Jakai Clark has been moved to starter.

• Thread starter Deleted member 26015
  • Start date
Do people realize ivey normally is covering the other teams best wideout, he ok, if not, their are 2 Young guns waiting in the wings, ivey does way more good than his mishaps, about the only adjustment he needs to make is attacking the ball better, coach rumph believes in his guys, and rightfully so. The jakai clark move is a good look, nobody's job is safe on that o-line except scaife and gaynor. Shouts out to john campbell for holding down that left tackle spot!

Advertisement
we have no one better. Why do people keep asking?!?!?
I get your point. The coaches probably feel that way. But Williams hasn't gotten any meaningful burn I don't know how they can discern between a Greentree AA or a gamer. Not sure we can go Blades, Couch, Williams so Ivey will need to play a lot anyway but we need to at least see what Williams has. We've seen what Ivey can do. Perhaps I'm jumping on the gun and he gets better, but I don't think you can teach instincts (as we are also seeing with McCloud). We could use Avantae right about now. We can't keep starting two slow *** corners, one is enough.

Ivey actually has more bright spots on film than any cane fan will admit.

Ivey made several plays even against the GREAT TUTU in last years matchup. Just go back and watch the game.

I admit he also has his extremely bad and head scratching moments......I think Ivey is just an average CB. We don’t have another average CB right now to replace him with apparently or the staff would have done it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I get your point. The coaches probably feel that way. But Williams hasn't gotten any meaningful burn I don't know how they can discern between a Greentree AA or a gamer. Not sure we can go Blades, Couch, Williams so Ivey will need to play a lot anyway but we need to at least see what Williams has. We've seen what Ivey can do. Perhaps I'm jumping on the gun and he gets better, but I don't think you can teach instincts (as we are also seeing with McCloud). We could use Avantae right about now. We can't keep starting two slow *** corners, one is enough.

I wish Williams would step up and take that spot but for some reason he hasn’t. I doubt Rumph would play the worst guy but who knows. Couch is too small to play outside. We need him covering the slot.

I forgot who, but someone had said that Reed had been outstanding at center in camp and they they expected Clark to move back to guard.

Ivey actually has more bright spots on film than any cane fan will admit.

Ivey made several plays even against the GREAT TUTU in last years matchup. Just go back and watch the game.

i admit he also has his extremely bad moments. I think Ivey is just an average CB. We don’t have another CB right now. To replace him with apparently or the staff would have done it.
And that comes from the guy who made a play-by-play breakdown for the UAB game. Well said.

I wish Williams would step up and take that spot but for some reason he hasn’t. I doubt Rumph would play the worst guy but who knows. Couch is too small to play outside. We need him covering the slot.
For sure, definitely this week. I dare say we need him to shadow Atwell Richard Sherman-style.

Advertisement
We have guys who can draw the defense on the dry-erase board but can't make the plays needed. Find out who can make a play. Not sure how you do that in the context of winning a game but its needed for this season to be what it could be.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here we see a screenshot in which Ivey has Watkins under a blanket. Ivey is at this moment in time looking back at the ball. The ball was thrown poorly. If it's not thrown poorly, there's almost no chance Watkins catches it. In fact, it's actually more likely that Ivey grabs it for a pick. What happens is Watkins makes a diving attempt at the poorly thrown ball. Ivey has no chance at making a play on the ball, but the coverage is excellent. UAB just got lucky.
CollageMaker_20200914_130749698.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Traore graded out the lowest of the linemen but it wasn’t really that bad that it would warrant a benching. Unless the competition between him and Clark was razor thin. I think the coaches trust Clark to pick up on the A gap blitzes better. Hopefully it pans out.

I said the interior ol was shaky Saturday when folks said Roman graded them out as “ excellent “. I’ll say what I said when I heard that quote “ he’s smoking meth if he thinks excellent , above average is as high as possible” The tackles played well.

. Ol is the position I’ve always paid the most attention to, I respect his qb takes but I’ll trust my own eyes on ol.

Advertisement
Back