Jake Garcia gets a visit from Lashlee

@Rellyrell, correct me if I'm wrong but even though Narbonne ain't Crenshaw, Dorsey, Fremont, Poly, etc., it is an "inner city" school? Pretty sure it's some YG's and Vatos that go there, right? Just saying that to say that Garcia might not be as out of place at the West as some may think. The biggest adjustment might be SoCal to SoFla(hardest part about that may be remembering that the ocean's on the right), not suburban to the "hood"...

Garcia went to Poly his freshman year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve mentioned this before; and I’m not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I’m not high on Garcia. There’s a reason SC took Moss.

Garcia plays at Narbonne while Moss plays at Mater Dei. One plays a local, now pedestrian schedule; the other plays a national schedule. One plays at a school that hasn’t produced a star in a while, the other plays at a school known for CFB and NFL stars.

Garcia lost his 5th star; there’s a reason.
His first yr starting, he put up 2100 yrds w/ 15 TDs and 5 ints against a lackluster schedule.
Miller put up 3100 28 TDs and 10 ints against a top end schedule.

Just never been high on the kid. If we picked him up, it would good from a star rating standpoint; but again, he lost his 5th star....keep that in mind before we pour champagne on ourselves
Fans in here acting like TVD ain’t gonna be fighting for that starting job

Anyone have any idea why Garcia wasn’t selected to the Elite 11?
Who cares tbh. Jarren Williams finished 5th on their list. The 2019 list didn’t have Kedon Slovis or John Rhys Plumlee. The 2018 list didn’t have JT Daniels, Adrian Martinez, Holton Ahlers, Brock Purdy, and Trey Lance.
The 2017 list didn’t have Hendon Hooker and Kenny Pickett and so on. These dudes miss all the time.

Advertisement
Bet bruh. I knew it isn't a traditional "rough" L.A. school but I heard it had gotten rougher. I also forgot he was a Jackrabbit too. I don't personally think he'd make the cross-country move, but if he did, he doesn't strike me as a kid who'd let MNW's location & demographics dissuade him from joining a national powerhouse full of WEAPONS. Weapons with whom he's already friends...

Naw; not at all. Yeah the school changed as they got tired of getting picked on and called fake gangstas. Lol.

I’ve mentioned this before; and I’m not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I’m not high on Garcia. There’s a reason SC took Moss.

Garcia plays at Narbonne while Moss plays at Mater Dei. One plays a local, now pedestrian schedule; the other plays a national schedule. One plays at a school that hasn’t produced a star in a while, the other plays at a school known for CFB and NFL stars.

Garcia lost his 5th star; there’s a reason.
His first yr starting, he put up 2100 yrds w/ 15 TDs and 5 ints against a lackluster schedule.
Miller put up 3100 28 TDs and 10 ints against a top end schedule.

Just never been high on the kid. If we picked him up, it would good from a star rating standpoint; but again, he lost his 5th star....keep that in mind before we pour champagne on ourselves
For TVD is our future. But remember if our offense is supposed to be very potent you literally need a game manager that is accurate not to mess up the game. So Garcia would fit perfectly.

Advertisement
Can the posters that don’t like/want Garcia articulate, in football terms, why? I haven’t really broken down his film like that but posters have said that he has a strong enough arm, doesn’t get much better than a 70% completion percentage and he seems like he’d fit our offense. I personally don’t care if he’s 4 or 5 stars.

I’m just curious as to why some posters, that I personally consider very reputable, don’t like him especially in comparison to our other realistic targets. I’ve seen that he doesn’t play against great comp, which goes both ways, are his teammates all world bc if not then that kind of cancels itself out? And I’ve seen some questioning of his mental makeup. Is that based off of anything tangible or just bc he’s a Cali kid? Brad did alright here.

And if you aren’t high on Jake, who are some realistic options that you would prefer to take instead? Or should we just wait until the season starts and prospects can see our O before committing to a QB. Just curious. I’m not trying to be a ****, I’m just trying to gain some insight(pun intended) so serious
responses only please. Thanks in advance.

Can the posters that don’t like/want Garcia articulate, in football terms, why? I haven’t really broken down his film like that but posters have said that he has a strong enough arm, doesn’t get much better than a 70% completion percentage and he seems like he’d fit our offense. I personally don’t care if he’s 4 or 5 stars.

I’m just curious as to why some posters, that I personally consider very reputable, don’t like him especially in comparison to our other realistic targets. I’ve seen that he doesn’t play against great comp, which goes both ways, are his teammates all world bc if not then that kind of cancels itself out? And I’ve seen some questioning of his mental makeup. Is that based off of anything tangible or just bc he’s a Cali kid? Brad did alright here.

And if you aren’t high on Jake, who are some realistic options that you would prefer to take instead? Or should we just wait until the season starts and prospects can see our O before committing to a QB. Just curious. I’m not trying to be a ****, I’m just trying to gain some insight(pun intended) so serious
responses only please. Thanks in advance.
Rells questions the school history involving HS recruits and they don’t play the best comp. I can’t speak about everyone else.

Advertisement
He is completing 70% of his passes by game managing.
Then he’s a pretty talented game manager big dawg. I think you’re getting what he asked to do confused with what he can do. He’s got a rocket and he’s smart. If they told to go win a game he could absolutely do it.

Advertisement
Back