Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Advertisement
So looking at South Georgia and the Valdosta area I think we have a chance to start a pipeline of sorts. Garcia spent a few weeks there and then you could have Thomas Davis and Brown, two Lowndes guys, in back to back years. Also I’ve heard Deejay Dallas is looking to start a 7v7 team in South Georgia so we could be looking at having a pretty good foothold there in near future.

Advertisement
Now you’ve gone deep end and are just making things up to defend your argument. Do you have any reason to think this kid is anything but a locker room plus? Anything but a terrific addition to an 85 man roster? He’s by all accounts a leader, a great kid, and smart. It doesn’t disrupt your team to hsve someone lose out in competition — that’s what happens when you hsve competition. You have zero basis to mention flight risk with him any more than any other kid we recruit. Grades? Why mention that if you don’t know anything here? If your complicated analysis leads us to less talent, it’s not helping.
You're reading into my post WAY too much.

I was making a generalized statement about any kid. You have to analyze more than just talent these days with ICs and the portal. I know nothing about this kid. I simply said you have to look at EVERYTHING.

You're reading into my post WAY too much.

I was making a generalized statement about any kid. You have to analyze more than just talent these days with ICs and the portal. I know nothing about this kid. I simply said you have to look at EVERYTHING.
Okay but then that’s not about this kid we’re discussing any more than any other kid, and Brown actually sounds like a great kid from what I’ve read. Also, you always had to evaluate more than just talent. The 85 man limit and the importance of culture hasn’t changed and the 25 IC limit hasn’t changed either. They just made it harder to grey shirt and changed the rules to really be a 25 LOI limit rather than a 25 new kid limit. The real losers were the academically marginal kids because a school really can’t afford the risk of signing non qualifiers anymore.

Advertisement
Garcia is the truth and he is going to be Kings successor. But if you're not a top tier team with elite talent at every position u need a mobile QB to win in today's game. I love this (eventual) take.
***** YOU JUST CONFUSED ME LIKE A MUTHAF.UC.KA...... YOU JUST SAID GARCIA IS KINGS REPLACEMENT BUT YOU THEN SAID IF YOU DON'T HAVE TOP TIER TALENT AT EVERY POSITION YOU NEED A MOBILE QB .............. WE DON'T HAVE TOP TIER TALENT AT EVERY POSITION SO DON'T THAT MEAN WE NEED A MOBILE QB? AND JAKE GARCIA AIN'T FINA SCRAMBLE **** BUT SOME EGGS. MAYBE I AIN'T READ THAT **** RIGHT EITHER THAT OR YOU CONTRADICTED YO SELF IN ONE PARAGRAPH.

***** YOU JUST CONFUSED ME LIKE A MUTHAF.UC.KA...... YOU JUST SAID GARCIA IS KINGS REPLACEMENT BUT YOU THEN SAID IF YOU DON'T HAVE TOP TIER TALENT AT EVERY POSITION YOU NEED A MOBILE QB .............. WE DON'T HAVE TOP TIER TALENT AT EVERY POSITION SO DON'T THAT MEAN WE NEED A MOBILE QB? AND JAKE GARCIA AIN'T FINA SCRAMBLE **** BUT SOME EGGS. MAYBE I AIN'T READ THAT **** RIGHT EITHER THAT OR YOU CONTRADICTED YO SELF IN ONE PARAGRAPH.
I'm implying we don't win big with Garcia but he's our best option once King leaves. Brown needs a year or two in college before he's ready.

So looking at South Georgia and the Valdosta area I think we have a chance to start a pipeline of sorts. Garcia spent a few weeks there and then you could have Thomas Davis and Brown, two Lowndes guys, in back to back years. Also I’ve heard Deejay Dallas is looking to start a 7v7 team in South Georgia so we could be looking at having a pretty good foothold there in near future.
Love the idea of Deejay having a 7 on 7 team. He will be a great coach post pro career.

Advertisement
I'm implying we don't win big with Garcia but he's our best option once King leaves. Brown needs a year or two in college before he's ready.
Why are you writing off Van Dyke? Everything I've read says he was playing really well on scout team and kept improving every week, plus King was supposedly tutoring him 1:1 the whole season.

Here are his high school highlights. His OL was terrible, so he was constantly moving in the pocket or scrambling. If pocket integrity is a challenge for us, he already knows how to handle it.

[turn sound off, music will give you a headache]

Expect TVD to be #1 in Spring while King is out, so Garcia is going to have to beat him out.

Your second paragraph is the key - “if” he becomes polished. It’s just not only a matter of “if” but also a matter of how long it may take him. How many QBs these days sit 3-4 years waiting their turn? Will he be willing to sit behind others and wait?

He’s a great looking athlete but I wouldn’t be going into this recruiting season with him as QB1 and ignoring others.

No matter who we get at QB, he would have to be willing to compete and sit if he losses.
Can't be afraid of the possibility of transfers cause that possibility is true with every single player.
And with the portal there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back