Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Your last sentence is the issue I had with Flagg. I don't know this kid first time I seen him and Rel is right all highlight tapes look good. I'm assuming he would do well with Lashlee but u somewhat have to have some sort of accuracy. Hey King I consider to be inaccurate and he does well.
Take a look at Nkosi. He wasn't the most accurate QB in HS and it continued into his college career.

Advertisement
Yea he was 47 last szn...and a career 53% guy currently. We will see if there is any progression this year. Not mentioned though is this kid has ran for 1100 yds last year and **** near 1600 yds the year b4....36 rushing tds.

I watch their run heavy offense in a ull game i think it was against Valdosta. Also there football schedule is a who's who of the best teams in GA..add on Oakleaf (Shaq quarterman's team)...Kid also had his way with MNW the year b4.
This aint Sitkowski..think his top wr committed to Kennesaw State.
I’d take a kid from that area 10/10. I played against them in the state playoffs my sophomore year of HS. Those dudes are just a different breed of football players in GA.

Not saying this kid would be the second coming of Cam Newton but I watched Cam his senior in HS and he was terrible. He just happened to be bigger and faster than other kids. I’d say take this kid and let him develop. This is why you recruit solid dudes at QB. You can take a kid with super intangibles and let him develop. You’re not throwing him into the fire before he’s ready, like Kosi.

I watched two games (Valdosta and Cedar Hill). Brown was the best player on the field in the Valdosta game. He outran everyone for multiple long TDs and threw some ropes. Against Collins Hill, he made poor decisions and was clearly outplayed by Sam Horn.

My take is that he's a developmental prospect. The combination of size, straight-line speed and arm strength is rare. But the accuracy issues are real. Sometimes the bigger guys develop later. Cam Newton and Josh Allen were shaky passers at that age. The more typical example is someone like Joe Milton, who flashes but will always struggle with accuracy and decisionmaking. Brown's work ethic will be key to his development.

One thing that will help him is playing with better skill players. His best skill guy is going to Kennesaw State. Some of his incompletions are completions if he played in South Florida.

Advertisement
QBs commit early, and their decisions impact others due to the limited spots. The tea leaves suggest Brown (#11 QB in country) may be trending to Miami. Gaby Urrutia had an interview with Brown where he said his relationship with Lashlee is taking off. The other schools Brown named are TAMU, Texas, Auburn, Florida and Arizona State.

Florida seems to have fallen off with the departure of OC Brian Johnson. It looks like they will get a commit from 3* Nick Evers, who is the favorite of their new QB coach. Auburn and TAMU already have commits. Texas is the favorite for Maalik Murphy and ASU is trending for AJ Duffy.

Brown is not the most developed passer (14 passing TDs vs. 16 rushing TDs) but is huge and freaky athletic with raw tools and a winning pedigree. It would be an interesting fit with upside.

So do you think he is Miami caliber? Should he be the QB we settle on?

Bro, there’s a reason why some are backing off some of these HS kids. Because without camp, coaches are getting to see kids in real action. Those who played anyway. And this kid is needs ALOT OF DEVELOPING. He’s a backyard QB for real. Against top competition he barely could got the ball out, he was in accurate AF, and I doubt he can make the passes needed to made in a true spread. In 12 games, he completed 47% of his passes for 1580 yds. Nah bro. Rarely does a QB who struggle in high school just makes a jump in college. Think Arthur Stokowski.

Brown has a freakish stature and strong arm, but that’s about it. If he comes to Miami, I really hope they can develop him into something, because right now he’s several seats behind what Nkosi was coming out of HS. He’s just more athletic. I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved to TE at the next level. A good frat brother of mine is a recruiter for UF, and other one for UGA, and they both told me why UF and UGA wasn’t recruiting him anymore. If your own state school isn’t recruiting you... why is that?
They just signed the no.1 qb in the country this cycle. Ot’s a 1 kid a year position, amd this kid may not be a risk tjey want to take as a development project. Being afraid to recruit a kid because UGA doesn’t want him seems silly.

Advertisement
This guy looked like Dark Kent in his film and as somebody pointed out the highlight reels are just that. But lots of folks are acting like he is really bad when he is a junior in high school playing against really good competition and its obvious he is just slinging the ball with little to no form. But he can throw the thing and he is fast. And for a dual threat guy he surely appeared to try to look downfield before running.

A few years ago we couldn't get a look from the daggone dog pound now folks are talking about passing on a guy who ESPN has rated as the 20th best player. Now ESPN is not all knowing, but they don't usually wind up with too many duds in their top 50. This guy has size he has an arm he has speed even showed a move or two. Why wouldn't he be a take? He is not coming in to start as a freshman he can sit and learn for at least two years and who knows. Nothing to lose everything to gain especially if he is a hard worker and coachable the sky is the limit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Before the beginning of the season last year Lashlee described his offense as a “power spread”, you literally couldn’t draw up a better fit for the “power spread” than Jacurri Brown. Also seems like a high character leader type that will put in the work to improve his accuracy. Sign me up.

Advertisement
Back