Jaccuri on Elite 11 final roster.

This is why I didn't like this kid anywhere near the elite 11.Hopefully his confidence doesn't take a hit.Watch the recruiting sites drop him to a 3* now.

They shouldnt based on a camp where there is no actual real time game action. He should be judged during the season vs live competition

Advertisement
Honestly I’d be very concerned if we didn’t have TVD and Jake on the roster.

there is zero evidence that Lashlee who hails from the Malzahn tree can properly evaluate and develop a quality qb.

look at some of the QBs that were at Auburn.. they all struggled mightily passing. Outside of Cam Newton, Nick Marshall might be the best out of the bunch. He was previously a DB at UGA.

Ive followed recruiting a long time and I can remember we were recruiting a Qb (under whipple) who signed with Auburn from Siloh Christian. Kiehl Fraizer. Highly touted kid who ended up doing a whole lot of nothing and transfered

Long story short, the Malzahn/Lashlee tree hasn’t done a great job in the Qb department. All of their success came from transfer QBs… Newton, Marshall, and Stidham. The guys they recruited from HS were hot garbage.

it will be interesting to see how things develop under lashlee once King graduates.

No, it isn't everything. It would be on this board had our guy been near the top of their rankings though.

No, it doesn't mean you'll be a good college QB, but there sure have been a **** of a lot of them that were very successful.

There's always going to be players that end up being a big deal that weren't ranked high or didn't attend this camp. That is inevitable or we would just be **** out of luck if we didn't get one from this camp or the top 20 tanked QB's. Same essentially with every position.

He isn't Lamar running the ball. Lamar is the outlier though as for every Lamar, there's a ton of prospects that never approached what he did.

He's a big question mark at QB in my opinion. Good thing is, we aren't asking him to be ready right away. Refine your game, learn behind some ahead of you, and after a few years we hope you're ready.

There's every reason to doubt this kid as a passer at this time and there's nothing wrong with that. Hes a project, most recruits are, but when you're the QB and a big component of that is passing, it's a concern. Hoping for the best in his development.
Jaccuri is very good running the ball, no he's not Lamar but he's a 6'4 220 LB QB with 4.61 speed Dude plays some of the best in Georgia and he absolutely torches them on the ground, in his Sophomore and Junior Season he has 2,700 Rushing Yards and 36TDs. I think he's a better runner then Deriq King. He's a legit Dual threat QB who you can build an offense around once he's developed. Even if he does fail at QB we can turn him into a Tight End. It's going to be the Garcia and TVD show for the next 3 to 4 years after King, so Brown wouldn't play for a long time anyways

Last edited:
They shouldnt based on a camp where there is no actual real time game action. He should be judged during the season vs live competition
While I somewhat agree, that's what these camps are used for. They're gauging how well a QB can throw the ball rather than his overall talent at the Elite 11.

Advertisement
Dudes an athlete. Will he ever be a starting qb here? Who knows but if not and he made a position change he could definitely be a player at a couple other positions

Elite 11 is not set up to showcase his strengths in anyway. Kids also not some rich suburban kid with parents who pay thousands of $$ for QB coaching his whole life. Watch him take off with proper reps and coaching at Miami. Still love him as our QB and can’t wait till he putting up monster numbers to revisit this thread.

No, it isn't everything. It would be on this board had our guy been near the top of their rankings though.

No, it doesn't mean you'll be a good college QB, but there sure have been a **** of a lot of them that were very successful.

There's always going to be players that end up being a big deal that weren't ranked high or didn't attend this camp. That is inevitable or we would just be **** out of luck if we didn't get one from this camp or the top 20 tanked QB's. Same essentially with every position.

He isn't Lamar running the ball. Lamar is the outlier though as for every Lamar, there's a ton of prospects that never approached what he did.

He's a big question mark at QB in my opinion. Good thing is, we aren't asking him to be ready right away. Refine your game, learn behind some ahead of you, and after a few years we hope you're ready.

There's every reason to doubt this kid as a passer at this time and there's nothing wrong with that. Hes a project, most recruits are, but when you're the QB and a big component of that is passing, it's a concern. Hoping for the best in his development.

I hear you but i also think a jump his senior year as far as a passer isn’t out of the question (not that you’re saying or implying it is). Our QB Anthony Richardson threw for 17 td’s to 6 ints as a junior on 48% completion but jumped to (in limited games because he got hurt) 8-1 td to int ratio on 64% completion percentage his senior year.

One of the things having TVD and Garcia already in the room allows you to do is take a high variance kid like Brown.

He’s a total wildcard prospect who has a gigantic ceiling due to his frame, rushing ability, pure arm strength, and competitive nature.

If he hits a right-tail outcome he could be a Heisman finalist type. If he hits his 50th percentile outcome he’s probably a useful backup who might transfer or contribute as a short yardage package QB. If he hits a left-end outcome he’s a bust.

Advertisement
So I see he threw 3 more passes per game his Jr yr vs. his Sophomore yr, which is not really opening up….so I’m going to assume the difference is not him getting more pass attempts, but rather him being allowed to throw the ball deeper or more routes than his previous yr, correct?
So route combinations were basically non existent. They'd line up and just pound the ball. If your db was too far off it was quick throw out every time. If backers too close slant. Thats what becane their issue whenever they played other top teams in state. Offense would stall and they couldn't adjust. Qb before jacurri was considered one of the best he ever had by head coach and hes a linebacker at Michigan now. They just wanted athletes with strong arms back there

So route combinations were basically non existent. They'd line up and just pound the ball. If your db was too far off it was quick throw out every time. If backers too close slant. Thats what becane their issue whenever they played other top teams in state. Offense would stall and they couldn't adjust. Qb before jacurri was considered one of the best he ever had by head coach and hes a linebacker at Michigan now. They just wanted athletes with strong arms back there

Got u; looking fwd to seeing him this yr & seeing how he develops. What a disservice to your star QB. Smh.

Then he should've been much more accurate as those are the easy throws. Even further, if they're not throwing the ball a ton, the defense will be keyed up for the run. So when you do throw the ball, it should increase the odds of catching them sleeping on the pass.
The issue is no one was developing jacurri as a qb. If he missed a few throws they'd just go run mode and most teams couldn't stop it. Against MNW jacurri threw a pick early and I don't remember a throw the rest of the game

The issue is no one was developing jacurri as a qb. If he missed a few throws they'd just go run mode and most teams couldn't stop it. Against MNW jacurri threw a pick early and I don't remember a throw the rest of the game
Great info, thanks for sharing. Is anything different now?

Advertisement
Great info, thanks for sharing. Is anything different now?
From what I hear yes. I'm military and left Valdosta last year. People really like the new coach and felt covid didn't let him get good time with the players. Watching the lowndes vs valdosta game on tv last season certain things definitely looked different but that was one game. I'm in Japan so no way in **** I got to watch other ones lol

I listened to an interview recently w his QB coach who I recall said he’s worked a lot on mechanics, footwork, and trusting staying in the pocket and going through progressions. Said his accuracy has improved a lot and that he’s going to be a real good QB at Miami. QB coach worked w Lawrence and somebody else big time, so his word seems to carry weight.
Just about every top QB out of Georgia has been coached by him.

Advertisement
If he hits his 50th percentile outcome he’s probably a useful backup who might transfer or contribute as a short yardage package QB. If

Exactly how i see it. The worst case for him is how Mullen used Emory Jones this year at UF.

Stop watching CNN, "white supremacy" and "racism" is not rampant or the "biggest threat to this country". Are there some racist people in the south? Of course, but there are racists in every part of this country and the world for that matter.

america finger GIF
Some of the worst racists I ever met were from Boston. I think South Boston. Really bad.

247 just posted his elite 11 highlights.
Obviously it was highlights, but he had lot of good looking throws.

The tools are there.

Imagine watching Jake Garcia look amazing in the spring game and hear reports of elite leadership and work ethic and then thinking Miami who has never made the playoff never won the ACC and only won the coastal what 1 1/2 times and been overall kind of irrelevant in the college football world and thinking this program would have the top high school qbs in the country banging our doors down.

this kid is the proverbial lump of clay. 4-5 years from now he could be this beautiful piece of pottery that lashlee and whoever comes after him develops into a high level college qb or he could be the ashtray we all made for our non smoking parents at summer camp that is a piece of crap but has sentimental value because it’s ours. This is the perfect type of qb recruit this cycle. How he turns out will greatly depend on his willingness to grind. I have to think that at the very least he becomes a factor at some point as a change of pace qb perhaps in short yardage or goal line where his athleticism can be utilized.

Advertisement
Back