Jaelan Phillips-5 Star UCLA transfer

I mean how many times has a #1 overall recruit been a bust? Probably extremely rare . Dude will excel in this defense

It is rare, but the kid Roland Powell that went to UF comes to mind. Mario Edwards for FSU too. Edwards was better than Powell but not good enough for the top overall player.

Advertisement
vhj.JPG

Looks like folks are jumping the gun or they have inside info.

Jaelan Phillips
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jaelan PhillipsMiami Hurricanes Position Defensive endClass SophomoreCareer history College
Bowl games
High school Redlands (CA) East ValleyPersonal information Born: May 28, 1999 (age 19)
Redlands, CaliforniaHeight 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)Weight 255 lb (116 kg)Career highlights and awards
  • USA Today All-American (2016)

Jaelan Everett Phillips (born May 28, 1999) is an American football defensive end who last played college football for the UCLA Bruins. On December 15, 2018, a UCLA spokesperson stated that Phillips would medically retire after suffering from multiple injuries during his Sophomore season. Jaelan transferred to Miami on January 22nd.[1][2][3]

Well if you follow his Twitter likes you would think he's already in Miami dude looks like he's all cane

Advertisement
Looks like folks are jumping the gun or they have inside info.

Jaelan Phillips
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jaelan PhillipsMiami Hurricanes Position Defensive endClass SophomoreCareer history College
Bowl games
High school Redlands (CA) East ValleyPersonal information Born: May 28, 1999 (age 19)
Redlands, CaliforniaHeight 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)Weight 255 lb (116 kg)Career highlights and awards
  • USA Today All-American (2016)

Jaelan Everett Phillips (born May 28, 1999) is an American football defensive end who last played college football for the UCLA Bruins. On December 15, 2018, a UCLA spokesperson stated that Phillips would medically retire after suffering from multiple injuries during his Sophomore season. Jaelan transferred to Miami on January 22nd.[1][2][3]

Anyone can go into Wikipedia and edit a page, they said Fedora was our Offensive Coordinator, means nothing

Is he medically cleared to play?
Not trying to cause a conflict, but do we have any evidence that he was declared medically ineligible? I’ve seen several things that said his season was over, but nothing reported that says his career was.

Advertisement
Ok I’ll give Edmonds and vandy..Id say they are outliers tho..but i don’t think this kid is a MLB. Edge rush
He runs a 4.6, which I think was the same as Edmunds at the combine. He probably lines up at DE here, but I'm sure he can play at a few spots. This kid is a legit talent and would love to snag him off the portal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I sure hope you're right. I'm just not remotely holding my breath.

A VERY questionable argument for a kid at Miami of all places vs the NCAA. Yeah. I'm preparing like this kid will be in street clothes all year and will do a backflip if somehow, someway we get lucky. But it's Miami vs the NCAA at the end of the day. Good luck.

Grimes left OSU* reportedly because Smith called him a "b*tch *as n****a".

Just because Tathan is white doesn't mean he can't be bothered by that in the same way Grimes was.

Advertisement
Back