Jaelan Phillips-5 Star UCLA transfer

Advertisement
I would take him AND Hill and forget about Bogle honestly. This kid at worst gives us what Patchan does. I think he is better than Patchan who i like as well.

When guys like this are available..like Hill and him...you HAVE to get involved. Even if he has to sit a year im good with it allows him to heal up and add weight.

Last edited:
There isn’t a debate. He’s good enough to play here if he wants to. He was the number 1 player in his class and was getting burn as a true frosh.

Advertisement
The first article i found on him is of him retiring from football due to injuries so he might be transferring if UCLA didn't clear him.

Take a flier on him, let him get healthy this year while he sits from transferring and hope he can compete in 2020.

I would take him AND Hill and forget about Bogle honestly. This kid at worst gives us what Patchan does. I think he is better than Patchan who i like as well.

When guys like this are available..like Hill and him...you HAVE to get involved. Even if he has to sit a year im good with it allows him to heal up and add weight.

Right! Stack chips.

Advertisement
Could he play WLB in nickel? I don't think Pickney is that dude. I thought Wilder could be but he's been injured. Would like to see someone with range come in on passing downs

He has to have a certain mentality if he wants to play at The U. He has to be a dawg. Either he doesn't have the passion to play this game, or this is another case of Chip Kelly and his crew mishandling players. If it's the latter bring him in and let him compete.

Most recent follows...

Clearly has interest!

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 4.58.26 PM.png

Advertisement
6'5 255lbs is a Strong Side DE all day, even if he has to sit out this season, for 2020 you get a 5-star DE heading into his 4th year in college & a day 1 ready physically gifted kid that would probably get up to 270lbs in our S&C program.

Kid is from Redlands CA about an hour from LA, if he doesn't want to stay in Cali & go to USC or something, we gotta contact the kid & gauge his interest in playing for us.

Have Tate, Brevin, Bubba & the UCLA DT we're after all get in touch with this kid & see what's up.

If Jaelen Phillips' brain isn't scrambled eggs at this point, I 100% agree with this take. I'd take Bogle, too. Scrape a few of the roster barnacles off the bottom of the roster between now and February and tell'em to hit the bricks to make room.

Just get whoever you can right now, especially on the DL. Figure out roster scaffolding later.

Advertisement
Bring in as many gifted pass rushers as possible. They are a precious commodity.

One thing about the Portal is that you get a built-in redshirt. This guy will be 22-years-old, acclimated and hungry by the time he hits the field in 2020.

Advertisement
Back