Jadon Haselwood decommits from Georgia

Newberg:
As we reported yesterday, five-star WR Jadon Haselwood arrived at about 3am early on Saturday morning. He'll remain on campus until about mid-day Monday.

I'm told he is being hosted by the "entire wide receiver room". They're showing him the family atmosphere among the receiver group. The FSU wide receivers have all watched Haselwood's film and genuinely want him to be a part of the team. We'll have to see what sort of impact that has on him.

Haselwood will do the tours and meet with academic advisors today. This evening he'll have a nice dinner with the entire coaching staff at Marie Livingston's. I'm told Haselwood brought his "family" along with him, but I don't know the details of how many or exactly who is with him.

We'll have more from Haselwood after his visit concludes tomorrow.

Blostein:
After the game, Haselwood was a part of the WR meeting in the locker room. Coach David Kelly gave a heartfelt speech about how Haselwood was one of two receivers (Pickens) that they are recruiting in this cycle and that he wants him to come join the family. Receivers responded well to the message and were fired up about making sure Haselwood had a good time for the rest of his time in Tallahassee.

Nee:
Haselwood and multiple family members/fellow visitors just left the Moore around 1 p.m. on some golf carts for tours and such.

David Kelly has been attached to Haselwood throughout the visit. Donte’ Pimpleton and Telly Lockette were also right there with him.

Advertisement
Does anyone know what this clown newberg acrually said though

Here is Newberg's post:

As we reported yesterday, five-star WR Jadon Haselwood arrived at about 3am early on Saturday morning. He'll remain on campus until about mid-day Monday.
I'm told he is being hosted by the "entire wide receiver room". They're showing him the family atmosphere among the receiver group. The FSU wide receivers have all watched Haselwood's film and genuinely want him to be a part of the team. We'll have to see what sort of impact that has on him.
Haselwood will do the tours and meet with academic advisors today. This evening he'll have a nice dinner with the entire coaching staff at Marie Livingston's. I'm told Haselwood brought his "family" along with him, but I don't know the details of how many or exactly who is with him.

There are a couple of other comments I will post separately.

From Zach Blostein:

After the game, Haselwood was a part of the WR meeting in the locker room. Coach David Kelly gave a heartfelt speech about how Haselwood was one of two receivers (Pickens) that they are recruiting in this cycle and that he wants him to come join the family. Receivers responded well to the message and were fired up about making sure Haselwood had a good time for the rest of his time in Tallahassee.

And Chris Nee posted that David Kelly and Kelly Lockette have basically been in Haselwood's back pocket all day. He is getting the campus tour now with everyone in tow....

Advertisement
Do they have a legit shot? Would be a gut puncher if he went there.

They seem to think they are no longer "on the outside looking in" . But they are also talking about all these other guys they think they can flip. Who knows what is reality right now. Guess we will hear more later..

Do they have a legit shot? Would be a gut puncher if he went there.
Recruiting is pretty crazy but in this case I would have to imagine that FSU would need a lot of ground to make up, follow the visits, if FSU was a real player, he would’ve been visited them on an unofficial, or we would’ve heard some kind of rambling about the two from Rusty, if Rusty believes it’s between Miami and UGA, then I believe Rusty. A 3rd team may enter because Auburn essentially screwed up, whether that’s FSU or Tennessee, it may just be for hat drama, it’s possible that the #1 WR will have 4-5 hats on a table when he announces, now if he starts visiting FSU after his 5 OV that’s a different story, but rarely have I seen a recruit suddenly become interested in a school in the final hour without bags coming into play but ofc crootin is fluid so idk.

Newberg:

Blostein:

Nee:
Haselwood and multiple family members/fellow visitors just left the Moore around 1 p.m. on some golf carts for tours and such.

David Kelly has been attached to Haselwood throughout the visit. Donte’ Pimpleton and Telly Lockette were also right there with him.

Weak recruiting attempt because Miami is essentially doing the same thing.

Lol FSU is still located in upscale trailerhassee right? And their coach's no to is still "do something" isnt it? Then yeah.. I'd say they're still on the outside looking in.

He's clearly in love with the city. Tallahassee is not Miami.

Advertisement
The thing about Haselwood that has me worried is all the hoe *** wide receivers we got in our room that are about to transfer.

The thing about Haselwood that has me worried is all the hoe *** wide receivers we got in our room that are about to transfer.
If our WRs are afraid of competition from anyone, especially an incoming 18 yr old HS senior, then I don’t want them in our room.

If our WRs are afraid of competition from anyone, especially an incoming 18 yr old HS senior, then I don’t want them in our room.
They not afraid of anyone coming in but we currently have 2-3 guys that might transfers because supposedly they expected to play a whole lot as freshmen lol. That negative vibe might affect Haselwood.

They not afraid of anyone coming in but we currently have 2-3 guys that might transfers because supposedly they expected to play a whole lot as freshmen lol. That negative vibe might affect Haselwood.
Fair point but at the same time we have freshman WR's who are playing a lot. Haselwood imo knows if he comes in and works like he is suppose to then he will play immediately.

He can ask them why they negative and at the same time ask them why the other freshman WR's playing.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Who we talking about Pope? Ezzard? Pope needs about three steaks with mashed potatoes and broccoli all day for a year he wouldn’t make it through a whole year of consistent playing time. Plus I heard his blocking was **** poor and we all know Dugans don’t let that fly. Idk with Ezzard I’ve seen him out there a few times this year, kids need to realize we didn’t have the season we expected we barely blew anybody out so wasn’t time for reps late in the game and this **** QB hot potato CMR was doing didn’t help with chemistry with the WRs. Kids better suck it up and put in the work come offseason, Langham & Richards are gone there will be more reps to get. Let them keep pouting though if I’m Dugans I’m taking Haselwood & Jones and let whoever’s soft leave out of here.

with Brevin out-wide too. I want to see the air-raide offense that Miami ran under Erickson. Four wide, one back.
If they had a decent o line they wouldn’t have to have either tight end in to block, they could split Mallory and Jordan out all day.

I’ll gladly say bye bye Pope and hello Haselwood and Payton.

From Ezzard’s HS coach who I’ve gotten close to from recruiting SHS from 2016-2018 classes (I gave up coaching this year though) he says he’s unhappy with the way his freshman year went/has gone but knows that he wasn’t ready to play right off the bat going in during the summer and would be shocked if he left. That’s not who he is. But the biggest problem he has had is Cager, Langham, and Wiggins suck and he still got no opportunities.

Advertisement
Back