Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

Advertisement
but he was a starter so he counts.

i'm a steelers fan and hated his getting drafted in the first round. was drafted on measureables, not talent. love the kid, not the playa
It counts to you, not me. Maybe I should’ve been more specific. A guy who is going to have a long career as an NFL starter

Advertisement
You don't know if he can recruit or not though. Some of you guys really overthink position coaches and get two invested in something you have no idea if it will work out or not. Big name coaches can fail and no name coaches can succeed, it's best to just let it play out.
Dudes would want Darrel Revis as db coach not knowing if he’s going to kiss a players *** to come to UM. It’s all about getting a kid to sign they already have a diva attitude if they high rated they don’t give a **** who you are after they met you like three times. They are about themselves and their brand. Get someone anyone who can establish a relationship whoever it is, and then prove they can bring the best here. Have that relentlessness Mario has and charisma and you cooking

Advertisement
Advertisement
Chevis Jackson:
2017 MAC Recruiter of the Year via 247Sports
Marshall:
Marshall was ranked No. 1 in FBS in third down conversion percentage defense, allowing just 23.5 percent conversions and the pass efficiency defense ranked No. 3 in FBS and No. 1 in the Sun Belt as well. Marshall also ranked No. 8 in FBS in first downs defense, allowing just 200 total in 13 games.

How you want to divide that credit between him and Guidry who knows, but they seemed to work well together.

Kansas:
In his first two seasons at Kansas, Jackson made his impact felt, guiding Hasan Defense to All-Big 12 honors in 2019 and Karon Prunty to Freshman All-American honors in 2020.

Could be a diamond. I didn't like the Beard hire and he's done fairly well so maybe Jackson will be that missing piece. Hard to distinguish much being the skill level of these schools

Looks like cribby agrees 👀 . Wonder if mario got his guy already lol
Mario does a lot of questionable *** **** here on game day but he knows **** well he needs to lock this hire down. Addae was a mistake in the same vein Gattis was a mistake. I know the jury is out on Dawson as far as results but the change in philosophy is what’s important there

I would expect nothing less than an absolute recruiting savage here but that’s no inside info just pure educated guess

Advertisement
I don’t question his ability to coach or mesh with Guidry.

My concern is he’s been doing it for 6yrs and has zero NFL guys on his resume. To me, that says something about his inability to identify talent.

Fair and that was my sole note (if he’s any good at recruiting). I’ll say though that coming from Addae’s lackluster recruiting that I don’t see Mario tolerating poor recruiting from the staff (he’s been upgrading it each hire since the failed all star staph). If Mario feels he’ll do the job there I have no other knowledge on the guy to argue any differently.

Last edited:
Starters in the NFL means that Miami is building great football teams. I don’t want a bunch of guys who might go to the league or make a roster, we want starters.

Not sure where to start with how dumb alot of this sounds.

You can identify talent all you want at those schools but it’s still a shot in the dark at them becoming an NFL player. Take a look at the programs who produce the most NFL DB’s; LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio state. They are landing 5 star DB recruits, good luck getting those to Marshall.
Again, Miami has produced one NFL starter in 10 years and you’re questioning why a guy who coached at Kansas and Marshall didn’t produce any in 6 years? Lol

You’re all over the place.

Focus.

The only way to quantify talent acquisition is thru NFL draftees. How else would you do it?

Advertisement
Back