Jakai Clark has been moved to starter.

• Thread starter Deleted member 26015
  • Start date
I wish Williams would step up and take that spot but for some reason he hasn’t. I doubt Rumph would play the worst guy but who knows. Couch is too small to play outside. We need him covering the slot.
…sure about that?

By the way, does Asante Samuel, Jr, of FSU, ever play the outside? Does PFF think he may have the goods to be first round?

Hint: All questions above are traps.

Advertisement
1600104696907.png

Advertisement
Hmmmmmmm....

If only there was this thing called "practice" where the coaches were able to evaluate the kids each and every day for an entire week to see who is making mistakes, who is making plays, who understand the calls, who is giving us the best chance to win. Wow, that sure would be sweet.

But yeah... HOW DO YOU KNOW???

so you think McCloud showed in practice that he was better than Sam Brooks Waymon Steed Avery Huff and TAC??... no he’s been trash his entire career.

same thing applies with Ivey... there are better cbs on the roster that just need experience the staff plays favorites.

Do people realize ivey normally is covering the other teams best wideout, he ok, if not, their are 2 Young guns waiting in the wings, ivey does way more good than his mishaps, about the only adjustment he needs to make is attacking the ball better, coach rumph believes in his guys, and rightfully so. The jakai clark move is a good look, nobody's job is safe on that o-line except scaife and gaynor. Shouts out to john campbell for holding down that left tackle spot!
No he's not, Ivey is the Boundary corner, he does not face the WR1 in most cases unless they're shifted to his side.

And the he does way more good than mishaps statement is purely false.

He's the worst cover corner we have on the team & it's not debatable.

Advertisement
That's not true, both Couch & Williams are absolutely better than Ivey.

couch is better for sure but not big enough in my option to play outside and if he is outside then we have no one to cover the slot.

I haven’t seen enough to be able to judge williams

I was shocked to see Campbell grade out so poorly at run blocking. I always had thought that was his strength :unsure:
On Cam's TD run, Campbell crushed UAB's DE. I'm surprised by the grade as well.

I’d like to see scaife because he got pushed around in the run game at times. The tackles held up great against the pass rush but most of the run issues I saw was interior. We could’ve had more long runs if scaife would’ve just touched a dl. Or held a block for a second.
If the grades we're hearing are accurate, Campbell graded worst in the run game. I'm surprised by that given his toughness and willingness to work.

I said the interior ol was shaky Saturday when folks said Roman graded them out as “ excellent “. I’ll say what I said when I heard that quote “ he’s smoking meth if he thinks excellent , above average is as high as possible” The tackles played well.

. Ol is the position I’ve always paid the most attention to, I respect his qb takes but I’ll trust my own eyes on ol.
I thought Campbell held up in pass pro but we failed to get a good push in the running game. It's a testament to the vision and athleticism of our RBs that they had so many chunk plays.

Advertisement
couch is better for sure but not big enough in my option to play outside and if he is outside then we have no one to cover the slot.

Anything taller than 5'7 is plenty big enough to play an outside Corner spot, Amik Robertson was 5'8 & was complete bulldog playing Field Corner for La Tech. He had 60tcks 16PBU's & 5INT's his Junior year last year & got drafted in the 4th round.

Couch is legit 5'10 with crazy long arms, he's skinny & on the slender side but he's not too small to play Outside.

They don't play the younger Corners because this Defensive staff always defers to upperclassmen, they don't care how good a player is, if he hasn't been in the system for at least 2 years they're not gonna play them unless they have no choice due to injuries.

Just hanging around waiting for a certain unnamed poster to come back in here and tell another certain unnamed poster that he doesn’t know “****” about football ”!”

Advertisement
Anything taller 5'7 is plenty big enough to play an outside Corner spot, Amik Robertson was 5'8 & was complete bulldog playing Field Corner for La Tech. He had 60tcks 16PBU's & 5INT's his Junior year last year & got drafted in the 4th round.

Couch is legit 5'10 with crazy long arms, he's skinny & on the slender side but he's not too small to play Outside.

They don't play the younger Corners because this Defensive staff always defers to upperclassmen, they don't care how good a player is, if he hasn't been in the system for at least 2-3 years they're not gonna play them unless they have no choice due to injuries.

well that’s absurd then. I’m expecting couch to be shadowing Tutu this game

I think it comes down to trust over athleticism. As far as I can tell Ivey isn't blowing a lot of coverages because he doesn't understand the defense. He frustrates fans because he doesnt turn his head and possible INTs become receptions, but he is at least where he is supposed to be. The other CBs may be more athletic but Baker would rather deal with the devil he knows.

It's deserved, he's terrible.

People aren't being unreasonable or irrational, Ivey is not a starting caliber ACC CB, he's awful & there's no two ways about it.
People weren't unreasonable in their criticism of Bobyonce' either. Sometimes, guys just aren't very good, and on the backend, it usually and unfortunately shows up with TDs. They fck up, and it's 6.

Advertisement
Back