Jackson moving to fs?

He played quite a bit at safety last game and made the deflection on Pinckney’s INT...if I’m not mistaken, he also took a horrible angle/run fit on that 3rd and 18 that we gave up

You're correct. I went over both plays in my film review if you're interested.

They can call it S, but really he just lined up over slot.

Advertisement
But, this is a good thing. He's better than Knowles simply due to athleticism. It also means there planning to play Bandy and Dean more. Both are better corners than Jackson. Upgrade there and then, hopefully, over Knowles.

He plays there are certain snaps. I seen it multiple times.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

i can't find it right now but i remember reading that jackson actually had one of the faster 40 times on the team. i don't think speed would be the issue w/ him as much as just knowing how to play the position. i don't think he's good enough as a cover corner to play for us anyway tho so this seems fine to me.

Not only did he blow the angle he looked very slow trying to make up for the mistake.

Advertisement
But, this is a good thing. He's better than Knowles simply due to athleticism. It also means there planning to play Bandy and Dean more. Both are better corners than Jackson. Upgrade there and then, hopefully, over Knowles.

Considering what Diaz is asking of the safeties (cover 1) it makes perfect sense.

He played quite a bit at safety last game and made the deflection on Pinckney’s INT...if I’m not mistaken, he also took a horrible angle/run fit on that 3rd and 18 that we gave up

You're correct. I went over both plays in my film review if you're interested.

They can call it S, but really he just lined up over slot.

Just went back to your breakdown in the other thread. Really impressive stuff. Pre snap Jackson looks to be about 3-3.5 yards off the ball. Correct me if I am wrong his key seems to be the RB and watching the mesh point to see if the RB gets it and hits it up inside or the QB pulls it and takes it outside. RB gets it and begins up inside and then cutback to bounce it outside and Jackson looks to be standing flat footed the play instead of coming up off the edge contain players butt and making the tackle. Like you said a shallow angle puts him in a bad position to make a play and he's beat.

All that aside I have a couple questions regarding this pre snap alignment. Why was he so tight to the line on a 3rd an 19? Could he have missed his pre snap alignment or is that the way that formation is typically called? Secondly it seems as Joe Jack took a big looping rush up the field as if he was going to run the play down from the backside or in case of a cutback. Did Joe jack get too far up field on his rush or is that the way that is designed as well? Thanks for the insight. I am just curious as to what people think on that.

Bad.gif

Advertisement
Giving up a 3rd and 19 where the offense is basically running a give up play is tantamount to a turnover in my book. Inexcusable. It's one of those hidden turnovers like roughing the punter.

hes a scrub its been 3 years can't be relied upon when needed give his PT to derrick smith

He is not a scrub. He is an average player. Let's not forget he caused the interception against Duke that was a huge momentum factor.

Advertisement
BKDee did tell us back in the Spring the staff wanted him at Safety all along.

Go rewatch that Toledo game, he was routinely beat against their WR's, he had several blown coverages one of which lead to a TD.

He doesn't have the footwork to play CB, which is why it made no sense for him to be named the starter over Young in the first place.

Tackling was the supposed reason, but Young was a better tackler than MJack last year. Go watch Young in that NC St game, vs Pitt, vs VA & vs Duke he was making good tackles all over the field & this was last year.

The kid had an INT in every **** practice & scrimmage in both Spring Ball & Fall camp.

Also, Dean should've been playing ahead of MJack as well, he's a pure cover corner, I know tackling is important, but not getting beat & making plays on the ball is far more important for a CB.

Glad Diaz isn't too stubborn to realize that there's no need to debilitate your defense & leave us vulnerable in coverage by keeping MJ at CB.

Last edited:

Go rewatch that Toledo game, he was routinely beat against their WR's, he had several blown coverages one of which lead to a TD.

He doesn't have the footwork to play CB, which is why it made no sense for him to be named the starter over Young kn the first place.

Tackling was the supposed reason, but Young was a better tackler than MJack last year. Go watch Young in that NC St game, vs Pitt, vs VA & vs Duke he was making good tackles all over the field & this was last year.

The kid had an INT in every **** practice & scrimmage in both Spring Ball & Fall camp.

Also, Dean should've been playing ahead of MJack as well, he's a pure cover corner, I know tackling is important, but not getting beat & making plays on the ball is far more important for a CB.

Glad Diaz isn't too stubborn to realize that there's no need to debilitate your defense & leave us vulnerable in coverage by keeping MJ at CB.
He was just trying out players to see where there best position should be. Come on mane we played Cookman and Toledo.

Advertisement

He doesn't have the footwork to play CB, which is why it made no sense for him to be named the starter over Young kn the first place.

This is what I see every time I go through one of our games. Could be a reward for working hard offseason etc. as we do not get the off-field information coaches do.

My concern is what I see on the field, and I'm glad Diaz is making this change. It helped with Redwine and I think it'll help Jackson as well.

He was just trying out players to see where there best position should be. Come on mane we played Cookman and Toledo.
Yeah, and they both lit us up for over 800yds combined.

Yeah, and they both lit us up for over 800yds combined.
we were playing back ups and 3rd string

My only question is this. We don't have much depth at corner at all, so with him moving to safety that leaves Bandy, Young, Delaney, and Dean that's hair thin depth, one injury and sheesh. You need at least 6 serviceable corners imo.

Advertisement
Back