Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

Advertisement
Because it’s his job to recruit for the school he’s currently employed by. When you want to move up, you leverage your performance and the threat of the drop off in performance if you were to leave. But to try to squeeze UM like he did it was lame. That’s why his *** ended up at FIU than USF, he was under qualified to be here on field any way. I’m not opposed to him coming back down the line, but after he’s cut his teeth. He can kick rocks until than. Right now he has the same maturity level of the kids he recruits. The kids need a coach, not a best friend.

Why would he not? Because that’s not the way its done properly, he overplayed his leverage like an inexperienced kid. As evidenced by exhibit DVD. If he played his cards properly he’d be UMs CB coach next year. Instead he played his cards the way you would have, hence he ended up where he is.
Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

Because it’s his job to recruit for the school he’s currently employed by. When you want to move up, you leverage your performance and the threat of the drop off in performance if you were to leave. But to try to squeeze UM like he did it was lame. That’s why his *** ended up at FIU than USF, he was under qualified to be here on field any way. I’m not opposed to him coming back down the line, but after he’s cut his teeth. He can kick rocks until than. Right now he has the same maturity level of the kids he recruits. The kids need a coach, not a best friend.

Why would he not? Because that’s not the way its done properly, he overplayed his leverage like an inexperienced kid. As evidenced by exhibit DVD. If he played his cards properly he’d be UMs CB coach next year. Instead he played his cards the way you would have, hence he ended up where he is.

preach. i saw* him coach the DBs in 2-3 practices and this is exactly the problem. he was soft. i don't know that he has the demeanor to be a true coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just can't see why Surtain would leave FSU this year. I know college football coaches say one thing and do another all the time but would have to imagine he talked Davonte Brown, Little and Marvin Jones all into getting the band back together. To leave for the same title position just doesn't seem logical.

I just can't see why Surtain would leave FSU this year. I know college football coaches say one thing and do another all the time but would have to imagine he talked Davonte Brown, Little and Marvin Jones all into getting the band back together. To leave for the same title position just doesn't seem logical.
It's prob not but once CIS sinks their teeth into something *pause* they wont let it go

Gaby said there's some early buzz around Chevis Jackson

@Ghandi curious why you would be against Chevis? I don’t know **** about coaches around the country. He seems like he’d be an alright hire. Marshall’s pass defense in ‘22 with him and Guidry was good. I know it’s a one year sample but if Guidry works well with him and he’s up and coming in the ranks…; I don’t know how he is as a recruiter though.

Advertisement
@Ghandi curious why you would be against Chevis? I don’t know **** about coaches around the country. He seems like he’d be an alright hire. Marshall’s pass defense in ‘22 with him and Guidry was good. I know it’s a one year sample but if Guidry works well with him and he’s up and coming in the ranks…; I don’t know how he is as a recruiter though.

I don’t question his ability to coach or mesh with Guidry.

My concern is he’s been doing it for 6yrs and has zero NFL guys on his resume. To me, that says something about his inability to identify talent.

Advertisement

My concern is he’s been doing it for 6yrs and has zero NFL guys on his resume. To me, that says something about his inability to identify talent.
You expect Marshall to churn out NFL corners? Miami has churned out exactly one starting corner in the league in about 10 years

Chevis Jackson?

Ball State DB Coach - 3yrs (2016 - 2018)
Kansas DB Coach - 3yrs (2019 - 2021)
Marshall DB Coach - 2yrs (2022 - Present)

All-time recruits:

I don’t see he’s got any NFL players on his resume.

What’s the value to Miami?
Not disagreeing and not saying he’d be my choice, but Cobee Bryant should be an nfl guy. Back to back first team all conference corner. And Evergreen is not a place that churns out talent, that was a **** good eval imo

Advertisement
You expect Marshall to churn out NFL corners? Miami has churned out exactly one starting corner in the league in about 10 years

+ I expect a coach who can identify and develop talent to have an NFL player in 6yrs of coaching. What does the school (Ball St, Marshall, of Kansas) have to do with that ability?

+ What does starting in NFL have to do with actually getting into the league? You’re conflating arguments.

My apprehension is simple: 6yrs worth of data shows he can’t identify and/or recruit talent.

The lack of recruiting is why they told Addae to take a walk.

How is this guy any different?

Micah Abraham should get drafted this year. I don't think Kansas has put a legit DB into the NFL since Talib.

Not disagreeing and not saying he’d be my choice, but Cobee Bryant should be an nfl guy. Back to back first team all conference corner. And Evergreen is not a place that churns out talent, that was a **** good eval imo

Fair enough, he’s only been doing it for 6yrs. That’s one guy though.

He’s had 6yrs to get more than one guy.

Advertisement
Back