Jaelan philips putting on weight

Considering his injury history if he plays to projections then he's likely a one and done
I mean probably not but I’ve seen stranger things happen with the football players here. Aka Tommy Streeter who thought one good year was enough.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does anybody know whether Phillips will:

* be in full contact on our scout this year ( like Gerald Willis was), or
* truly take the year off from all contact focusing on rehab, strength and conditioning.

I haven’t been able to find any clear answer to this question. Thanks.

Advertisement
Before injury, etc. he was power cleaning 345 and dead lifting 600+. The S&C here will have him past those numbers for next year.

Advertisement
I’m excited for this dude but I can’t even stress how little it matters to gain 17lbs in 3 weeks

Why do so many people keep saying he and Rousseau like Garvin won't be here. Y'all do that so much about guys like y'all don't want them here.

Advertisement
With Patchan coming back for a 6th year I'm just gonna prepare myself now for next year when the "Phillips took a step back in Fall camp" reports come & Patch being listed as a starter lol.

Clowneyish highlights.

Returned punts too? Good night. Smh

Clowneyish is right. Not a conventional edge rusher but he can be disruptive from any alignment with his length and athleticism. Patchan, Phillips, Rousseau, Ford, Miller and Silvera is a nasty run D front at minimum. Flowe would be the cherry on top.

Ted Hendricks !!! The greatest DE in The U's history; a member of The U's, College Football, and NFL HOFs. Also, he was named one of the 100 greatest professional football players (#75) of all time.
I'm pretty sure he meant both sides combined, not just JP by himself.

I think that’s possible but hard to believe he will need that 6th year tbh.
If he gets the sixth year, he will need it. He will have to miss his 4th and 5th years due to documented medical issues in order to qualify for the rare sixth year. In that case, he will need that sixth year because he wont have enough film to show the NFL. If he balls out the way we expect next year, I don’t think he will even stay for his 5th year.

Advertisement
Back