Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

Advertisement
+ I expect a coach who can identify and develop talent to have an NFL player in 6yrs of coaching. What does the school (Ball St, Marshall, of Kansas) have to do with that ability?

+ What does starting in NFL have to do with actually getting into the league? You’re conflating arguments.

My apprehension is simple: 6yrs worth of data shows he can’t identify and/or recruit talent.

The lack of recruiting is why they told Addae to take a walk.

How is this guy any different?

You don't know if he can recruit or not though. Some of you guys really overthink position coaches and get two invested in something you have no idea if it will work out or not. Big name coaches can fail and no name coaches can succeed, it's best to just let it play out.

Fair enough, he’s only been doing it for 6yrs. That’s one guy though.

He’s had 6yrs to get more than one guy.
He's been at 3 different school. It's not like he's been at one school for 6 straight years and never produced a NFL guy. Regardless it wouldn't mean much if he did, it's not like you can go out and hand pick blue chip DBs at Marshall. The best you can hope for is someone that was rejected by every p5 school in the country.

You don't know if he can recruit or not though. Some of you guys really overthink position coaches and get two invested in something you have no idea if it will work out or not. Big name coaches can fail and no name coaches can succeed, it's best to just let it play out.

Again, he’s got 6yrs doing this.

But ok sir.

Advertisement
He's been at 3 different school. It's not like he's been at one school for 6 straight years and never produced a NFL guy. Regardless it wouldn't mean much if he did, it's not like you can go out and hand pick blue chip DBs at Marshall. The best you can hope for is someone that was rejected by every p5 school in the country.

And he’s gotten a promotion each time.

So it’s not like he’s been recruiting for 6yrs at Ball State.

Who did he sign at Kansas this year?

Fair enough, he’s only been doing it for 6yrs. That’s one guy though.

He’s had 6yrs to get more than one guy.
Yep, and again not disagreeing. Just wanted to mention Bryant, Hillcrest is near where I went to high school and it’s good to see anyone make it out of that **** hole, and he’s been awesome at Kansas.

Advertisement
Again, he’s got 6yrs doing this.

But ok sir.
8 years

3 at Ball State
3 at Kansas
2 at Marshall

Kansas and Ball State were both in the cellar when he was there. Those schools put one 1 legit DB into the NFL maybe once every 25 years or so. I would be much more interested in how he develops his DBs based off their college accolades then if they play in the NFL or not.

Abraham got to Marshall in 2019.

That’s to say that Jackson didn’t identify his talent, but we’ll give him credit for developing him for the sake of argument.

My bad I thought you were taking about Jackson.

Advertisement
I don’t question his ability to coach or mesh with Guidry.

My concern is he’s been doing it for 6yrs and has zero NFL guys on his resume. To me, that says something about his inability to identify talent.
Unable to attract NFL caliber talent at previous stops due to them being lower level schools?

+ I expect a coach who can identify and develop talent to have an NFL player in 6yrs of coaching. What does the school (Ball St, Marshall, of Kansas) have to do with that ability?

+ What does starting in NFL have to do with actually getting into the league? You’re conflating arguments.

My apprehension is simple: 6yrs worth of data shows he can’t identify and/or recruit talent.

Starters in the NFL means that Miami is building great football teams. I don’t want a bunch of guys who might go to the league or make a roster, we want starters.

Not sure where to start with how dumb alot of this sounds.

You can identify talent all you want at those schools but it’s still a shot in the dark at them becoming an NFL player. Take a look at the programs who produce the most NFL DB’s; LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio state. They are landing 5 star DB recruits, good luck getting those to Marshall.
Again, Miami has produced one NFL starter in 10 years and you’re questioning why a guy who coached at Kansas and Marshall didn’t produce any in 6 years? Lol

Abraham got to Marshall in 2019.

That’s to say that Jackson didn’t identify his talent, but we’ll give him credit for developing him for the sake of argument.

“Identifying” talent is not a difficult task at Miami. Jackson would be recruiting 4 and 5 star players. Not trying to bring a 2 star diamond in the rough in

Advertisement
A name I wouldn't mind…One of his kids will be drafted in 2-3rd this year. Couple drafted from Wisconsin

Has worked under 2 excellent DC the last couple years and played in league for a long time. Got a ring.

Iowa State does a heck of a job getting under the radar Florida/Texas kids. Same with Wisky. TJ Tampa/Jeremiah Cooper are nice, Freyler is pretty good, and before that they had Isheem Young balling. I'll take him just so I can rub it into my father in law (big clones fan).

Iowa State does a heck of a job getting under the radar Florida/Texas kids. Same with Wisky. TJ Tampa/Jeremiah Cooper are nice, Freyler is pretty good, and before that they had Isheem Young balling. I'll take him just so I can rub it into my father in law (big clones fan).

He was only at ISU this past year, but Wisky two years before that, and they kinda do the same thing as you said.

Advertisement
Back