Jake Garcia gets a visit from Lashlee

Advertisement
Garcia doing a bit of recruiting here in Florida.
.".. we have some kids over in Miami that we've reached out to...some kids from Miami Northwestern (High School) and just kids down there that are really talented."

Says he's good with a two QB class.

Advertisement
Giving this a bump. Gotta think with Miller Moss that Jake might become priority No.1 on the board. More athletic than what people think and a giant arm. Gotta think that Lashlee is going to sell him being the poster child for this O after D’Eriq is gone.

According to the USC 247 board, Garcia has gone "radio silent" for the past couple of weeks. No presence on social media, etc which hasn't been his habit before that.

Their inside reporters expect Moss to commit in the next week to two at most. Some are saying June 1...

There is also talk that they may be looking at a grad transfer as additional backup for this year. Not alot of confidence in their current back up situation and a weak OLine... They open with Bama this year - it's not out of the realm of possibility they lose Slovis to injury right away...

According to the USC 247 board, Garcia has gone "radio silent" for the past couple of weeks. No presence on social media, etc which hasn't been his habit before that.

Their inside reporters expect Moss to commit in the next week to two at most. Some are saying June 1...

There is also talk that they may be looking at a grad transfer as additional backup for this year. Not alot of confidence in their current back up situation and a weak OLine... They open with Bama this year - it's not out of the realm of possibility they lose Slovis to injury right away...

Can you explain in detail what's going on for those of us not up on recruiting?

Advertisement
Can you explain in detail what's going on for those of us not up on recruiting?

USC had 5 star QB Bryce Young committed for the better part of a year. Behind the scenes, Alabama was recruiting him, too. Given the state of USC football recently, it was assumed that Young would probably decommit at some point and end up at Bama. Last september, that's exactly what happened. While this was going on, Dan Enos was actively recruiting another 5 star Cali QB - Jake Garcia. He visited Miami with his family last March and seemed to be genuinely interested. All us Miami fans got our hopes up that Garcia was our guy. When Bryce Young flipped his commitment to Bama, Garcia jumped on it and days later, committed to USC. There went our hope for a 5 star QB. USC also said that they were possibly taking 2 QBs in the 2021 class - at the time, it didn't seem to bother Garcia.

Fast forward to this winter when Lashlee came on board. He began to recruit a few guys immediately. Miller Moss, another 4 star QB from Cali was one of them. Both Lashlee and Manny also made a visit to Garcia in Calif during their February visits. Moss has been taking his time making a decision -COVID made the process slower by making visits impossible. He didn't seem to have much interest in Miami but USC remained one of his 4 finalists. There has been speculation that Garcia may decommit from USC if Moss does commit there in the near future. No one knows for sure. If that happens, Miami could be on Garcia's radar again. At least that's what we all hope. The West Coast reporters have all put their cbs on Moss committing to USC in the past 24 hours. Steve Wiltfong, the 247 "Expert" has also done that as of today. It's expected that Moss will make a decision public in the next week or two at most.

So we will see what happens with Garcia... I think that's the story in a nutshell...

USC had 5 star QB Bryce Young committed for the better part of a year. Behind the scenes, Alabama was recruiting him, too. Given the state of USC football recently, it was assumed that Young would probably decommit at some point and end up at Bama. Last september, that's exactly what happened. While this was going on, Dan Enos was actively recruiting another 5 star Cali QB - Jake Garcia. He visited Miami with his family last March and seemed to be genuinely interested. All us Miami fans got our hopes up that Garcia was our guy. When Bryce Young flipped his commitment to Bama, Garcia jumped on it and days later, committed to USC. There went our hope for a 5 star QB. USC also said that they were possibly taking 2 QBs in the 2021 class - at the time, it didn't seem to bother Garcia.

Fast forward to this winter when Lashlee came on board. He began to recruit a few guys immediately. Miller Moss, another 4 star QB from Cali was one of them. Both Lashlee and Manny also made a visit to Garcia in Calif during their February visits. Moss has been taking his time making a decision -COVID made the process slower by making visits impossible. He didn't seem to have much interest in Miami but USC remained one of his 4 finalists. There has been speculation that Garcia may decommit from USC if Moss does commit there in the near future. No one knows for sure. If that happens, Miami could be on Garcia's radar again. At least that's what we all hope. The West Coast reporters have all put their cbs on Moss committing to USC in the past 24 hours. Steve Wiltfong, the 247 "Expert" has also done that as of today. It's expected that Moss will make a decision public in the next week or two at most.

So we will see what happens with Garcia... I think that's the story in a nutshell...

Miller Moss going to USC is really the domino that needed to fall. If Moss goes to USC, watch Alabama put even more pressure on the QB from Texas. If Garcia decommits, I expect Miami to be at or near the top. Remember Garcia not Moss is Manny #1 guy at QB.

Miller Moss going to USC is really the domino that needed to fall. If Moss goes to USC, watch Alabama put even more pressure on the QB from Texas. If Garcia decommits, I expect Miami to be at or near the top. Remember Garcia not Moss is Manny #1 guy at QB.
Garcia already stated he didn’t mind 2 qbs and he wasn’t manny’s guy he was enos’ guy. Better shot with Milroe

Advertisement
Finally we figured out for the first time since 2000 that there are 50 states in the US.. I was convinced our coaches only thought the US was made up of 4 states until now. I'd love to see them make another trip to Hawaii while out at California, our team could use a couple of mammoth Samoan O lineman and maybe a QB from there.
I hope we go to Alaska to get a Kodiak and suit him up on the DL. Talk about a hungry player, a beast, ready to eat, got that dog in him (because he just ate a few).

Garcia already stated he didn’t mind 2 qbs and he wasn’t manny’s guy he was enos’ guy. Better shot with Milroe

Manny is the one who put Enos on Garcia. Manny offered Garcia before Enos was even a coach here. Also even after Enos left, Manny went and visited him afterwards.

Advertisement

Awesome man thanks for the info!

Someone please tell me where is there any evidence of Milroe flipping form the longhorns to anyone. His name keeps popping up here. It reminds when everyone was saying that Fields was coming because of hazelnuts and no one anywhere was reporting any rumors about that.
Dudes just start saying stuff trying to wish it into existence.
Just cause he’s boys with king means 0.

Manny is the one who put Enos on Garcia. Manny offered Garcia before Enos was even a coach here. Also even after Enos left, Manny went and visited him afterwards.
I think bc Garcia had legit interest more than anything else. I mean **** look at the offense last year and Garcia isn’t an awful qb so I think manny was trying to get a qb. But he doesn’t fit Lashlee’s system and I doubt he’s the man. Milroe would be better and has a strong connection with king

Advertisement
Back