Jacorey Brooks

Advertisement
Maybe I’m wrong but I thought pope not playing early was more to do with the physical readiness part..at least that’s the narrative I remember..we’ve multiple freshmen come in and make a impact And see the field in roles Their 1st year, from Deejay, to AR, Brevin, Jeff Thomas..but we seem to harp on the ones who we have hyped up excitement about in recruiting that for whatever reason weren’t ready to make that impact..as far as WR rotations I agree. But I want to see less guys rotated in and out. Imo it seemed at times it was like we wanted just get guys on the field with no logical reason other then keeping them engaged. That’s what STs should be for Imo..I assume with the personel we have returning we will likely see a lot of 11 personel and 21 personel..I’d like to see us roll out 3 main WRs and stick to a steady rotation
Pope was definitely playbook. That aside, I agree with what you are saying and think Likens is going to be a big improvement as a coach from Dugans and the idiot from last year.

It's easy to see why South Florida receivers keep going to Bama, and it's bigger than bags.

Amari Cooper got the ball and went first round. Calvin Ridley said he wanted to be the next Cooper.

Calvin Ridley got the ball and went first round. Jerry Jeudy said he wanted to be the next Ridley.

Jerry Jeudy got the ball and went first round. Why wouldn't Brooks expect the same result?

#coaching

It's easy to see why South Florida receivers keep going to Bama, and it's bigger than bags.

Amari Cooper got the ball and went first round. Calvin Ridley said he wanted to be the next Cooper.

Calvin Ridley got the ball and went first round. Jerry Jeudy said he wanted to be the next Ridley.

Jerry Jeudy got the ball and went first round. Why wouldn't Brooks expect the same result?

There’s no way in **** we’re going to compete against BAMA. Ain’t happening. We haven’t even developed a good cough over the last 16 years.

Until we start developing first round talent, we’re not going to compete against BAMA on the trail.

There’s no way in **** we’re going to compete against BAMA. Ain’t happening. We haven’t even developed a good cough over the last 16 years.

Until we start developing first round talent, we’re not going to compete against BAMA on the trail.

We don’t need to complete with them right now. They have limits on scholarships as we do. They can’t take everyone and there is a lot of talent to go around. We have to concentrate on playing well as a team and win games. We also need to focus on doing a better job of getting more of the top kids from our backyard we lose to the likes of FSU and Florida.

Advertisement

Major9, AR82, GHall
Win some lose some.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Agree.

I bet they don’t even have to drop a bag other than tell him they’ll slide him spending cash when he wants it...

It is what it is... gotta do our part of developing and putting out an exciting product kids wanna play in.

He's the best WR in the nayshun.

I wish he chose Miami, but he's a good young man that made a smart business decision. Perhaps if we light up the college football world with a Top 10 offense and win a bunch of games and we keep recruiting him we can pull him late.

Advertisement
He specifically thanked Ice Harris on his commitment tweet.
Win some lose most.
we've gone after the same players. Yes they get most of who they want. But when it’s been purely a bama and UM battle we’ve done ok with those 3. Jeudy was never a bama-um battle. Ps2 never considered us. Amari and Ridley were tough losses. Neal, Harris and Ingram also hurt.
Saban had a hard on for the ones we did get.

Agreed. Bag or not they have a proven track record to play as freshman and get drafted in the first round as a junior. Also, Saban adopting a more spread offense and getting legit QBs has been scary.
If our stupid ***, behind the times, slow to react *** program had gone spread when we were supposed to maybe we could've had a dynamic offense putting up stats to get WRs drafted in the first too.

Instead the best WRs we've recruited the last decade do nothing in college and get drafted late, if they get drafted at all.

Maybe after Saban retires we'll be able to have a shot with some of these receivers.

Advertisement
Back