Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Advertisement
Advertisement
to me it's a question of how athletic he really is. he doesn't look very sudden in his movements but he does have good straight line speed. if his feet are quick enough w his size he'll be able to pick up yards running the ball in college. the bad outcome is Tyrone Swoopes from texas

Bro, there’s a reason why some are backing off some of these HS kids. Because without camp, coaches are getting to see kids in real action. Those who played anyway. And this kid is needs ALOT OF DEVELOPING. He’s a backyard QB for real. Against top competition he barely could got the ball out, he was in accurate AF, and I doubt he can make the passes needed to made in a true spread. In 12 games, he completed 47% of his passes for 1580 yds. Nah bro. Rarely does a QB who struggle in high school just makes a jump in college. Think Arthur Stokowski.

Brown has a freakish stature and strong arm, but that’s about it. If he comes to Miami, I really hope they can develop him into something, because right now he’s several seats behind what Nkosi was coming out of HS. He’s just more athletic. I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved to TE at the next level. A good frat brother of mine is a recruiter for UF, and other one for UGA, and they both told me why UF and UGA wasn’t recruiting him anymore. If your own state school isn’t recruiting you... why is that?
Your last sentence is the issue I had with Flagg. I don't know this kid first time I seen him and Rel is right all highlight tapes look good. I'm assuming he would do well with Lashlee but u somewhat have to have some sort of accuracy. Hey King I consider to be inaccurate and he does well.

All of t hat doesnt matter. We wont be in need of an instant starter at qb. And if im going to bring in a project qb he better be like this kid.
Dont really care what uga or uf recruits at qb.
Yea that doesn't matter he isn't starting day one....I would take a chance on a kid like this unless we have a sure fire stud we recruiting at qb.

Normally I fall into the slurper category, but this kid looks like a thicker Perry to me

Advertisement
Yeah this guy brings a whole different element than Sitkowski. I’m not going to sit here and try to spin a 47% completion percentage, but to compare to him to Sitkowski is just lazy and narrow.
Art can't move and if u inaccurate and can't move u are in deep ****. At least with great mobility it opens up lanes and wrs get open when they break their routes.

Your last sentence is the issue I had with Flagg. I don't know this kid first time I seen him and Rel is right all highlight tapes look good. I'm assuming he would do well with Lashlee but u somewhat have to have some sort of accuracy. Hey King I consider to be inaccurate and he does well.

Georgia has the #1 QB in the country committed and just took the top QB in Georgia last year too. That’s the reason why they aren’t recruiting Him. Can really only take 1 QB a year. It makes more sense why Flagg wasn’t recruited by schools in Texas because you take more than one linebacker a year.

Georgia has the #1 QB in the country committed and just took the top QB in Georgia last year too. That’s the reason why they aren’t recruiting Him. Can really only take 1 QB a year. It makes more sense why Flagg wasn’t recruited by schools in Texas because you take more than one linebacker a year.
So far from what I seen is he can play with D 1 kids in this style of offense. I have to see other guys but so far I do like what I saw from the highlights. **** King makes one read and throws it lol and he's successful here. **** Malik did that and he wasn't even good.

Bro, there’s a reason why some are backing off some of these HS kids. Because without camp, coaches are getting to see kids in real action. Those who played anyway. And this kid is needs ALOT OF DEVELOPING. He’s a backyard QB for real. Against top competition he barely could got the ball out, he was in accurate AF, and I doubt he can make the passes needed to made in a true spread. In 12 games, he completed 47% of his passes for 1580 yds. Nah bro. Rarely does a QB who struggle in high school just makes a jump in college. Think Arthur Stokowski.

Brown has a freakish stature and strong arm, but that’s about it. If he comes to Miami, I really hope they can develop him into something, because right now he’s several seats behind what Nkosi was coming out of HS. He’s just more athletic. I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved to TE at the next level. A good frat brother of mine is a recruiter for UF, and other one for UGA, and they both told me why UF and UGA wasn’t recruiting him anymore. If your own state school isn’t recruiting you... why is that?
Salute for keeping it 💯 homie!!!

Advertisement
Well Lowndes is big time football in Georgia. I don’t care for the inconsistent throwing motion, or the motion at all. But lets give the kid another year to develop and lets appreciate the UM is in the mix for a highly ranked kid. Also, I don’t believe we should be deterred by the fact that UGA and UF aren’t on him, In addition to the facts that those 2 schools have already narrowed down their targets, lets no down play that maybe this young man does not want to play in a small, southern, college town.
****, if you grew up in Valdosta, Ga wouldn’t you want to get out of their and move to a city?

All for it. It's unlikely you're gonna find a pocket QB in this class who's gonna beat out TVD or Garcia. This kid is in VY/Trey Lance territory as an athlete and runner. Worst case you have a backup who can get on the field in special packages as a run threat while he develops.

Yes even in his highlights he has general accuracy at best, and judging by the stats he could be scattershot and had a 3.8% INT rate as a Jr. But he's not as wild and loose in the pocket as Kosi was so if he can refine his footwork more his accuracy will improve. He also doesn't seem to understand leverage with his throw locations so that's more low hanging fruit for his development.

Remember it's a sliding scale of pocket passing skills evaluation for athletes like this. If he's playable he'll see a ton of single high on early downs and draw eyes with play action. He only needs to be able to throw 1on1s outside with general accuracy to be effective. He doesn't need to be Trevor Lawrence. On LDD defenses will have to play zone and if they don't send pressure he can buy time and make plays out of structure. If they do send zone pressure then it's on Lashlee to outscheme it.

Advertisement
Need to stop recruiting kids who are not accurate

47% in HS?’ Cmon. That % may get a little better over time but he’ll never be a 65% or better passer

This is NOT a comparison. It's merely an observation of how absolutely certain our conclusions can be when we only look at statistics and disregard everything else.

But, yeah, Josh Allen has never become a more accurate passer over time.

Advertisement
Back