Jacorey Brooks

People said that about last recruiting class yet we closed up well in recruiting, hitting most of our targets down the stretch. I dont Expect a poor season this year so I doubt It’s going to be all that rough
Agree with this.

I don't think the majority of the top south FL kids sign with us, but I believe we'll still have a top 15 class.

I don't consider it a loss when kids like Brooks commit to Bama, they were going there anyways, who we absolutely have to close out on locally is Alexis or Brinson, hopefully both, if not at least one of'em, plus George & Nabers or possibly another OOS kid if Nabers gets flighty.

Not worried one bit about kids like Brooks, Taylor, Marshall, Williams etc not coming, I've never even considered them to be realistic options from the start.

Advertisement
If Alabama gets him, you gotta think that we are in the drivers seat for Alexis, Brinson and Nabers. Bama and LSU seem to be the big competitors for those guys.

UGA talking with Alexis & Texas A&M for Brinson...we better get Nabers on campus as soon as they allow it cause he’s in the heart of SEC territory

The dude hasn’t visited in a long long time and has been radio silent about his recruitment for a while. Never thought he was coming.

I know, everything mentioned about him has been that he’s not feelin staying home. I know. I was still hoping tho lol

Advertisement
Tim Watts and Hank South, Bama 247 mods:

Having spoke to addition sources I am know firmly in the corner that Brooks will choose Alabama tomorrow. I'm now hearing on both side of this one that Alabama is and probably always has been his top choice. Based on all this information I've gathered Hank and I will likely put our CBs in sooner rather than later. Its obvious there has been some misinformation leaked (and at this stage I'm not sure from whom) and the kid could ultimately surprise me tomorrow but right now I believe it is Alabama."

LOL

Sounds like one or more Gaytor coaches had one of those "Avantae Williams" misunderstandings...

It's easy to see why South Florida receivers keep going to Bama, and it's bigger than bags.

Amari Cooper got the ball and went first round. Calvin Ridley said he wanted to be the next Cooper.

Calvin Ridley got the ball and went first round. Jerry Jeudy said he wanted to be the next Ridley.

Jerry Jeudy got the ball and went first round. Why wouldn't Brooks expect the same result?

It's easy to see why South Florida receivers keep going to Bama, and it's bigger than bags.

Amari Cooper got the ball and went first round. Calvin Ridley said he wanted to be the next Cooper.

Calvin Ridley got the ball and went first round. Jerry Jeudy said he wanted to be the next Ridley.

Jerry Jeudy got the ball and went first round. Why wouldn't Brooks expect the same result?

It's uncanny.

Meanwhile, Miami continues to churn out WRs that go lower than first anticipated. I'm not saying we can't turn things around, but Alabama has a very compelling recruiting pitch.

Agreed. Bag or not they have a proven track record to play as freshman and get drafted in the first round as a junior. Also, Saban adopting a more spread offense and getting legit QBs has been scary.

Advertisement
It's uncanny.

Meanwhile, Miami continues to churn out WRs that go lower than first anticipated. I'm not saying we can't turn things around, but Alabama has a very compelling recruiting pitch.
Our guys supposedly can never even learn the playbook

Will be interesting to see how the narrative changes once Lashlee's offense is up and humming, but Alabama has to be the premiere destination for a prospective WR right now. Nevermind that Julio Jones is probably the best at his position in the NFL, but more recently, Cooper, Ridley, Ruggs and Jeudy have all gone in the 1st round and they have a couple of kids in Smith and Waddle who'll probably go in the first next year.

At a certain point, if you have a sample size of 50 students and not one of them can learn the lesson, the teacher needs a mirror and a good look in it.
There wasn’t a 50 player sample size..from what I understand is that narrative was with literally one fan favorite 5star RB

Advertisement

We have gotten some top FLA WR’s over the years who simply didn’t perform at the levels we needed them to create a legacy for others to follow. Coley was a beast who played well early but didn’t live up to his level of talent. He ends up getting drafted late in the 7th round. Richards was a huge recruiting win versus Bama. He played very well but did struggle at times. Unfortunately the injury cut his career short so he was never able to fulfill his potential. Everyone was hyped over us getting Pope. He is a JR now and we are still waiting to see him fulfill his potential. Let’s be real. If Coley balls out he goes 1st or 2nd round. If Richards balls out and never gets injured he goes 1st or 2nd round. We may have got a Benjamin and possibly a Jeudy. Pope, Patton and Reeding are our top FLA WR’s now. If they ball out and have success, it will help change an attractive legacy for others to follow.

There wasn’t a 50 player sample size..from what I understand is that narrative was with literally one fan favorite 5star RB
We didn't hear the same thing with Pope too? The old scheme was overly and unnecessarily complicated, and it took too long for plays to develop. Plus our WR rotations and ways we used guys was entirely illogical. Moving and looking forward, onward, and upward with this new scheme however.

We didn't hear the same thing with Pope too? The old scheme was overly and unnecessarily complicated, and it took too long for plays to develop. Plus our WR rotations and ways we used guys was entirely illogical. Moving and looking forward, onward, and upward with this new scheme however.

**** honestly it seems like we've heard the playbook issue regarding far too many of our top rated guys for **** near the last 15 years going back to Larry Coker.

Advertisement
We have gotten some top FLA WR’s over the years who simply didn’t perform at the levels we needed them to create a legacy for others to follow. Coley was a beast who played well early but didn’t live up to his level of talent. He ends up getting drafted late in the 7th round. Richards was a huge recruiting win versus Bama. He played very well but did struggle at times. Unfortunately the injury cut his career short so he was never able to fulfill his potential. Everyone was hyped over us getting Pope. He is a JR now and we are still waiting to see him fulfill his potential. Let’s be real. If Coley balls out he goes 1st or 2nd round. If Richards balls out and never gets injured he goes 1st or 2nd round. We may have got a Benjamin and possibly a Jeudy. Pope, Patton and Reeding are our top FLA WR’s now. If they ball out and have success, it will help change an attractive legacy for others to follow.

I failed to mention we did get Bruce and Mullins in 2016. That just adds to our current FLA WR legacy. SMDH.

Advertisement
Back