Jacob Lichtenstein, DL transfer from USC

I don’t care about stats at DT, it’s the least of my worries. I want somebody filling gaps and causing rb’s to bounce. There’s no stat for that. I want a guy who can cave the pocket from the inside ,which causes the qb to leave the pocket and take his eyes off the receivers.

Nesta was the only dt that was somewhat consistent. But even he was more flash plays. As a player nobody on our DL has shown to be more than a pretty good player or less. That’s why our defense was trash, we need dudes on the DL. The DL and especially the dt’s dictate how good your defense will be. All I see is meh so far. LT doesn’t count because he was a true fr. The rest have been meh.

Bring me dudes on the DL via the portal or HS.

A lot of that was scheme. I expect our guys -- the same guys who are returning -- to be much better next year. Ford and Miller were overrated for sure. But Nesta and JHH have it in them, as does LT obviously. We'll have to see.

Advertisement
I don’t care about stats at DT, it’s the least of my worries. I want somebody filling gaps and causing rb’s to bounce. There’s no stat for that. I want a guy who can cave the pocket from the inside ,which causes the qb to leave the pocket and take his eyes off the receivers.

Nesta was the only dt that was somewhat consistent. But even he was more flash plays. As a player nobody on our DL has shown to be more than a pretty good player or less. That’s why our defense was trash, we need dudes on the DL. The DL and especially the dt’s dictate how good your defense will be. All I see is meh so far. LT doesn’t count because he was a true fr. The rest have been meh.

Agreed. I dont care about DT stats. Collapse the pocket, be disruptive, fill gaps, disrupt the rhythm etc. Gerald Willis was a great example of what can happen when you do that. When our line does those things, it flows from there. Makes our LB's and our backfield look a lot better.

Yep. Mario said in his recruiting interview video that it's going to be on-going **** near all the way until the season starts. Pretty much alluded to that they won't stop looking for players because things might happen like injures, players transferring out, etc...
Manny striking out in recruiting left a lot of possibilities with the portal. **** he was going to go crazy in the portal

A lot of that was scheme. I expect our guys -- the same guys who are returning -- to be much better next year. Ford and Miller were overrated for sure. But Nesta and JHH have it in them, as does LT obviously. We'll have to see.
The scheme was built to cause disruption and to play without discipline. If anything it's like playing for Mike Dantoni in the nba, his offense made you look better than you actually are. Manny's D with all its faults should get you tfl's and sacks. But we saw how that worked out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Harvey had a very disappointing season to me. I expected more. I liked what I saw more from Chantz Williams and Elijiah Roberts. Both need to become more consistent, though.
I agree. Although I think coaching, training and scheme was a big part in the under achievement of all three. Chantz and Roberts can use more weight and power. Harvey has to be used right, he has the skills.

My bad, he wasn’t ‘18. He a ‘17 kid. He’s only got one.
Dude, you fell on your sword way too quickly. You were right. Just cause the press reports something doesn't make it true.

If Miller is here playing 3-4 3tech I think he can be really good. Two gapping and playing heavy run defense. Think he just didn’t fit the gap shooting scheme

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nesta, him and who else? JHH maybe. I love LT too but this kid outproduced him this past year
Lmao you comparing the production of this grown ahs man to an 18 y/o kid (at DT) who didn’t get any PT until halfway into the season when the world demanded he sees the field?!!
Think About It Stop GIF by IFHT Films

Advertisement

I wonder how much of the Dline weakness was tachnique whereby our guys were consistently using one shoulder, pouching the Oline in one direction and having the running back or quarterback go right past them. I like that we were trying to get upfield but often it just seemed like we ran ourselves out of the play, which was then compounded by having linebackers who lacked the speed to cover the gaps.

Advertisement
Back