Jakai Clark has been moved to starter.

• Thread starter Deleted member 26015
  • Start date
He was definitely not the most consistent lineman during camp as he was the last one to lock in a starting spot.

Maybe I read too much into Diaz’s comments, but these were excerpts:

Sept 1:

The battle at left guard has been an area that has received a lot of attention, and Diaz spoke on what redshirt sophomore OL Ousman Traore has brought to the first team lineup when he’s been in there.
“[Traore] is a steady presence at guard, tough," Diaz said. "He’s done a nice job establishing a role for himself on this year’s team.”

Sept 7:

The main position battle in camp was at left guard, where redshirt sophomore Ousman Traore won out over sophomores Zion Nelson and Jakai Clark, who were both starters for Miami last season.

“Ousman has been super solid, brings good toughness there,” Diaz said. “We feel good about that left side of the line.”

Advertisement
They also moved Reed from 2nd ROG to 2nd C.. Rivers is the 2nd ROG... I think we might try and run the ball down Louisville throat.
I want to see us get them on play action passing. slant and gos... I rewatched the game. We could blow them out again.

Harley had 3 TDs 150+ yards
Wiggins 2 TDs 130+ yards.

Guys were wide open.. I'm serious I expect another 42-24 or 38-24 type of game Canes win.

I posted on the off season Rivers would be in the two deep and could be starting by seasons end. He’s going to be a good one.

They also moved Reed from 2nd ROG to 2nd C.. Rivers is the 2nd ROG... I think we might try and run the ball down Louisville throat.
I want to see us get them on play action passing. slant and gos... I rewatched the game. We could blow them out again.

Guys were wide open.. I'm serious I expect another 42-24 or 38-24 type of game Canes win.

Thought that was curious as well. Wasn't clark listed as backup to Gaynor last week? Did he play at all? Not crazy about a guy coming in cold in a big game but it is what it is

Thought that was curious as well. Wasn't clark listed as backup to Gaynor last week? Did he play at all? Not crazy about a guy coming in cold in a big game but it is what it is
They really like what Reed has done at center. Clark played a few snaps in the opener along with a few other reserve linemen but the staring group pretty much played the whole game until the 4th when they brought in a lot of second team guys

Advertisement
My thing is we need to stop worrying they making chess moves that will help the offense now I'm surprised King didn't take most of those RPO himself bc on some he would've been wide open.
A lot of those plays that looked like zone reads where just designed runs. You can tell if it’s a zone read by watching the quarterback’s head. If he’s staring down the uncovered DE, that means he’s deciding whether or not to hand it off. If he’s looking towards the middle of the field it’s likely an RPO as he’s deciding to run or pass based on a linebacker’s initial movement.

Advertisement
A lot of those plays that looked like zone reads where just designed runs. You can tell if it’s a zone read by watching the quarterback’s head. If he’s staring down the uncovered DE, that means he’s deciding whether or not to hand it off. If he’s looking towards the middle of the field it’s likely an RPO as he’s deciding to run or pass based on a linebacker’s initial movement.
These are basics that players look for. The problem is when you have a King who mixes it up, and then throws in natural speed that can literally burn you. The RPO can be devastating.

Advertisement
According to PFF, Traore had a pretty great game against UAB. Curious if this was a close battle coming out camp and Clark's work in practice is what led to this move.

Maybe one of the writers for this site or hopefully another can ask about this at the next QnA.

I’d like to see scaife because he got pushed around in the run game at times. The tackles held up great against the pass rush but most of the run issues I saw was interior. We could’ve had more long runs if scaife would’ve just touched a dl. Or held a block for a second.

Gonna contnue to say this ,....hes a better tackle than he is at guard. Folks just pidgeon hole him to guard because hes about 6'2 1/2. He and Campbell should be flip flopped at their positions..because campbell didnt look half bad at guard.

Advertisement
And he if allows multiple sacks, you would be screaming. Quit trying to be a keyboard coach
I wouldnt. I wasnt screaming last year at our offensive line. Or the year before. And I had plenty of opportunities to do so.

Everyone in here proclaiming who should be benched and who should be fired is a keyboard GM or coach according to you. And thats stupid, because if we all need to quit on that behaviour, you can shut this forum down. You can shut most of social media down during sports events.

If you cannot handle people sharing and discussing opinions on the internet, dont be on this forum.

According to PFF, Traore had a pretty great game against UAB. Curious if this was a close battle coming out camp and Clark's work in practice is what led to this move.

Maybe one of the writers for this site or hopefully another can ask about this at the next QnA.
PFF is all over the place. Didn't they have Ivey as the top CB in the ACC at some point?

And he if allows multiple sacks, you would be screaming. Quit trying to be a keyboard coach
Btw, what the **** are you doing here commenting on football related stuff? Thought you didnt want to watch football again?

Louisville is small on defense. UAB may be bigger

Advertisement
Back