Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

Advertisement
Because it’s his job to recruit for the school he’s currently employed by. When you want to move up, you leverage your performance and the threat of the drop off in performance if you were to leave. But to try to squeeze UM like he did it was lame. That’s why his *** ended up at FIU than USF, he was under qualified to be here on field any way. I’m not opposed to him coming back down the line, but after he’s cut his teeth. He can kick rocks until than. Right now he has the same maturity level of the kids he recruits. The kids need a coach, not a best friend.

Why would he not? Because that’s not the way its done properly, he overplayed his leverage like an inexperienced kid. As evidenced by exhibit DVD. If he played his cards properly he’d be UMs CB coach next year. Instead he played his cards the way you would have, hence he ended up where he is.
hes currently a position coach at a power 5 school. Im guessing he played his cards ok. He would currently NOT be one here

Because it’s his job to recruit for the school he’s currently employed by. When you want to move up, you leverage your performance and the threat of the drop off in performance if you were to leave. But to try to squeeze UM like he did it was lame. That’s why his *** ended up at FIU than USF, he was under qualified to be here on field any way. I’m not opposed to him coming back down the line, but after he’s cut his teeth. He can kick rocks until than. Right now he has the same maturity level of the kids he recruits. The kids need a coach, not a best friend.

Why would he not? Because that’s not the way its done properly, he overplayed his leverage like an inexperienced kid. As evidenced by exhibit DVD. If he played his cards properly he’d be UMs CB coach next year. Instead he played his cards the way you would have, hence he ended up where he is.

To be clear, I don't think we should have elevated DVD to CB coach, and I think he needed to gain experience as a CB coach elsewhere before being thrust in the role here.

But, you've got a giant contradiction in your post. You are saying DVD was underqualified and seem to be in agreement with me that he needed to cut his teeth as a CB coach elsewhere, but then you're saying he'd be UM's CB coach for 2024 of he'd have just stayed here? It can't be both, man. Either he needed the experience and so he needed to leave, or he would have been qualified and gotten the job if he'd have hung around another year.

Advertisement
Yeah and it’s like how Bama and UGA always get pulled into this

They have lots of busts to at are 5 stars but they just pull such a high percentage. Our blue chip ranking is misleading to me because there’s a clear separation of talent once you get near those top spots (Mauigoa types)

We just don’t pull many of them at all so when one misses it’s a huge deal for us where those elites just put in the backup who’s probably also a top 50 player
I would also add that not all 5* and high 4* are recruited equally. There is likely a correlation between being highly sought after and future success that isn’t always the same as recruiting rankings. This is one of the things we are doing better now. This gives me as much hope as high class rankings. For instance, Bain was heavily recruited by Alabama, FSU, and Auburn. He was just a top 100 player, but was recruited like a top 30 player by some of the best DL programs. He was more sought after than Cyrus Moss, who was ranked similarly. Another example would be Tommy Kinsler. We have gotten many 90 rated OL over the years. We haven’t gotten a lot of 90 rated OL that an SEC school wanted very badly. By all accounts, he will be a future starter on a team with a good OL. Recruiting rankings matter of course, but winning the battles is also important.

These are the same type of misses we have gotten at DB for a long time now. We get some decently rated guys, but we don’t win the important ones for the most sought after players regardless of rank.

To be clear, I don't think we should have elevated DVD to CB coach, and I think he needed to gain experience as a CB coach elsewhere before being thrust in the role here.

But, you've got a giant contradiction in your post. You are saying DVD was underqualified and seem to be in agreement with me that he needed to cut his teeth as a CB coach elsewhere, but then you're saying he'd be UM's CB coach for 2024 of he'd have just stayed here? It can't be both, man. Either he needed the experience and so he needed to leave, or he would have been qualified and gotten the job if he'd have hung around another year.
No... both can be true…. He would have been the cb coach next year, but he still would have been under qualified for the role. I was illustrating that he played his cards wrong, and had he done it differently, he would have been able to get in to the role he wanted, even while being under qualified.

Advertisement
Gone but bot forgotten Addae
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

I would also add that not all 5* and high 4* are recruited equally. There is likely a correlation between being highly sought after and future success that isn’t always the same as recruiting rankings. This is one of the things we are doing better now. This gives me as much hope as high class rankings. For instance, Bain was heavily recruited by Alabama, FSU, and Auburn. He was just a top 100 player, but was recruited like a top 30 player by some of the best DL programs. He was more sought after than Cyrus Moss, who was ranked similarly. Another example would be Tommy Kinsler. We have gotten many 90 rated OL over the years. We haven’t gotten a lot of 90 rated OL that an SEC school wanted very badly. By all accounts, he will be a future starter on a team with a good OL. Recruiting rankings matter of course, but winning the battles is also important.

These are the same type of misses we have gotten at DB for a long time now. We get some decently rated guys, but we don’t win the important ones for the most sought after players regardless of rank.
very complicated topic you’re talking about here but I get where you’re going with it and I agree

We are flipping a lot of guys and winning battles against recruiting powers. I feel like @Dwinstitles has talked about this a lot. There’s a lot of highly ranked kids on paper we have been getting but the usual suspects weren’t recruiting them hard. It’s not that cut and dry but I know what you’re getting at

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rumph at least could coach. He had the #1 pass defense in the country in 2018. The best Addae could do was like 60th.
Rumph also started on the #1 Pass defense in America in 2000...not to mention a pass defense (1999) that didn't give up a receiving TD the last 7 games. If not for Mike jumping that route and causing the Walter's too Reed INT vs BC in 2001 we lose. For anybody to think Mike cant coach is about as ludicrous as anything on CIS.

Rumph also started on the #1 Pass defense in America in 2000...not to mention a pass defense (1999) that didn't give up a receiving TD the last 7 games. If not for Mike jumping that route and causing the Walter's too Reed INT vs BC in 2001 we lose. For anybody to think Mike cant coach is about as ludicrous as anything on CIS.
Recruiting was always the question. Do you think his time in the recruiting department has helped him??

Advertisement
Back