Jackson moving to fs?

252cane

All-ACC
Supposedly diaz said on joe rose show that mike jackson is moving to fs. And diaz mentioned he played safety vs duke and i never noticed it. Said on the pickney int that jackson was at safety and tipped the pass. Young started over him vs duke and i doubt he gets that spot back.

Dean will probably get more reps now if diaz really does move him there full time. Not really high on jackson but he is more athletic than jaquan and knowles.

Advertisement
Jackson can’t tackle in space. How is he gonna be a safety. But I trust Manny so let us see

Safety in Obvious down situations I hope, not sure about jacksons open field tackling.

He played quite a bit at safety last game and made the deflection on Pinckney’s INT...if I’m not mistaken, he also took a horrible angle/run fit on that 3rd and 18 that we gave up

Advertisement
I noticed he lined up there when I was at the Duke game, I thought I was trippin but he will probably be interchangeable from CB to safety all season depending on personnel.

How the University of Miami is so thin at Safety and RB boggles my ******* mind

I like the move. Jackson will improve as the season goes on. He wasn't that bad, considering it was his first game playing extensively there.

Alado, Dean looked ready last game, so this move makes sense.

Advertisement
Because we're dealing with Goldens juniors and seniors. Richt's first class, i.e. sophomores was put together with bandaids and jags. Last year was his first class and don't expect freshman to step in and start. Finally next year we get the talent flowing at all the positions...

This is all about increased trust in Dean and Knowles being totally unequipped athletically to play at this level.

Advertisement
He played quite a bit at safety last game and made the deflection on Pinckney’s INT...if I’m not mistaken, he also took a horrible angle/run fit on that 3rd and 18 that we gave up

This.

Horrible angle that was an easy/routine play.

He played 25 snaps at safety in base and 10 as the 6th DB in dime. He only lined up as the deep safety once (with one or two others where he rotated to the middle 3rd on a blitz). He looked better at safety than he did at corner but he definitely took a terrible angle on the 3rd and 19 run that went for 20.

Advertisement
He played 25 snaps at safety in base and 10 as the 6th DB in dime. He only lined up as the deep safety once (with one or two others where he rotated to the middle 3rd on a blitz). He looked better at safety than he did at corner but he definitely took a terrible angle on the 3rd and 19 run that went for 20.

post more

There's a reason we're going to try to sign 7-8 DBs this recruiting cycle.

Totally irrelevant to this thread, but this game will be won or lost by our OL. Our DL and LB's, I expect to dominate fsux's O. If our OL blocks for Walton and gives Rosey time to pass, it could and will get ugly for fsux.

Advertisement
Back