Jadon Haselwood decommits from Georgia

I’ll gladly say bye bye Pope and hello Haselwood and Payton.

From Ezzard’s HS coach who I’ve gotten close to from recruiting SHS from 2016-2018 classes (I gave up coaching this year though) he says he’s unhappy with the way his freshman year went/has gone but knows that he wasn’t ready to play right off the bat going in during the summer and would be shocked if he left. That’s not who he is. But the biggest problem he has had is Cager, Langham, and Wiggins suck and he still got no opportunities.
I can attest to this and I have heard the same thing from someone who’s down here so it must be true. The only difference is that this source didn’t seem like they would be surprised if he did leave.

Advertisement
I’ll gladly say bye bye Pope and hello Haselwood and Payton.

From Ezzard’s HS coach who I’ve gotten close to from recruiting SHS from 2016-2018 classes (I gave up coaching this year though) he says he’s unhappy with the way his freshman year went/has gone but knows that he wasn’t ready to play right off the bat going in during the summer and would be shocked if he left. That’s not who he is. But the biggest problem he has had is Cager, Langham, and Wiggins suck and he still got no opportunities.
Wiggins is going to be good. Did ezzard know the playbook?

Wiggins will be good but he doesn’t feel that he’s as far off as it seems based on playing time. Basically doesn’t know the FULL playbook... as we’ve criticized Richt before... doesn’t find specific packages for our players. You must know the entire playbook or else. Same situation as Pope. But apparently around the bye week Ezzard felt he was ready and the opportunities didn’t come and the losses kept coming and there was nothing to lose. Says he’s not a quitter and trusts Dugans. We’ll see what happens.

From experience.. if players are gonna transfer, their 3rd party resource to reach out to other schools and get a vibe is the HS head coach. He hasn’t done any of that yet.

Wiggins will be good but he doesn’t feel that he’s as far off as it seems based on playing time. Basically doesn’t know the FULL playbook... as we’ve criticized Richt before... doesn’t find specific packages for our players. You must know the entire playbook or else. Same situation as Pope. But apparently around the bye week Ezzard felt he was ready and the opportunities didn’t come and the losses kept coming and there was nothing to lose. Says he’s not a quitter and trusts Dugans. We’ll see what happens.

From experience.. if players are gonna transfer, their 3rd party resource to reach out to other schools and get a vibe is the HS head coach. He hasn’t done any of that yet.
We will see with Wiggins, he has gotten tons of playing time and outside of a couple plays against FSU, he has not popped and has dropped a bunch of balls. I can understand why others may feel some type of way about not playing.

I agree Wiggins is going to be a stud. I think it was some freshman jitters for him. I hope ezzard doesn’t transfer cause he is a physical specimen and fits the role of a Dugans type wr when fully developed.

Advertisement
The best way to keep guys from transferring is to put teams away by the 3rd qtr and let all the freshmen close the games out.Our problem is we've been in a dogfight in most of our games and the starters play all game.Also Richt when he has a 2 score lead he gets conservative and tries to run the game out unlike savages like Saban and Dabo who are up by 40 and are still throwing deep balls when the youngsters are in.

Advertisement
I think Ezzard and Hightower will end up being the true gems in the wide receiver room when it’s all said and done. Obviously I’m assuming they get put in positions to succeed

The best way to keep guys from transferring is to put teams away by the 3rd qtr and let all the freshmen close the games out.Our problem is we've been in a dogfight in most of our games and the starters play all game.Also Richt when he has a 2 score lead he gets conservative and tries to run the game out unlike savages like Saban and Dabo who are up by 40 and are still throwing deep balls when the youngsters are in.
Richt does a disservice to the growth of the young skill players and Perry by just running the clock out if we have a substantial lead in the 4th with a lot of clock, get the receivers some work because our passing game hasn’t been clicking on all cylinders this season. It’s dumbfounding of why he would do that to close out the Toledo and va tech games

Last edited:
I dont wanna overstate his importance, but landing Haselwood would b monumental. He would immediately, in my opinion, step in as our true number one receiver next season and b a real terror for the opposing defense. Im not some film junkie but from what Ive seen of his, he appears to be a generational type of talent. Since the Neal ship appears to have sailed, I view Haselwood as the most important recruit left on our board.

I dont wanna overstate his importance, but landing Haselwood would b monumental. He would immediately, in my opinion, step in as our true number one receiver next season and b a real terror for the opposing defense. Im not some film junkie but from what Ive seen of his, he appears to be a generational type of talent. Since the Neal ship appears to have sailed, I view Haselwood as the most important recruit left on our board.

You are right but I guarantee you Cager gets more snaps next year because Mork.

Advertisement
Jaden reps The U all the time but even on his OV to FSU I didn't see a single pic of him in Fsu gear (minus the obligatory uniform dress up) 🤣🤣🤣 dude has gotta be a CANE if he refused to put that nasty Fsu hoodie on

Attachments

• IMG_20181118_191121.jpg
    IMG_20181118_191121.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 178
Richt does a disservice to the growth of the young skill players and Perry by just running the clock out if we have a substantial lead in the 4th with a lot of clock, get the receivers some work because our passing game hasn’t been clicking on all cylinders this season. It’s dumbfounding of why he woudl do that to close out the Toledo and va tech games

It's the crap that was normal 20+ years ago. The man is stuck in the past. Smh

Advertisement
You are right but I guarantee you Cager gets more snaps next year because Mork.
I think one of the reasons he is interested is because the staff has basically said he would be "the guy". The whole situation with Ahhmon went public when he was on his OV. Ivins said in his post visit write up that the opportunity here because of that was not lost on JH and his family...

I think one of the reasons he is interested is because the staff has basically said he would be "the guy". The whole situation with Ahhmon went public when he was on his OV. Ivins said in his post visit write up that the opportunity here because of that was not lost on JH and his family...

I don’t doubt for one second the staff told him that. It takes this staff a good 50-75% of the season to figure out who their best players are and implement them.

To me the Ahmmon news really shouldn't have affected Haselwood. Had he stayed healthy, he likely wasn't coming back for his senior season anyway. Having said that, if Richt lands Haselwood, he better be starting because we know that outside of Jeff Thomas, Haselwood would be the best receiver on the roster.

To me the Ahmmon news really shouldn't have affected Haselwood. Had he stayed healthy, he likely wasn't coming back for his senior season anyway. Having said that, if Richt lands Haselwood, he better be starting because we know that outside of Jeff Thomas, Haselwood would be the best receiver on the roster.

I would put Hightower behind Thomas

Advertisement
Back