Jakai Clark has been moved to starter.

• Thread starter Deleted member 26015
  • Start date
is Hedley really a Junior?
image.jpeg

Advertisement
How do you know when Ivey gets most of the reps? Maybe they should let Christian Williams and get equal reps to see which one looks worse when the ball is coming their way.

Hmmmmmmm....

If only there was this thing called "practice" where the coaches were able to evaluate the kids each and every day for an entire week to see who is making mistakes, who is making plays, who understand the calls, who is giving us the best chance to win. Wow, that sure would be sweet.

But yeah... HOW DO YOU KNOW???

I said the interior ol was shaky Saturday when folks said Roman graded them out as “ excellent “. I’ll say what I said when I heard that quote “ he’s smoking meth if he thinks excellent , above average is as high as possible” The tackles played well.

. Ol is the position I’ve always paid the most attention to, I respect his qb takes but I’ll trust my own eyes on ol.

Keep watching the interior OL play and speaking your mind. It is much appreciated.

I personally watch the DTs more than anything else. There is so much that happens there that the stats just don't pick up.

Advertisement
I said the interior ol was shaky Saturday when folks said Roman graded them out as “ excellent “. I’ll say what I said when I heard that quote “ he’s smoking meth if he thinks excellent , above average is as high as possible” The tackles played well.

. Ol is the position I’ve always paid the most attention to, I respect his qb takes but I’ll trust my own eyes on ol.
Per Inside the U -
- Traore had the lowest offensive grade of any offensive starter for the Hurricanes at 56.9. His pass blocking grade was 81.1, which was the highest on the team, but was just 52.3 in run blocking--second-to-last only behind left tackle John Campbell.

Did Clark play last week? Did Traore put out that much bad film? Seems like a short leash considering we have guys starting elsewhere who have been ******* up for 2+ years. I do like Clark, think he played relatively well last year and has good movement skills. Not sure about his power run blocking though.
Competition. It's a great thing.

Per Inside the U -
- Traore had the lowest offensive grade of any offensive starter for the Hurricanes at 56.9. His pass blocking grade was 81.1, which was the highest on the team, but was just 52.3 in run blocking--second-to-last only behind left tackle John Campbell.

How does 81.1 and 52.3 average out at 56.9?

Advertisement
Here we see a screenshot in which Ivey has Watkins under a blanket. Ivey is at this moment in time looking back at the ball. The ball was thrown poorly. If it's not thrown poorly, there's almost no chance Watkins catches it. In fact, it's actually more likely that Ivey grabs it for a pick. What happens is Watkins makes a diving attempt at the poorly thrown ball. Ivey has no chance at making a play on the ball, but the coverage is excellent. UAB just got lucky.
My concern over Ivey was based on watching this in real time. I'll admit I was hasty in my criticism.

Per Inside the U -

I’d like to see scaife because he got pushed around in the run game at times. The tackles held up great against the pass rush but most of the run issues I saw was interior. We could’ve had more long runs if scaife would’ve just touched a dl. Or held a block for a second.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’d like to see scaife because he got pushed around in the run game at times. The tackles held up great against the pass rush but most of the run issues I saw was interior. We could’ve had more long runs if scaife would’ve just touched a dl. Or held a block for a second.

Scaife was really bad.

Competition. It's a great thing.
Agreed. Didn't know Traore sucked that bad, and Clark is good so I really don't have a beef with it. My concern is that this standard is not fairly applied. Obviously I don't know the inner workings of the team but I'll be **** if we don't keep seeing the same cast of characters trotted out with no reductions in PT.

Advertisement
Back