Jake Garcia 4 star 2021 QB from California offered today

Advertisement
Need to win with offense that works. Also, I assume that the young man would be looking for signs that Enos is sticking for a couple of years.

Need to win with offense that works. Also, I assume that the young man would be looking for signs that Enos is sticking for a couple of years.
Don’t see Enos going anywhere unless it’s Michigan St, and their coach just signed an extension through 2026.

Advertisement
It's rough because these bag schools have a formulaic approach for every kid categorized as open to recruitment. They keep baseline contact up until the Spring before senior season, then start the methodical onslaught. Miami can't take that approach so it leaves us needing to try to build up loyalty before then. Hence the wave of regular decommits.

We need to come up with a better answer to this, but I have no idea what it is.

It's rough because these bag schools have a formulaic approach for every kid categorized as open to recruitment. They keep baseline contact up until the Spring before senior season, then start the methodical onslaught. Miami can't take that approach so it leaves us needing to try to build up loyalty before then. Hence the wave of regular decommits.

We need to come up with a better answer to this, but I have no idea what it is.

Our coach just pulled up in a million dollar yacht. We have bags. We just need to win. Everytime we have won 10+ games since 2000 we have had a Top 10 class follow that.

I'm making a broad generalization here but Miami and South Florida is always going to be a more attractive/relatable option to these West Coast kids and parents than the usual pull of the SEC and even the Big Ten. That's why it's an especially opportune time to be striking occasional but repeated gold out there with both SoCal programs not exactly killing it right now and our little Gorman "pipeline" going.

Our coach just pulled up in a million dollar yacht. We have bags. We just need to win. Everytime we have won 10+ games since 2000 we have had a Top 10 class follow that.

We can't play the game like some of the big boys. I've followed this **** long enough to see clear patterns emerging. Yes, winning is important and helps us keep recruits in a major way. But, winning 10 games wasn't the answer for Tyson Campbell, Pat Surtain, or Josh Jobe. We have a decommitment problem and it will in large part be mitigated by putting a better product on the field. But, I'm wondering what else can be done in terms of the recruiting approach to further mitigate.

Advertisement
We can't play the game like some of the big boys. I've followed this **** long enough to see clear patterns emerging. Yes, winning is important and helps us keep recruits in a major way. But, winning 10 games wasn't the answer for Tyson Campbell, Pat Surtain, or Josh Jobe. We have a decommitment problem and it will in large part be mitigated by putting a better product on the field. But, I'm wondering what else can be done in terms of the recruiting approach to further mitigate.

Miami needs to embrace its identity of the "bad boys" and make The U the "cool school" to go to again. We need our brand back. A lot of these centennials are followers. U get a few to come here and the rest will fall like dominoes. If we are winning.

Miami needs to embrace its identity of the "bad boys" and make The U the "cool school" to go to again. We need our brand back. A lot of these centennials are followers. U get a few to come here and the rest will fall like dominoes. If we are winning.
I believe we saw some of that identity reform under richt and I also believe Manny is aware and will continue to push the image to recruits.

I believe we saw some of that identity reform under richt and I also believe Manny is aware and will continue to push the image to recruits.

Yeah one of the best things I've heard in this new regime came from the director of recruiting or whatever yesterday. He basically said that he would take a recruit that may be a little less talented but is a dawg over the one a little more talented but doesn't have that Miami swag. I've been saying that for years.

Advertisement
Advertisement

We had a brief fling of relevance in ‘17. But there have been few reasons for top recruits to think Miami had right staff/infrastructure in place to be a top program in past 15 years plus.

I believe we do now.

While we are on this topic, why is it that so many people can't pronounce Chipotle correctly? It seems like anywhere you go, at least 1 person in the room seemingly says "Chipoltay".

Sorry, rant over.
Yeah, it should be "Chi-po-tul."

Advertisement
Back