Jakai Clark has been moved to starter.

• Thread starter Deleted member 26015
  • Start date
I’d like to see scaife because he got pushed around in the run game at times. The tackles held up great against the pass rush but most of the run issues I saw was interior. We could’ve had more long runs if scaife would’ve just touched a dl. Or held a block for a second.
I rewatched the game over the weekend and a lot of it was eerily similar to most of our games last year where we continually got stuffed on inside runs. I know we ended the game with a ton of yards rushing, but frankly I thought the numbers were deceiving. As most fans said preseason, OL and CB just aren't good enough to compete with the big boys.

Advertisement

Interesting move.

They also moved Reed from 2nd ROG to 2nd C.. Rivers is the 2nd ROG... I think we might try and run the ball down Louisville throat.
I want to see us get them on play action passing. slant and gos... I rewatched the game. We could blow them out again.

Harley had 3 TDs 150+ yards
Wiggins 2 TDs 130+ yards.

Guys were wide open.. I'm serious I expect another 42-24 or 38-24 type of game Canes win.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But I thought Traore was our “most consistent” during camp?
He was definitely not the most consistent lineman during camp as he was the last one to lock in a starting spot.

Advertisement
Sigh.

This Ivey talk is going to turn into a Robert Knowles thing all over again isn’t it.
Yep and of coarse Knowles was good as a senior. Although Ivey is a good player but when he makes mistakes they are glaring so people pile on him.

The only reason I can imagine is it being a change due to a different gamep
facts why is Ivey and McCloud still starters?
cause they're experienced and probably proved it over practice after practice that we dont' watch. I think ivey is redeemable.....he's there just can't seem to make the plays. Mccloud is experience and being in the right place...but others may prove better

Advertisement
But I thought Traore was our “most consistent” during camp?

He probably was until he was introduced to those country-strong UAB DTs shaped like hockey pucks. If our interior OL couldn't move those guys just imagine how they'll look against CLEM. Justice needs to continue recruiting a lot better than Searels did because the guys Searels recruited have turned out to be pretty big busts.

My thing is we need to stop worrying they making chess moves that will help the offense now I'm surprised King didn't take most of those RPO himself bc on some he would've been wide open.

I thought Clark would take over for Gaynor who just does not have the leverage to block ACC NT's. Might see that play out given a few more weeks of playing.

Advertisement
Back