Jaelan Phillips - Then and Now

Having dudes like that stay for 1 more year is the next step in joining the playoff club. Ending the culture of leaving early even if you’re a day 1 pick is what’s been keeping bama and Clemson on top.
especially lineman. Skill positions are relatively easy to replace if your a top team. Dominant line players not so much.
Actually, I think the “next step” is to get the all the UFAs to stay for their senior year. Then, maybe we can get the 7th rounders to stay too. We are a long way from getting first rounders to come back.

Advertisement
Actually, I think the “next step” is to get the all the UFAs to stay for their senior year. Then, maybe we can get the 7th rounders to stay too. We are a long way from getting first rounders to come back.
Correct. But we were supposed to be a long way from landing a dude like king and Phillips and Bubba, and knight in and Chaney not to mention Williams. So if we’re getting playoff caliber players then we should be doing playoff caliber things .

Lawrence may have seen it all.
But I heard he basically has new OL protecting him though. IT all depends on how good they are at protecting him.
Wonder if they block as well as FIU where we got like no sacks. let’s calm down on talking **** about sunshine

Correct. But we were supposed to be a long way from landing a dude like king and Phillips and Bubba, and knight in and Chaney not to mention Williams. So if we’re getting playoff caliber players then we should be doing playoff caliber things .
Yep, we got a few players who are very good. Bama, Georgia, and Clemson get 20 guys like that per year. They are stacked from top to bottom with bluechip athletes. Right now, we look like that at DE and TE. When the rest of the team looks like that we’ll be ”playoff caliber”.

Advertisement
Yep, we got a few players who are very good. Bama, Georgia, and Clemson get 20 guys like that per year. They are stacked from top to bottom with bluechip athletes. Right now, we look like that at DE and TE. When the rest of the team looks like that we’ll be ”playoff caliber”.
Honestly I don’t think we’re as far away as people think. We have a good season and some dudes stay and next years team has potential to be very very good and if our season goes well with the new class the ceiling is pretty high imo

He looked like a first rounder when I saw him in spring. Small sample, but if you took a random fan to Greentree they would spot him in five seconds.

He stands out physically, athletically and energy-wise.

Where is he at with his degree? That seems really important to him. But with his injury history if he is guaranteed first rounder not sure how you could turn down that money.

I remember watching him as a true freshmans at UCLA, and, while he didn’t always look like he knew what he was doing, he did it at 1000 mph.

He was one of those rare players who jumps off the screen. He looked bigger and faster and better than all the other players, and his effort level was very high. Definitely didn’t look out of place as the number one recruit in the country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ACC Olinemen are going to lose their mind having to battle against Roche, Rousseau and then this beast of a man Phillips coming on to the field trying to prove he is even better than those guys.

I expect a lot of QBs to be covered in grass stains and blood.
Don't forget Harvey, crazy pass-rushing depth on the DL.

Honestly I don’t think we’re as far away as people think. We have a good season and some dudes stay and next years team has potential to be very very good and if our season goes well with the new class the ceiling is pretty high imo
So, you’re saying there’s a chance...

Advertisement
Back