Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

This kid has a lot of Cam Newton when he was at Westlake High School. Not saying he is Cam but he has potential to be Cam Newton lite

I see where you're going with that comparison. He reminds me of Kelly Bryant from Clemson a few years back. He lost his starting job to sunshine then transferred. Brown is similar but not exact.

Big kid with lots of athleticism. Strong arm but his mechanics need some work. his footwork is inconsistent. High ceiling, low floor. But if he's developed as a passer he could be special because of his dual-threat ability. Right now he's only reading half the field and he's making either or reads.

His potential is off the charts if developed. But the kid, coaches and fans will need to be patient because he needs to develop as a passer. Hopefully he gets with a QB guru this summer and improves his mechanics.

Advertisement
Is it just me or does his throwing motion look odd? It looks very long and the ball is way away from his body.........but he is quite an athlete. Cam Newton-ish?

Get him. Physical freak and LEADER!

James Williams of QB’s in that regard

Vocal kid and leads by example with his play.

Ways to go as a passer but if we can get a kid with this much potential and stash him for a couple years that says A LOT about our program and its trajectory.

I mean going into fall or 2017 we had a true FR Kosi battling Malik to be the man! Yikes!

We’ve come a LONG way!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big boy. Strong arm. Can stand in the pocket and make throws as well as tuck it and run.

Lashlee should be able to do wonders with him. Lot to work with there. Sign his ***!

QBs commit early, and their decisions impact others due to the limited spots. The tea leaves suggest Brown (#11 QB in country) may be trending to Miami. Gaby Urrutia had an interview with Brown where he said his relationship with Lashlee is taking off. The other schools Brown named are TAMU, Texas, Auburn, Florida and Arizona State.

Florida seems to have fallen off with the departure of OC Brian Johnson. It looks like they will get a commit from 3* Nick Evers, who is the favorite of their new QB coach. Auburn and TAMU already have commits. Texas is the favorite for Maalik Murphy and ASU is trending for AJ Duffy.

Brown is not the most developed passer (14 passing TDs vs. 16 rushing TDs) but is huge and freaky athletic with raw tools and a winning pedigree. It would be an interesting fit with upside.

Before the season I remember the 247 gaytor board was high on him. I know that their OC, Johnson, just left but even before that I thought I saw them posting about accuracy and interest wasn’t as high. I don’t know his numbers, circumstances and I’m old and forgetful so I could have it wrong. Was accuracy an issue this year for him?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Speak on it, my brotha. What’s ur observations? I don’t like too many Hudl film b/c they are highlights. Everyone looks good in Hudl.
Bro, there’s a reason why some are backing off some of these HS kids. Because without camp, coaches are getting to see kids in real action. Those who played anyway. And this kid is needs ALOT OF DEVELOPING. He’s a backyard QB for real. Against top competition he barely could got the ball out, he was in accurate AF, and I doubt he can make the passes needed to made in a true spread. In 12 games, he completed 47% of his passes for 1580 yds. Nah bro. Rarely does a QB who struggle in high school just makes a jump in college. Think Arthur Stokowski.

Brown has a freakish stature and strong arm, but that’s about it. If he comes to Miami, I really hope they can develop him into something, because right now he’s several seats behind what Nkosi was coming out of HS. He’s just more athletic. I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved to TE at the next level. A good frat brother of mine is a recruiter for UF, and other one for UGA, and they both told me why UF and UGA wasn’t recruiting him anymore. If your own state school isn’t recruiting you... why is that?

Bro, there’s a reason why some are backing off some of these HS kids. Because without camp, coaches are getting to see kids in real action. Those who played anyway. And this kid is needs ALOT OF DEVELOPING. He’s a backyard QB for real. Against top competition he barely could got the ball out, he was in accurate AF, and I doubt he can make the passes needed to made in a true spread. In 12 games, he completed 47% of his passes for 1580 yds. Nah bro. Rarely does a QB who struggle in high school just makes a jump in college. Think Arthur Stokowski.

Brown has a freakish stature and strong arm, but that’s about it. If he comes to Miami, I really hope they can develop him into something, because right now he’s several seats behind what Nkosi was coming out of HS. He’s just more athletic. I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved to TE at the next level. A good frat brother of mine is a recruiter for UF, and other one for UGA, and they both told me why UF and UGA wasn’t recruiting him anymore. If your own state school isn’t recruiting you... why is that?

He does need a ton of work, no denying that....

but UF was all over this kid and was this kids leader until the guy who was recruiting him left for the Eagles so not sure about the “UF not recruiting him” thing.

Advertisement
Back