Jake Garcia game observations

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMO, it's just reaching.

Garcia ain't flipping unless Clay Helton & Graham Harrell get fired, or if Harrell takes a NFL job come January, but by then Garcia would've already signed his LOI & EE'd.

The article did suggest that Miami should offer Jaxson Dart, I would be in favor of that too, although I highly doubt a Utah kid would ever really come here.

I'm guessing Miami's plan is to go all out for Garcia & if/when that doesn't work try to either get a kid to flip late Dec/Jan before February NSD, or try to get another Portal Transfer in January.

There's still multiple HS kids we should/could offer, why we haven't I have no idea, I just hope they're not on the Garcia or bust train, because that would be dumb to me.
Yup a 100% agree. Next year ur looking at perry, TVD, matocha. I think tvd wins out and perry transfers meaning we will be stuck with 2 scholarship qbs and neither have playing time they need a qb this cycle it's a must even its just a body

I don't think we should just take anybody, but we definitely can't take nobody.

We absolutely need a QB for the 21 class whether it's a HS recruit or a Portal transfer.

I just disagree with the idea that it can only be Garcia or no one else, to me that's *** backwards.
Idk either I wish we go back on jay allen unless he is devoted to baseball which it doesnt seem as such but I definitely want a dual threat qb

We absolutely need a QB for the 21 class whether it's a HS recruit or a Portal transfer.

I just disagree with the idea that it can only be Garcia or no one else, to me that's *** backwards.
Agreed, can't have a class without a QB. Not sold on Garcia and chances are slim anyway. Assuming King leaves and Miami doesn't collapse down the stretch, should find plenty of transfer options in the portal. Upcoming off-season should be crazy with player movement and Miami looms as a prime destination spot. Just need to be patient and let it play out.

Agreed, can't have a class without a QB. Not sold on Garcia and chances are slim anyway. Assuming King leaves and Miami doesn't collapse down the stretch, should find plenty of transfer options in the portal. Upcoming off-season should be crazy with player movement and Miami looms as a prime destination spot. Just need to be patient and let it play out.
Right on the mark! Either recruit a true frosh who you genuinely think is quality or just hold tight and grab our annual stud QB from the portal.

Advertisement

we did a great job evaluating and then recruiting TVD. it's looking like a top tier get. so it shows we CAN do it, if we try.

why we seem to be struggling this year (as you said, "Garcia or bust"), is a bit odd to me.

With the new rule that transfers can play right away this year, you know a ton of highly rated qb's that haven't gotten playing time or want to go to a bigger program will come calling. No need to take Garcia

Well, seems like the rumor that Garcia is now transferring to Grayson may actually be fact. It's been stated on both the UGA and the USC boards tonight. Both say it's a done deal and he IS eligible to play football.

don't know how that works....

IMO, it's just reaching.

Garcia ain't flipping unless Clay Helton & Graham Harrell get fired, or if Harrell takes a NFL job come January, but by then Garcia would've already signed his LOI & EE'd.

article did suggest that Miami should offer Jaxson Dart, I would be in favor of that too, although I highly doubt a Utah kid would ever really come here.

I'm guessing Miami's plan is to go all out for Garcia & if/when that doesn't work try to either get a kid to flip late Dec/Jan before February NSD, or try to get another Portal Transfer in January.

There's still multiple HS kids we should/could offer, why we haven't I have no idea, I just hope they're not on the Garcia or bust train, because that would be dumb to me.

I have felt that Miami should go after 2021 QB Clay Millen, he comes from a football family and is a football junky.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back