Jadon Haselwood decommits from Georgia

Read the article this morning, so it turns out that Haselwood HS coach is a UM fan. Even though he said that he doesn’t want to funnel players to the U, he did admit to being a UM fan and that he vouches for our coaches, his HS coach also says that supposedly Thomas Brown is a big factor on Haselwood interest in Miami, Thomas Brown is from DeKalb county, the same county Haselwood is from. So Haselwood has a relationship with 2 of our recruiters, (Dugans & Brown) and CMR, Man I think this kid is a Cane lock, everyone in his private circle is in his ear vouching for us.
Well he needs to quit with this attitude. If he's got players he needs to send em down to Coral Gables.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well he needs to quit with this attitude. If he's got players he needs to send em down to Coral Gables.

Coach Smith was interviewed on another site a week or two ago for their Haselwood article and he said there that "he speaks with our coaches on a regular basis".

I just took a look at some of UGA threads on this and they are really in an uproar this morning. Many believe he will commit to us this weekend - also, there are numerous rumors going around that Nolan Smith may not be as "solid" to them as once thought. Seems like he has been chatting behind the scenes with some others - Bama for one. There is no concrete proof either way but there's enough doubt they are concerned.

and then there was this gem:

3 decommitments will be spun by national guys and other coaches as a trend. Even though 2 of the 3 are intentional on our end.
this is in reference to Jalen Perry and the other lineman who has yet to go public , and Haselwood.

Georgia is making mistakes. They were dominant a year ago but fake promises and dropping 4 stars is gonna bite them in the ***. Trust me on that

Coach Smith was interviewed on another site a week or two ago for their Haselwood article and he said there that "he speaks with our coaches on a regular basis".

I just took a look at some of UGA threads on this and they are really in an uproar this morning. Many believe he will commit to us this weekend - also, there are numerous rumors going around that Nolan Smith may not be as "solid" to them as once thought. Seems like he has been chatting behind the scenes with some others - Bama for one. There is no concrete proof either way but there's enough doubt they are concerned.

3 decommitments will be spun by national guys and other coaches as a trend. Even though 2 of the 3 are intentional on our end.
this is in reference to Jalen Perry and the other lineman who has yet to go public , and Haselwood.
If Nolan Smith decommits that would be the cream of the crop on UGAs demise, if their top 2 recruits decommit, I assume that will be the beginning of a chain reaction of decommits

Advertisement
Read the article this morning, turns out that Haselwood HS coach is a UM fan. Even though he said that he doesn’t want to funnel players to the U, he did admit to being a UM fan and that he vouches for our coaches, his HS coach also says that supposedly Thomas Brown is a big factor on Haselwood interest in Miami, Thomas Brown is from DeKalb county, the same county Haselwood is from. So Haselwood has a relationship with 2 of our recruiters, (Dugans & Brown) and CMR, Man I think this kid is a Cane lock, everyone in his private circle is in his ear vouching for us.
Well we need to take a good look at the DL Rashad Cheney too because we need to improve our DT depth. I want to believe but as of now Munoz aint cutting it.

We've got some top ones from LA over the years - Pat Riley and Carlos Jones during the Erickson years, Jolla the WR when Coker was here.

Jolla was the #5 WR in the country. Riley and Jones were highly recruited and near the top at their position groups, but I don't know how high they were. Dobard and Vegas Franklin were 4-stars.

Berlin was a xfer here from UF, of course. He was the top QB in the country and maybe the #1 overall - can't remember.

Willis, also a xfer from UF was a top 5 DT.

Bailey is the highest from GA so far.

I don't think we've ever got a highly rated player from AL.

Rocky McIntosh from SC is probably the highest - a 4-star LB ranked around 15th or so.

Not much from MS or TN - Elder was a 4-star from TN. Don't think we've ever got a 4-star or higher from MS.

If we land JH, is he the highest rated prospect we've ever signed from SEC country (GA, AL, LA)? I gotta think so - maybe Allen Bailey is the last one?

Getting Haselwood would definitely help us continue to get high quality players from GA.

Him and Holley in the '19 class would be nice.

As long as we keep moving toward playing for championships and keep some of the staff with connections to GA, will be getting a couple good ones in every class.

Advertisement
We've got some top ones from LA over the years - Pat Riley and Carlos Jones during the Erickson years, Jolla the WR when Coker was here.

Jolla was the #5 WR in the country. Riley and Jones were highly recruited and near the top at their position groups, but I don't know how high they were. Dobard and Vegas Franklin were 4-stars.

Berlin was a xfer here from UF, of course. He was the top QB in the country and maybe the #1 overall - can't remember.

Willis, also a xfer from UF was a top 5 DT.

Bailey is the highest from GA so far.

I don't think we've ever got a highly rated player from AL.

Rocky McIntosh from SC is probably the highest - a 4-star LB ranked around 15th or so.

Not much from MS or TN - Elder was a 4-star from TN. Don't think we've ever got a 4-star or higher from MS.

Yeah, that's my point. I think JH, Bailey and Riley would be the highest ever rated from SEC country.

Find out which OL I think I may have an idea

Find out which OL I think I may have an idea
just looking at it with no info, they only have 2 o line committed, one from GA one from Rhode Island, and only one has been taking visits so my guess is that one (Truss)

Advertisement
Hartley vs Dugans... who gets the crown? Hartley in 2017 pulls Jordan and Mallory then 2018 possibly Zipp and Hodges. Dugans in 2017 pulls Pope, Hightower, Wiggins, and Ezzard with 2018 possibly Haselwood and Payton. Who is the ace?

Advertisement
Back