Jake Garcia gets a visit from Lashlee

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seems like Coach Justice is on the west coast too. Not too sure I would've paired rumph with patke as a recruiting duo either smh.

Probably kids they figure they have no shot at so they send that pair north to keep them away from legitimate recruits...

Probably kids they figure they have no shot at so they send that pair north to keep them away from legitimate recruits...
I mean, at least send Cooney on that trip. Otherwise it was the blind leading the blind having rumph & patke together.

What's your eval?

Trait based. Garcia is an excellent HS QB and might be a good college QB like other USC guys (Barkley, Kessler, Booty) who had similar deficiencies but the long term upside isn't there. His velocity is very limited and he's not quick with his footwork in the pocket. That's why he fits Lashlee better - more quick schemed throws and the vertical shots are 1on1 touch throws. He can process quickly and make accurate throws in that kind of system.

Trait based. Garcia is an excellent HS QB and might be a good college QB like other USC guys (Barkley, Kessler, Booty) who had similar deficiencies but the long term upside isn't there. His velocity is very limited and he's not quick with his footwork in the pocket. That's why he fits Lashlee better - more quick schemed throws and the vertical shots are 1on1 touch throws. He can process quickly and make accurate throws in that kind of system.
Sounds like the Goff comp is a good one?

Advertisement
Great to hear Kenyatta is high on the U. Need to lock up some great DE’s for the 2021 cycle, and he’s one of them.

Advertisement
I have a pretty solid feeling if Manny can field a 10+ win team this season we flip Garcia. The situation at USC right now is shaky.

I'm not real high on Garcia either, I don't really see special arm talent and his high rating seems to be guided by the hype of where he goes to school rather than his actual ability.

How do you compare his arm talent to that of TVD?

Edit: I admit I haven’t seen either of them, or if I did I don’t even remember.

Advertisement
I have a pretty solid feeling if Manny can field a 10+ win team this season we flip Garcia. The situation at USC right now is shaky.

USC actively recruiting a second QB for 2021. Miller Moss high on their list too. Supposedly Garcia doesn’t care.

1580909692946.gif

Advertisement
Back