Jahfari Harvey announcing tommorow

I’ll trust the staff in this one. I’m not seeing anything too special with this take, but we do need the numbers in this class since Kool sucked at recruiting. Might develop into a nice rotational player down the line.

If he was a 4*, I'm sure you wouldn't say this. Seriously, it's hilarious to be back and look at the Rousseau, McIntosh, and Garvin threads and see opinions like this.

This kid tested better at combines than Bogle, had a great year last year, and blew up this Spring. 247 just said they thought he was one of the most underrated players in the 2019 class.

Advertisement
Guys watching his film need to realize he was only a still developing junior. Like most high schoolers, he is still growing and developing into a better athlete. I'll take a guy like him all day. He has a frame to get bigger....he's fast for his size, and he has played multiple positions. Because his recruitment hasn't blown up yet..it might his senior year...it's less drama. He may not be a 5 star that is listed at 6'5 240....but this is the type of player you can bring in and develop. I hope he has a kick *** and healthy senior year.

Go 'Canes

As the tape went on to each game it seemed like he got better.

Also I saw alot of good read and react plays from him. Could be a good fit at MLB with his size.

That is exactly what I thought months back when we first started talking to him. I know he's a strong pass rusher. But he's got exceptional read skills and swims well in traffic. I hope they at least try him out at MLB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There is no bigger star ***** than me, but if you say you don't know how this kid is a take then I know for sure you only looked at his ranking and nothing else. If you watched his film or even went to his profile you'd understand.

Watch the film. The kid is fluid as ****. Somebody on this thread said something about MLB. Not a chance. This is a mini Greg Rousseau type player. Look at his athleticism. Look at his bend, his fluidity in running, his explosion coming off the ball. This is a 240lb edge rusher in 2 years who can cause problems for an offense.

And if you're not sold, cool. Kirby Smart is. So is Don Brown at Michigan. And Kevin Patrick at NC State. That Mario Cristobal guy at Oregon recruits Florida well, no? Well, they all think this kid is a player and have offered in the last month. Now he gets to step up a level in competition and get coached up by a former NFL draft pick? Yeah. Give me this kid now.

Advertisement
There is no bigger star ***** than me, but if you say you don't know how this kid is a take then I know for sure you only looked at his ranking and nothing else. If you watched his film or even went to his profile you'd understand.

Watch the film. The kid is fluid as ****. Somebody on this thread said something about MLB. Not a chance. This is a mini Greg Rousseau type player. Look at his athleticism. Look at his bend, his fluidity in running, his explosion coming off the ball. This is a 240lb edge rusher in 2 years who can cause problems for an offense.

And if you're not sold, cool. Kirby Smart is. So is Don Brown at Michigan. And Kevin Patrick at NC State. That Mario Cristobal guy at Oregon recruits Florida well, no? Well, they all think this kid is a player and have offered in the last month. Now he gets to step up a level in competition and get coached up by a former NFL draft pick? Yeah. Give me this kid now.

To be fair, I think they said he "could" be a MLB because he shows the ability to read and react. Which makes some sense. Most H.S. DEs have difficulty converting to LB because they don't have read and react ability.

But yes, in all likelihood, he will be a DE (hopefully for us!).

To be fair, I think they said he "could" be a MLB because he shows the ability to read and react. Which makes some sense. Most H.S. DEs have difficulty converting to LB because they don't have read and react ability.

But yes, in all likelihood, he will be a DE (hopefully for us!).

Just saying edge rushers have specific attributes which are not incredibly common, and they're far more valuable than middle backers. The days of building a defense around Mike Singletary are over. Don't take this as me saying a MLB is irrelevant or anything, just that there's a reason Jadeveon Clowney goes 1st overall and MLBs don't. There is literally nothing that makes a defense effective more than being able to rush the passer with 4. If you can find a difference maker on the edge, that's where he plays. This kid is athletic as **** and will easily be 240 in a year or two. He's got a frame to easily pack on good weight. I love his film.

Combo, you captured my opinion. I'm not saying he couldn't be a great DE.i'm saying he has skills that could make him a great MLB which are very hard to find in combination with a guy with his acceleration. Could be extremely disruptive INSIDE, not just outside. And I don't yet see anyone (else) who can take over Shaq's role on this team. That's all. ... I'm happy he's coming on board either way.

Advertisement
OBM, with spread and read option, edge rushers can get frozen out of plays. Inside disruption is becoming equally important, IMO. I think the MLB has come back into prominence as a result. Game constantly evolves.

Holy **** this kid is unreal particularly for a 3*. The agility, flexibility and closing burst are special. I agree with the posts floating the idea of MLB for this kid. He has the ideal physical traits for that MLB "thumper" everyone has been pining for. That's a perfect fit paired with the versatility and athleticism of Huff & Solomon on the outside. If he gets too big then best-case scenario he could develop into a Brandon Graham type at DE.

OBM, with spread and read option, edge rushers can get frozen out of plays. Inside disruption is becoming equally important, IMO. I think the MLB has come back into prominence as a result. Game constantly evolves.

Yeah I think he was talking about the NFL. In college an elite LB like Roquan Smith can have a way bigger impact than any DL. Quick horizontal passing game and outside runs can eliminate DL from plays.

If he was a 4*, I'm sure you wouldn't say this. Seriously, it's hilarious to be back and look at the Rousseau, McIntosh, and Garvin threads and see opinions like this.

This kid tested better at combines than Bogle, had a great year last year, and blew up this Spring. 247 just said they thought he was one of the most underrated players in the 2019 class.
This kid is explosive, leverages well, and closing speed is excellent. This kid is a player, bottom line. I'm wondering if he will play MLB....

Advertisement
Back