Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

I mean why would he not lol?
Because it’s his job to recruit for the school he’s currently employed by. When you want to move up, you leverage your performance and the threat of the drop off in performance if you were to leave. But to try to squeeze UM like he did it was lame. That’s why his *** ended up at FIU than USF, he was under qualified to be here on field any way. I’m not opposed to him coming back down the line, but after he’s cut his teeth. He can kick rocks until than. Right now he has the same maturity level of the kids he recruits. The kids need a coach, not a best friend.

Why would he not? Because that’s not the way its done properly, he overplayed his leverage like an inexperienced kid. As evidenced by exhibit DVD. If he played his cards properly he’d be UMs CB coach next year. Instead he played his cards the way you would have, hence he ended up where he is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Because it’s his job to recruit for the school he’s currently employed by. When you want to move up, you leverage your performance and the threat of the drop off in performance if you were to leave. But to try to squeeze UM like he did it was lame. That’s why his *** ended up at FIU than USF, he was under qualified to be here on field any way. I’m not opposed to him coming back down the line, but after he’s cut his teeth. He can kick rocks until than. Right now he has the same maturity level of the kids he recruits. The kids need a coach, not a best friend.

Why would he not? Because that’s not the way its done properly, he overplayed his leverage like an inexperienced kid. As evidenced by exhibit DVD. If he played his cards properly he’d be UMs CB coach next year. Instead he played his cards the way you would have, hence he ended up where he is.
Pretty sure credible people said recruits were told he would get the job so for yall to act like he just tried to bully his way into the job is hilarious

Yea no **** i want a promotion at my job and i will try to get it and if they say im not qualified yet im gonna go work my way to get more qualified. How is he getting hate for that lol and he help land some of our best players like no **** a guy would want to move up thats what this business is. Yall take lil small regular business **** and put emotional thinking behind it

Advertisement
Makes sense - has a history with Guidry, young, and good pedigree. I remember him at LSU. Would love to make a run at Abdul-Rahim if Surtain is not an option before we go the "young and hungry" route.
Believe he’s currently president of the NBA G League. It’s a bold move for CB coach but may help Coach L land some more skilled big men

Dave Chappelle Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Chevis Jackson?

Ball State DB Coach - 3yrs (2016 - 2018)
Kansas DB Coach - 3yrs (2019 - 2021)
Marshall DB Coach - 2yrs (2022 - Present)

All-time recruits:

I don’t see he’s got any NFL players on his resume.

What’s the value to Miami?

It’d be a lazy hire, familiarity with Guidry is all he has. With Mario being the recruiting maniac that he is, I have a hard time seeing him sign off on this one. JMO

Advertisement
It’d be a lazy hire, familiarity with Guidry is all he has. With Mario being the recruiting maniac that he is, I have a hard time seeing him sign off on this one. JMO
Correct me if I'm wrong tho.....wasnt he under serious consideration for the LSU CB job before Raymond took it?

Advertisement
Just like FSU will be looking to poach Nicholson if our LBs thrive this year, we should be looking to poach Surtain imo.

He’s not the only option and may not even be the best option out there, but I think he’s very affordable and obviously has massive local ties. Just my two cents, we should at least shoot our shot.

And before anyone freaks out at me for the FSU comment relating to Nicholson…remember they have Randy Shannon coaching LBs and Nicholson is a former FSU player. I didn’t say he’d leave, but you’d be obtuse (and so would FSU) for not kicking the tires on a fast-rising coach/recruiter that happens to be a former player.

Last edited:
The more likely eventuality is someone like Dominique Bowman from Temple or Stanford Samuels. Both worked for Guidry.

💯

While I would love Surtain, these will most likely be the candidates.

Ryan Smith at Northwestern also coached at VT and he was highly regarded during his time at the school. He's another one who is a William&Mary alum and he also coached under Cignetti at James Madison with our new RB coach.
I have to think he is a very capable coach with the only being if he can succeed with recruiting the soFla CB Divas.

Yeah plus thinking back…is Beard the only hire Mario ever made that people actually mentioned his name before it happened? Could be wrong but the misses on names when it comes to his assistants has gotta be like 99.99%

Advertisement
Back