Jacorey Brooks

I'm getting pretty sick of the pass Bama and UGA get from the NCAA. Their bag game is the worst kept secret in all of sports. They know Emmert won't do anything and the NCAA doesn't even pretend to care.
I’ve said for a long time Saban and Emmert will probably retire within a year if not the same season of each other.

Advertisement
I’ve been thinking the same thing. It looks like the ncaa passed the bag baton to Tennessee.
You guys are Killin me. So quick to put it all on this bag game nonsense. Here's fact. BAGS ARE VERY REAL. Furthermore ALL OF COLLEGE SPORTS DOES IT... YES there's definitely certain teams and certain conferences that get MORE LEEWAY. However y'all really gotta stop acting like it's not happening everywhere. The differences are in the leeway and in the budget. Most places can't go heavy at each and every kid they targeting. That don't mean they don't pick the priorities and shoot they shot. Let's stop with the victim ****. We have our own reality here. One that fans usually can't seem to wrap their minds around. It's not that difficult though.

Advertisement
You guys are Killin me. So quick to put it all on this bag game nonsense. Here's fact. BAGS ARE VERY REAL. Furthermore ALL OF COLLEGE SPORTS DOES IT... YES there's definitely certain teams and certain conferences that get MORE LEEWAY. However y'all really gotta stop acting like it's not happening everywhere. The differences are in the leeway and in the budget. Most places can't go heavy at each and every kid they targeting. That don't mean they don't pick the priorities and shoot they shot. Let's stop with the victim ****. We have our own reality here. One that fans usually can't seem to wrap their minds around. It's not that difficult though.
I’m well aware of that they exist everywhere and even all sports. When I lived in Houston there was 9th grade track dude getting money from rice. Freaking Rice!! Lol
The reason I put Tennessee in there is just cause that class so far way out of the ordinary. But on the reals it wouldn’t surprise me if we finish top 5 this cycle. And if that happens we’re gonna get accused of the same thing.
My bad for complaining and sounding all “poor me” and sht. Kids got 4 years to play and may or may not get drafted no matter how hard they work. Nothing in life is guaranteed. At least they might want to play for a winner in the last few games they have left. I totally get it. But the vols probably have the same shot as we do if not less to be there in 3 years. Kirby didn’t even make it last year and he has a locker room full of future millionaires. I guess that saban stank wears off quick.

Bags are nice. Getting Jeudy, Ruggs, Ridley, Cooper’s signing bonuses and salaries as first round picks is even nicer.

Bags are nice. Getting Jeudy, Ruggs, Ridley, Cooper’s signing bonuses and salaries as first round picks is even nicer.
It's not hard to understand it's a combination of all those things though. Here we don't give any logical argument against that. Just like it 8 out of 10 never did **** for us when we had that going on. Bags are bags and wins are wins. Kids also realize the systems they are going into. What they stand to learn from their position coaches and most importantly what connections does that staff have to NFL staffs. We put more kids into the NFL as early round picks than anything EVER seen. So what was the excuse for y'all then? Cause we didn't turn around after that and have every kid and their mother begging to come here... Theirs two sides to every coin but people can't steady play them both.

It's not hard to understand it's a combination of all those things though. Here we don't give any logical argument against that. Just like it 8 out of 10 never did **** for us when we had that going on. Bags are bags and wins are wins. Kids also realize the systems they are going into. What they stand to learn from their position coaches and most importantly what connections does that staff have to NFL staffs. We put more kids into the NFL as early round picks than anything EVER seen. So what was the excuse for y'all then? Cause we didn't turn around after that and have every kid and their mother begging to come here... Theirs two sides to every coin but people can't steady play them both.
Agreed... but as you know more than most, a lot of that goes into those first round selections. The natural talent and measurables, the productivity and development in college, and being a program that the NFL can rely on. No disrespect to your former teammates, but back in the early 00s the U logo may have gotten a couple of guys bumped up a round or two by nature of the program at the time.

We’re never going to be the program that gets every guy, but we definitely get enough and need to start doing more with what we do get. I hope Likens and Lashlee get that ball rolling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back