Jacorey Brooks

Now that's what I call a strong endorsement! How would you describe his game? Does he remind you of anyone in particular? Thanks

reminds me recently of Jerry Jeudy. Not as fast as Jeudy but more technical at the same age. He makes tough catches , boxes guys out. But is deceptive fast. He probably runs high 4.6 but still is crafty and gets by guys or runs bubble screens.

He's been the man for some years now...since optomist he had hype and it hasnt slowed down and he has continuously progressed.

Advertisement
Don't get me wrong this kid is good and I'll love to see him at miami but im not seeing elite talent when i watch his film.
He been a baller for awhile but that film look like Aldarius or Ermon (both had siick film). What are his measureables and camp numbers?

If y’all ain’t know

yeah this ki
reminds me recently of Jerry Jeudy. Not as fast as Jeudy but more technical at the same age. He makes tough catches , boxes guys out. But is deceptive fast. He probably runs high 4.6 but still is crafty and gets by guys or runs bubble screens.

He's been the man for some years now...since optomist he had hype and it hasnt slowed down and he has continuously progressed.
You obviously have seen him and have more knowledge about him but that video does not show anything that says hes more technical then Jeudy. I mean Jeudy made all the db's look like trash during the rivals wr vs db camp. Then he went to Bama and made an immediate impact. Jeudy was a pure beast and probably one of the best wr that has came out of South Florida in some time. Not trying to start an arguement with you just my opinion sir.

I think they are two different players and we should try and get both, but me personally I think Jaden Alexsis is a player I would take before any other wr minus the kid from Washington who's videos are in this thread. That kid is a bad Sob.

Ok as for the player who brought us all here, hes a big body wr that gets it done. Looks to have great hands ands good speed. Reminds me a little bit of Leonard Hankerson, now its been some time since ive seen tape of Leonard so if im off on that please excuse me.

last thought, these are very good problems to have.

Dont Know how that kids video got added to my post. Just wanted to throw that out there. I watched his tape then made this post and there it is. my bad.

Ok I found a much better tape on him. Now I see the technical aspect your talking about. Still not giving him the nod over Jeudy but he does have some really nice feet and hes got that unique ability to make people miss. Hes definitely very shifty for a taller wr and would be a nice addition to the wr group, nobody going to be mad if we land him thats for sure.

Advertisement
yeah this ki

You obviously have seen him and have more knowledge about him but that video does not show anything that says hes more technical then Jeudy. I mean Jeudy made all the db's look like trash during the rivals wr vs db camp. Then he went to Bama and made an immediate impact. Jeudy was a pure beast and probably one of the best wr that has came out of South Florida in some time. Not trying to start an arguement with you just my opinion sir.

I think they are two different players and we should try and get both, but me personally I think Jaden Alexsis is a player I would take before any other wr minus the kid from Washington who's videos are in this thread. That kid is a bad Sob.

Ok as for the player who brought us all here, hes a big body wr that gets it done. Looks to have great hands ands good speed. Reminds me a little bit of Leonard Hankerson, now its been some time since ive seen tape of Leonard so if im off on that please excuse me.

last thought, these are very good problems to have.

Dont Know how that kids video got added to my post. Just wanted to throw that out there. I watched his tape then made this post and there it is. my bad.

Not sure if you know this...but Brooks have been doing that since he was like in the 8th grade. His tape isnt against the bums in that washington kids film or even what Jeudy faced. Dude is doing this against a bunch of div 1 CBS and Safeties.

He isnt as thick as Hankerson was..same height though. Hank topped out at 210+ and ran sub 4.5 40.

I stand by the Jerry Jeudy, or a better Allen Hurns

With an offense that's exciting to play in AND if we actually get it done on the field, we should have a fine class on the offensive side of the ball.

Keep these fellas home.

Not sure if you know this...but Brooks have been doing that since he was like in the 8th grade. His tape isnt against the bums in that washington kids film or even what Jeudy faced. Dude is doing this against a bunch of div 1 CBS and Safeties.

He isnt as thick as Hankerson was..same height though. Hank topped out at 210+ and ran sub 4.5 40.

I stand by the Jerry Jeudy, or a better Allen Hurns
This is the first ive seen tape on him and I have not followed him, thats why I'm listing to what your saying and not taking it lightly. Id take another Allen Hurns all day long.

Advertisement
This is the first ive seen tape on him and I have not followed him, thats why I'm listing to what your saying and not taking it lightly. Id take another Allen Hurns all day long.

Yea Brooks buzz down here is bigger than Jeudy at the same age.

Not saying he is better....just that he has been the top dog for soooo long. Jeudy speed is much better....but the hands and route running Brooks got is big time.

I think if our offense shows a spark we'll be ok...because theres a good number of real good in state wr's this year...and locally we are sitting solidly with a number.

Consider this...people didnt like Stubbs recruiting prowess...yet our wr class was the goods..this Likens guy has wayyy more connections, Lashlee does in TX in comparison to Enos as well.

The out of state kids we are on arent no slouches either.

Looks very good - not elite though! but that’s just from the tape like the other poster mentioned.

Not saying he is better....just that he has been the top dog for soooo long. Jeudy speed is much better....but the hands and route running Brooks got is big time.

I think if our offense shows a spark we'll be ok...because theres a good number of real good in state wr's this year...and locally we are sitting solidly with a number.

Consider this...people didnt like Stubbs recruiting prowess...yet our wr class was the goods..this Likens guy has wayyy more connections, Lashlee does in TX in comparison to Enos as well.

Best thing I see on brooks is his route running and body control..what’s the word on his explosiveness tho? Any testing numbers out?

That’s the thing I give Jerry the nod on at the same stage. Jerry at this stage imo was more raw at the same age but more explosive. Brooks is more technically sound. The kid out of Washington despite what ppl think of his comp he faces, the athleticism u see on tape showed up in his testing numbers and at camps..he and Brooks are elite at the HS level.

Excellent prospect. Recruit him as hard as possible, put an electric, fun offense on the field, win the Coastal, and see where the chips fall. Sometimes, you can do everything right, and lose a guy for other reasons to bag schools.

I can guarantee one thing: we’ve lost better prospects than him and still managed to win NCs. There is so much talent out there within ****ing distance of the school. Losing one WR will never be what makes or breaks this program.

Advertisement
Brooks, Alexis, Brinson, at least one and its a jackpot.
2 of those is lotto.
All 3 and it’s dropping an AMEX black card at tootsies and telling the manger to close for the next 8 hrs.
What about Bralon Brown? Do you prefer Alexis? Personally I would add Brown to your list above as well as Christian Leary. I know some think that Leary should be grouped with the RBs but I disagree. Granted Leary is extremely versatile and could line up anywhere across the formation but I still envision him as a slot WR type. Ultimately it doesn't matter what you label him. Leary is playmaker with the ball in his hands with speed, speed and more speed.

I'm not sure how many WRs the staff wants to sign in 2021 but list would consist of following which is obviously open to change as the year goes on.

Jacorey Brooks
Romello Brinson
Bralon Brown
Jaden Alexis
Christian Leary

Last edited:
Advertisement

Kids want to be sold on them getting develop properly and maximizing their potential to eventually get to the holy Land (NFL). Likens has 1st rounders attached to his name, Stubblefield doesn't. Having coached 1st rounders is a major selling point to recruits.

Likens marketability is greater than Stubblefield's.

Advertisement
Back