Jadon Haselwood decommits from Georgia

Advertisement
Auburn offense isn't suited for an elite wr and gus might be gone if they get embarrassed by bama. I don't think Aub is a threat. Oklahoma on the other hand slings it all over the field

Auburn offense isn't suited for an elite wr and gus might be gone if they get embarrassed by bama. I don't think Aub is a threat. Oklahoma on the other hand slings it all over the field

Agree but Oklahoma has also one 5 stars and two 4 stars stud WR already committed.

(NOTE: Have a good offense actually helps in recruiting and to win games)

Advertisement
Feel like we had a good shot but then we decided to throw Rosier back out there and the offense has gone flat. Hard to believe this kid comes here with the way the offense looks. Run, run, pass three and out about 6 times a game. No sane decent recruit would sign up for that. if richt would overhaul the offense I can see kids like Haselwood coming here but until then I don't see it. Also, even if we do having some coaching changes this winter how will he feel choosing an offense he hasn't seen yet? Too many question marks right now. I say either Oklahoma or just recommitting to Georgia. Really hope I'm wrong just putting my 2 cents out there.
WTH DOES ROSIER MATTER???? HE WONT BE HERE GOSHHHHHH YOU GUYS ARE FRUSTRATING

How good is this kid? I watched some of his highlights, and it appears he has nice size, good hands and body control. However, he does not look very fast or quick. Maybe he has deceptive speed b/c of his long strides? Do you think he is accurately rated or over/under rated? I'm not expert and realize it's always comparing Apples to Apples b/c of competition but I was much more impressed by Ahmond Richards' film than Hazelwoon's. Hope the kid signs here but not getting my hopes up.

How good is this kid? I watched some of his highlights, and it appears he has nice size, good hands and body control. However, he does not look very fast or quick. Maybe he has deceptive speed b/c of his long strides? Do you think he is accurately rated or over/under rated? I'm not expert and realize it's always comparing Apples to Apples b/c of competition but I was much more impressed by Ahmond Richards' film than Hazelwoon's. Hope the kid signs here but not getting my hopes up.

He's an absolute moster. Body control is huge. We have tall receivers who don't know how to use their body. We NEED a guy who can. And he does it at an elite level. He may not be Jeff Thomas fast. Or even Mark Pope fast. But he's still fast for what he does & is. And he can create separation. Dude may not be a sprinter, but he's a first down waiting to be thrown to.

Advertisement
He's an absolute moster. Body control is huge. We have tall receivers who don't know how to use their body. We NEED a guy who can. And he does it at an elite level. He may not be Jeff Thomas fast. Or even Mark Pope fast. But he's still fast for what he does & is. And he can create separation. Dude may not be a sprinter, but he's a first down waiting to be thrown to.

And he catches EVERYTHING anywhere near him.

Here’s the thing with Oklahoma, when an elite WR such as Haselwood says he wants to go to a school that throws the ball, my assumption is that he’s referring to factors such as passing attempts by a team and deep shots/Big passing plays. those factors play into why he decommited from UGA seeing as how UGA is 27th in rushing but not top 50 in most passing statistics, they also play ultra conservative. Oklahoma is a school that certainly passes the ball however you have to factor in scheme into this, he’s modeling himself after AJ green, a receiver who played in a pro-style offense in college which meant that his game would easily be transmissible to the league, there’s still a stigma of Oklahoma players putting up video game numbers in college that isn’t transmissible when they venture into the league. Oklahoma is also 12th in rushing offense higher than UGA 27th and Miami 53rd but their rushing attempts are low so that balances out, Miami averages more passing attempts than Oklahoma even in this vanilla offense, but Oklahoma averages more passing yards per game because of their video game like offense and because they’re in the big12, all in all what works in our favor is that CMR coached AJ green, and that Dugans is one of the best receiver coaches in the Nation, our pro-style offense offers him the most successful route to the league even though our play calling is atrocious, if we get an OC it’ll speak volumes on the level and potential we would have on the offensive side of the ball.

Thanks for the info. hope he signed here.. We need all the help we can get. I just wasn’t sure how good he really is.. it seems some people are talking like he a once in every 10 year player.

Advertisement
Just to be clear, I was referring to Haselwood, not Fields. But who knows.
Based on them not throwing the ball effectively and would be better with Fields? Possibly, but because of a friendship or something? I don't see that, they aren't best friends or anything like that.

OU will see their star QB leaving at seasons end to go to MLB. Not sure if Austin Kendall is as talented as Murray and Mayfield.
AUB will have a new coach if they drop another game or 2.
UGA is keeping Fromm but likely to drop 1-2 more games.
Miami has 2 freshmen QB but isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. Many may not like this but WR is actually an issue for us. Cager=hurt/drops, Richards=retired, JT hurt/smaller, Pope=freshman/small/not a great blocker, Hightower=freshman/hurt, Njoku=hurt, Wiggins=freshman/drops, Langham=langham, Harley smaller.

We need some big time WR help and Payton/Haselwood are needed. Not trying to hate on our guys but we need them both.

Thanks for the info. hope he signed here.. We need all the help we can get. I just wasn’t sure how good he really is.. it seems some people are talking like he a once in every 10 year player.

Yeah there's been people saying dude is talented enough to jump straight to the league. I roll my eyes at that one. Nothing against him but that's a little much.

I was fortunate enough to see Jadeveon Clowney in high school. That guy was the rare unanimous #1 overall recruit. Had a college ready body at 17. And even though he still eventually went #1 overall I dont think he could've made that leap either.

But Jadon is so talented that he'll probably still go in the first round no matter where he signs. Must get for everyone in the running!

Advertisement
Yeup. Cheney would be a great alternative to ingraham. I said it in another thread but ingraham never took an OV to Miami. We were his leader for 5+ months. Any competent staff could get him to take a December OV
He just decommitted from bama, need to try and get him to visit soon since he’s enrolling early and we need dts

Advertisement
Back