Jahmar Brown

Advertisement
Brown isn't a MLB. They want a MLB in this class. If it's not Pierre seems like they'll push for Hopper.

They want 1 more OLB, and by all reports, Huff is their guy. Do people really have a problem with taking huff over Brown? I mean, I'd hope not but people are literally melting down over FSU/Clemson having a good recruiting weekend

Rian Davis is a guy they just want. He's an animal and possible 5* who could play anywhere in the front 7 except DT. You recruit a guy like that regardless
BS. If Brown is ready to commit you take him. F the only MLB bs we all know this kids can all play everywhere. We have this staff on the highest of pedestals when in reality they could be making mistakes. South Florida isnt Georgia when local kids see that you are regecting highly rated talent they gonna hold that against you. This kid can play its not like we would be taking him as a favor to anyone but ourselves.

We can easily fit in 7 dl, 4 lb, and 6 db. Easily.
Trust me, we not taking anywhere near that number. If we was, Couch and Davis would have been comitted to us. We dont have space to take that many hence why we are waiting for the top of the board guys Dent, Tyrique, Steele, Richards..

There is a chance Brown can play the middle too...I would guess Will. But I believe his game may translate to the middle. Plays Middle for STA with Solomon and Huff on outside correct?

Obv needs 15-20 lbs for will and you would think more than that for middle.

Last edited:
Figuring out who is & is not a take has become something of a riddle. Although.. I'm not too upset about any particular recruit not being a take so far. We read all these stories on 247 or rivals talking about our coaches recruiting a guy & talking to him every day. Then, when he sets a commitment date, we find out the guy isn't a take. Lol I swear, at this rate we'll hear is Michael Johnson Jr is not a take.

Advertisement
And some people on here still think we can take 5 dbs smh lmao how you gon take 4-5 LB 6-7 DL and 5 DBs?

I think it’s 15 guys on D. 6 DL is prob minimum. I think 4 LBs is tops, not sure 5 is realistic or necessary. 4 DBs and an ATH a la richards is not out of the realm of possibilities. We lose 4 DBs after this year dont see how we don’t take that at least.

I want a LB class of the following:

Jessiah Pierre
Anthony Solomon
Sam Brooks
Avery Huff

With a 5th only if it is LB/WDE Rian Davis or OLB Tyron Hopper (who I definitely do not see as a MLB, but may be able to play Striker with his ability to play CB)

Brown would be a great pick up after all those guys IMO.

Nothing against Brown, he is a great player and in any other year would be at the top of the board, but this is the best LB class I've seen down here in years, and the guys we have ahead of him are elite.

Some are already trying to downplay Pierre b/c our coaches may be slow playing him, and he may end up a ****, but IMO he is the best true MLB (which are rare) in FL this year, and I will be ****ed to lose him.

Advertisement
Figuring out who is & is not a take has become something of a riddle. Although.. I'm not too upset about any particular recruit not being a take so far. We read all these stories on 247 or rivals talking about our coaches recruiting a guy & talking to him every day. Then, when he sets a commitment date, we find out the guy isn't a take. Lol I swear, at this rate we'll hear is Michael Johnson Jr is not a take.
exactly this is what doesn't make sense. We **** on the gators for saying the same thing about "he wasn't a take" "we cooled on him". We are just getting beat on some of these croots and thats fine but don't come with that he wasn't a take bs

I sure hope you and Geo know what you're doing and your sources are right about who is and who isn't "takes" for Miami at this time. Just seems like all of the sudden people inside of Miami's program started talking a lot.

You better start being sure people are and aren't takes before putting it out there. Young writers getting played by people with agendas isn't a far fetched scenario

We got 3 Lbers committed already... do the math.

If you think we got beat out for Sam Howell, Mellusi, Couch and Taisun, then you really don't follow this very well.

Ladson definitely hurt, Lucas not as much (haven't expected him in the class for a few months now, but we wanted him), and I really don't know if Green could commit to us yet (like the others, we have priorities ahead of them and we are waiting to see how that shakes out first).

Howell and Taison have MJ Jr ahead of them.

Couch and Green have Sanguinetti, Dixon, and Stevenson ahead of them.

Mellusi has Sanders, McIntosh, Richards and Cain and maybe one or 2 more ahead of him.

Last edited:
I want a LB class of the following:

Jessiah Pierre
Anthony Solomon
Sam Brooks
Avery Huff

With a 5th only if it is LB/WDE Rian Davis or OLB Tyron Hopper (who I definitely do not see as a MLB, but may be able to play Striker with his ability to play CB)

Brown would be a great pick up after all those guys IMO.

Nothing against Brown, he is a great player and in any other year would be at the top of the board, but this is the best LB class I've seen down here in years, and the guys we have ahead of him are elite.

Some are already trying to downplay Pierre b/c our coaches may be slow playing him, and he may end up a ****, but IMO he is the best true MLB (which are rare) in FL this year, and I will be ****ed to lose him.

This 100%

And my guess is this is the staffs thinking as well

Advertisement
Our staff doesn't have "leaks" like this, now all of the sudden guys, who didn't appear for the last few months to have any real sources inside the "building," are getting info on who is and who isn't takes? Color me skeptical is all.

The Brown thing just doesn't make sense. A highly rated kid out a local powerhouse that we have recruited pretty hard over the last few months isn't a take all of the sudden? I mean jerk around a senior and friend of a few kids you're trying to land?

It may be true, but it just doesn't add up or make sense.
So stop reading the site and run off. You want info or not? You think he's coming making stuff up to have no credibility? The last guy wrote once a month if lucky and missed like crazy.... enjoy the ******* content and stuff crying

Advertisement
So stop reading the site and run off. You want info or not? You think he's coming making stuff up to have no credibility? The last guy wrote once a month if lucky and missed like crazy.... enjoy the ******* content and stuff crying

Read what i wrote. I didn't say he was making things up, i am saying that we have writers that all of the sudden have all of these sources that are saying kids aren't take and our writers are putting it out there like its fact. Did our writers verify their sources or information? Did they fact check it before they put it out there for everyone to read? It's been proven over and over that kids and people involved in their recruitment stalk fan boards all of the time so putting out info like this could have negative impacts on our efforts.

Stefan clear as day said UM officials so now it looks like UM doesn't want Brown at this time. Why put that out there? If Pete taught us anything it's that crootin is fluid and the facts on the ground today are vastly different tomorrow. I just feel like more caution should be observed when throwing **** out there like xyz is not a take at this time. I could care less about content if its wrong or isn't helping produce the results we need.

How many 6'0 190 pd linebackers do you guys want?. His chance may have exited with his teammate committing...unless we start losing other lbs.

How many 6'0 190 pd linebackers do you guys want?. His chance may have exited with his teammate committing...unless we start losing other lbs.

Agreed. We got the alpha of the 6'0 190 club with Solomon. Bring me Huff to go along with Brooks, Pierre, and Solomon.

Mushroom season!
Everyone is a take.
No one is a take.
Waiting Spring evals.
Waiting on Senior film.
Wants his boy to get offered.
Not feeling the staff.
Hasn’t heard from the staff.
Definitely coming for an OV.
Hasn’t set up an OV.
Mom is on board.
Wants to stay out of trouble and go to gaysville.
Doesn’t have the grades.
Family grew up canes fans.
Cousin’s sister’s step brother’s boss graduated form UM.
Recently followed dsj on Twitter
Cane lock!!

I love recruiting!!! It’s addicting.

You forgot:
Releasing top 37 list next Monday at 3am.

Advertisement
Back