Jahfari Harvey to the portal per Navarro

Well thats not dead weight leaving, wish him the best
Wayne was coming for that spot. These guys know what’s up. I said at the beginning of the year that either Harvey or Chantz had to portal out because we got some young talent coming for those DE spots and we need those reps. Looks like Harvey was the first to jump.

Advertisement
Shame but I get it. There are two types of portals…guys who aren’t very good and shouldn’t be on this team and backup rotational guys that are upperclassmen and won’t be starters here but want to be starters elsewhere. I hope the latter aren’t too many but I could see that number being significant.

Advertisement
Surprised by this, he got a lot of PT this year

Because of injuries. When Kelly Meador and Bain return plus incoming freshman and maybe portal it makes sense why this guy doesn’t want to stick around for his last year splitting wraps when he can go to a small school and get as many wraps as possible to try to make an NFL roster.

Advertisement
He has been a solid player/starter here. DL is a grown man's game, wouldn't mind him putting his extra year to work here but I get it. I think he will have decent P5 options.

Thought it was a really good season for him, i thought he would enter the draft tbh but either way i hope he does well wherever he decides to go.

Enter the draft? It’s amazing how many people on this board have lost sight of what true NFL talent looks like because it’s been so long that Miami has been stacked with it. Harvey would be lucky to make the CFL.

IMO this is the year we finally see the full ramifications of the free COVID year.

There are going to be SO MANY, literally hundreds and hundreds, of kids just like this who are going to be looking for a home. And many are not going to find one. You’re stuffing 6-7 years of players into 85 man roster boxes. There’s just not enough room. It’s just simple math.

Advertisement
IMO this is the year we finally see the full ramifications of the free COVID year.

There are going to be SO MANY, literally hundreds and hundreds, of kids just like this who are going to be looking for a home. And many are not going to find one. You’re stuffing 6-7 years of players into 85 man roster boxes. There’s just not enough room. It’s just simple math.

There is always a roster spot available for football players. It may be taking an opportunity at a school playing in a lower division, so I don't buy the argument about some unfortunate players be left out.
Having said this, I hate this current situation of mass transfers.

Advertisement
I fully expect him to retract his entry.
You don't think he'd find full playing time at a lesser school and jump at that?

I'd love him to stay here and be 2nd team next year.

Those are his choices most likely.

Also, he may not be welcome back. Mario wants to make room for his players I'm sure.

Attachments

• IMG_4847.jpeg
    IMG_4847.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Back