Jahmar Brown

"nobody is projecting him in the middle"
8dedf37fc757f82171e66e1e37b7b642.png

https://gyazo.com/8dedf37fc757f82171e66e1e37b7b642
IS LITERALLY LISTED AS AN ILB.

Meanwhile Neither Sololmon nor Huff are listed as an ILB. THe problem is you using rivals instead of 247.
seriously any of you who think 7 LBs are takes are ******* idiots.

7 takes =/= 7 spots

spots fill up.

The only guy who'd they would take no matter what seems to be Rian Davis. Otherwise, up to 5 LBs seems likely. But they're not taking both Pierre and Hopper, for example, even though both are "takes"

Advertisement
Ivins has said Manny wants Brown. He is definitely a take. Seems like Davis is the other one they want. Huff coming this weekend and there is hope he may commit. Keeping all fingers crossed.

Avery Huff is the type of LB that we’ve been losing out on and going to Free Shoes and terrorize our backfield for 3-4 years. Need his *** in this class ASAP.

7 takes =/= 7 spots

spots fill up.

The only guy who'd they would take no matter what seems to be Rian Davis. Otherwise, up to 5 LBs seems likely. But they're not taking both Pierre and Hopper, for example, even though both are "takes"
If someone doesn't have a spot how are they takes? Lol if we are not taking them, then they literally are not takes.
I get what you're saying. You're talking if they are Miami caliber, So I get that. But you're wrong.

Davis, maybe.

Eaford, **** no.

I disagree, and a guy on another board who usually is reliable agrees, Eaford is one of our top 2-3 overall lb target...I think they want Eaford and they should want Eaford, but kid just has seems like going elsewhere from jump.

Advertisement
Ivins was the one who first mentioned that either they want Hopper inside...OR he's a guy that they can see either inside or outside.

Use your own eyes. I dont think hes an inside linebacker at all. The guys tape goes from CB to DE lol
You're the one looking at what he is currently doing and making assumptions that he can't do anything else. EDGE guys in high school move inside all the time.
Secondly he's LITERALLY LISTED AS AN ILB. He has the size to be an ILB for sure. The dude is 6'3" 220lbs right now. Add another 10-20lbs on him and he's a prototypical MLB. His expereince rushing the passer and playing CB, as you say, Speak to his athleticism and blitzing/coverage skills.

Physically, I think Eaford can move inside. But does he have enough football smarts and instincts? Is he willing to take on OL when necessary? Hard to tell from his highlights.

Advertisement
Use your own eyes. I dont think hes an inside linebacker at all. The guys tape goes from CB to DE lol
Thank you!

Instincts! Those are what separate a MLB and OLB.

But b/c he may be bigger than some of our other LB commits some think he can just play the middle.

Again for the millionth time, if the guy has not lined up behind the defensive line then had to read OLinemen into the backfield and locate the ball, it is extremely rare that he will ever make a good MLB.

He has a much better chance on the outside where his speed and quick twitch will take over and his lack of LB instincts won’t get him caught up in all the mess in the middle trying to locate the ball while a Center or OG are putting him in the dirt.

Hopper is being recruited to play OLB or Striker here, definitely not MLB, I don’t care what 247 says. I trust my eyes when it comes to LBs (played it in HS) and since I started following recruiting in 2002, I am pretty much batting 100 when it comes to predicting guys who strictly rush the passer in HS not becoming good college LBs and never seen one succeed at MLB, closest would be Mike Smith and he is a career back up here.

Hopper is a bit different in that his Soph film is of him playing CB, which translates perfectly to our new Striker position, not MLB.

Thank you!

Instincts! Those are what separate a MLB and OLB.

But b/c he may be bigger than some of our other LB commits some think he can just play the middle.

Again for the millionth time, if the guy has not lined up behind the defensive line then had to read OLinemen into the backfield and locate the ball, it is extremely rare that he will ever make a good MLB.

He has a much better chance on the outside where his speed and quick twitch will take over and his lack of LB instincts won’t get him caught up in all the mess in the middle trying to locate the ball while a Center or OG are putting him in the dirt.

Hopper is being recruited to play OLB or Striker here, definitely not MLB, I don’t care what 247 says. I trust my eyes when it comes to LBs (played it in HS) and since I started following recruiting in 2002, I am pretty much batting 100 when it comes to predicting guys who strictly rush the passer in HS not becoming good college LBs and never seen one succeed at MLB, closest would be Mike Smith and he is a career back up here.

Hopper is a bit different in that his Soph film is of him playing CB, which translates perfectly to our new Striker position, not MLB.

Excellent post!

IMO

Mike only (and not all of these have offers I understand)-- D.Williams
Mike/DE-- Pierre (recruiting him as Mike), R.Davis
OLB who could get a look at Mike-- J.Brown, Eaford, Hopper. (if you ask me on all 3 of these my best guess is they all end up outside, but I think maybe could play Mike)

Obviously the last group of 3 are 3 diff players, as J.Brown needs weight, at this point looks like a will.

Advertisement
Mushroom season!
Everyone is a take.
No one is a take.
Waiting Spring evals.
Waiting on Senior film.
Wants his boy to get offered.
Not feeling the staff.
Hasn’t heard from the staff.
Definitely coming for an OV.
Hasn’t set up an OV.
Mom is on board.
Wants to stay out of trouble and go to gaysville.
Doesn’t have the grades.
Family grew up canes fans.
Cousin’s sister’s step brother’s boss graduated form UM.
Recently followed dsj on Twitter
Cane lock!!

I love recruiting!!! It’s addicting.

Did you say Mushroom season?

Go Canes!

Did you say Mushroom season?

Go Canes!
Yup.
Have you seen a mushroom farm? Your raise them
By keeping them in the dark and feeding them sh.t all day.
We have sauces and posters giving us totally opposite info.
Recruits with cryptic tweets.
Offering guys across the country. Offering and saying that the number one receiver in the country has legit interest in us while committed to the school that is dropping bags like Escobar.
Terrace Marshall also had “legit” interest.
We have a starting qb that is hanging on by c.nt hair to the job but is supposed to be head and shoulders above everyone.
We don’t offer tai but feel “strong” about some dude who’s dad coaches at Oregon and also going after Mertz.
But honestly I really do trust the staff. No joke.

Yes I feel like a mushroom.
But that’s what crootin season is.
But I love it!!!

For what it’s worth, South Carolina feels like they are getting Jahmar Brown.

Honestly, I have a hard time seeing him actually choose South Carolina if he was a take here.

Advertisement
Yup.
Offering guys across the country. Offering and saying that the number one receiver in the country has legit interest in us while committed to the school that is dropping bags like Escobar.
We have a starting qb that is hanging on by c.nt hair to the job but is supposed to be head and shoulders above everyone.
We don’t offer tai but feel “strong” about some dude who’s dad coaches at Oregon and also going after Mertz.

But I love it!!!
I don't trust this staff either and it starts with Richt... sorry CEO has to take the blame. We keep giving him passes, but I'll just have my opinion and hope he proves me wrong.

Yup.

But I love it!!!

I know mushrooms. All kinds of mushrooms...😁

Go Canes!

Mushroom season!
Everyone is a take.
No one is a take.
Waiting Spring evals.
Waiting on Senior film.
Wants his boy to get offered.
Not feeling the staff.
Hasn’t heard from the staff.
Definitely coming for an OV.
Hasn’t set up an OV.
Mom is on board.
Wants to stay out of trouble and go to gaysville.
Doesn’t have the grades.
Family grew up canes fans.
Cousin’s sister’s step brother’s boss graduated form UM.
Recently followed dsj on Twitter
Cane lock!!

I love recruiting!!! It’s addicting.

This is my personally top 10 post of all time.

It goes down just like this every year verbatim.

Advertisement
Back