Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Bro, there’s a reason why some are backing off some of these HS kids. Because without camp, coaches are getting to see kids in real action. Those who played anyway. And this kid is needs ALOT OF DEVELOPING. He’s a backyard QB for real. Against top competition he barely could got the ball out, he was in accurate AF, and I doubt he can make the passes needed to made in a true spread. In 12 games, he completed 47% of his passes for 1580 yds. Nah bro. Rarely does a QB who struggle in high school just makes a jump in college. Think Arthur Stokowski.

Brown has a freakish stature and strong arm, but that’s about it. If he comes to Miami, I really hope they can develop him into something, because right now he’s several seats behind what Nkosi was coming out of HS. He’s just more athletic. I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved to TE at the next level. A good frat brother of mine is a recruiter for UF, and other one for UGA, and they both told me why UF and UGA wasn’t recruiting him anymore. If your own state school isn’t recruiting you... why is that?

All of t hat doesnt matter. We wont be in need of an instant starter at qb. And if im going to bring in a project qb he better be like this kid.
Dont really care what uga or uf recruits at qb.

Advertisement
Bro, there’s a reason why some are backing off some of these HS kids. Because without camp, coaches are getting to see kids in real action. Those who played anyway. And this kid is needs ALOT OF DEVELOPING. He’s a backyard QB for real. Against top competition he barely could got the ball out, he was in accurate AF, and I doubt he can make the passes needed to made in a true spread. In 12 games, he completed 47% of his passes for 1580 yds. Nah bro. Rarely does a QB who struggle in high school just makes a jump in college. Think Arthur Stokowski.

Brown has a freakish stature and strong arm, but that’s about it. If he comes to Miami, I really hope they can develop him into something, because right now he’s several seats behind what Nkosi was coming out of HS. He’s just more athletic. I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved to TE at the next level. A good frat brother of mine is a recruiter for UF, and other one for UGA, and they both told me why UF and UGA wasn’t recruiting him anymore. If your own state school isn’t recruiting you... why is that?

This is the type of insight I like to hear. Yeah, the days of 7 on 7 camp warriors are being weeded out. If he is sub 50% in HS, no thanks. Like Fr Fr, no thanks.

He does need a ton of work, no denying that....

but UF was all over this kid and was this kids leader until the guy who was recruiting him left for the Eagles so not sure about the “UF not recruiting him” thing.
Yes, Brian Johnson was the recruiter, but Dan Mullen is the QB whisperer as many as in the gators fan based have mentioned. So whoever he wants, he’s going to have. I’m not sure for certain, but the guys in the recruiting department at UF, have told me they are sold making sure they get Sam Horn instead. By the way, I’m a UF grad who used to work for Meyers so I’m still connected to a few of the folks over there. But don’t get it twisted... I’ve been a
Miami fan since 93 when I was first grade.

Advertisement
Yes, Brian Johnson was the recruiter, but Dan Mullen is the QB whisperer as many as in the gators fan based have mentioned. So whoever he wants, he’s going to have. I’m not sure for certain, but the guys in the recruiting department at UF, have told me they are sold making sure they get Sam Horn instead. By the way, I’m a UF grad who used to work for Meyers so I’m still connected to a few of the folks over there. But don’t get it twisted... I’ve been a
Miami fan since 93 when I was first grade.
The qb whisperer wouldnt have eve played Kyle Trask if not for injury.

Brown is his type of qb normally. I'll take the kid...we dont run the same type of offense and his size and running ability could be a nice +.

He might be 50% or whatever your saying but he isnt playing against sthe sisters of the poor.,..he is at a power house program.

Do you know a Bertram from your time at UF

Advertisement
Advertisement
All of t hat doesnt matter. We wont be in need of an instant starter at qb. And if im going to bring in a project qb he better be like this kid.
Dont really care what uga or uf recruits at qb.
Not to mention, the hit rate with allegedly polished qbs aint that high in HS anyhow. This kid isn’t an ear;y starter, but his ceiling is really high.

Maannnn. 47% completion rate (if this is true) for a hs kid is a huge red flag.
Yea he was 47 last szn...and a career 53% guy currently. We will see if there is any progression this year. Not mentioned though is this kid has ran for 1100 yds last year and **** near 1600 yds the year b4....36 rushing tds.

I watch their run heavy offense in a ull game i think it was against Valdosta. Also there football schedule is a who's who of the best teams in GA..add on Oakleaf (Shaq quarterman's team)...Kid also had his way with MNW the year b4.
This aint Sitkowski..think his top wr committed to Kennesaw State.

Advertisement
This dude is really talented. I have pretty solid faith in Lashlee that he could have him dangerous by his third year.

Honestly I doubt Lashlee is here in 2022 but loading this QB room, especially with different types of QBs is very attractive to our next QB coach/OC.

You literally have a pure pocket passer in Garcia, TVD is as well but is an underrated athlete, and Brown would be the freak dual threat that if developed can be the exact type of guy we always dread playing.

Land this kid. Landing your QB in the spring is huge for offensive recruiting.

Yea he was 47 last szn...and a career 53% guy currently. We will see if there is any progression this year. Not mentioned though is this kid has ran for 1100 yds last year and **** near 1600 yds the year b4....36 rushing tds.

I watch their run heavy offense in a ull game i think it was against Valdosta. Also there football schedule is a who's who of the best teams in GA..add on Oakleaf (Shaq quarterman's team)...Kid also had his way with MNW the year b4.
This aint Sitkowski
Yeah this guy brings a whole different element than Sitkowski. I’m not going to sit here and try to spin a 47% completion percentage, but to compare to him to Sitkowski is just lazy and narrow.

mj meme.png

Get this kid in Coral Gables for a visit and don't let him leave until he signs

Advertisement
Back