Jaccuri on Elite 11 final roster.

Advertisement
seems very on-brand for Southern Cal to have a commit from Scott Farkus

I had a question for those who live in USA, particularly more of the Bible Belt and Florida ( I know those are two mutually exclusive region, with the panhandle overlapping).
I'm up in northern Canada, and I find it hard to ignore that the majority of these teams in the Bible Belt (I.e., SEC, Clemson, etc) really seem to go hard after particular dominant white QBs regardless of talent. The reason I bring this up is, even the ones that are very successful, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields, they end of transferring out.
Do you hear, or think there is, major pressure from the booster or even HC who still think that certain positions are based on racial profiling?

To be clear, when I played college ball up in Canada, I legit heard coaches say I want me DL to be all black, with no specific reason as to why, so I know this isn't specific to the area more to the game of football.

Not trying to hijack the thread, just analyzing a little bit, because I feel like with Miami, with it's history with the community in Liberty City, Overtown etc. it has more institutional cohesiveness with the African American community and a bit backed up by having since essentially Jacory Harris pretty well exclusive African American QBs and if this is something that the staff realize and work with?
Again not trying to hijack the thread just a dude from the Great White North trying to understand a culture I've never seen, been in or felt, other then CIS, media or people who travel or have lived there.

I had a question for those who live in USA, particularly more of the Bible Belt and Florida ( I know those are two mutually exclusive region, with the panhandle overlapping).
I'm up in northern Canada, and I find it hard to ignore that the majority of these teams in the Bible Belt (I.e., SEC, Clemson, etc) really seem to go hard after particular dominant white QBs regardless of talent. The reason I bring this up is, even the ones that are very successful, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields, they end of transferring out.
Do you hear, or think there is, major pressure from the booster or even HC who still think that certain positions are based on racial profiling?

To be clear, when I played college ball up in Canada, I legit heard coaches say I want me DL to be all black, with no specific reason as to why, so I know this isn't specific to the area more to the game of football.

Not trying to hijack the thread, just analyzing a little bit, because I feel like with Miami, with it's history with the community in Liberty City, Overtown etc. it has more institutional cohesiveness with the African American community and a bit backed up by having since essentially Jacory Harris pretty well exclusive African American QBs and if this is something that the staff realize and work with?
Again not trying to hijack the thread just a dude from the Great White North trying to understand a culture I've never seen, been in or felt, other then CIS, media or people who travel or have lived there.
I don’t think so. Deshawn Watson and Tua have both won national championships back to back. The best schools will go after the best players

Advertisement

Not my opinion, but what I know. There is a well documented history of Black QB's being less preferred. There are many more Black QB's yes, but there remains a very large segment of America that still prefers a White QB, in fact white everything to the degree of sacrificing many things we once held sacred. ****, you only need to look at the hysteria surrounding Tebow, white and religious dogma, to answer your question. FYI, I'm AA and my top QB's are AR12, Pat MaHomes, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Matt Stafford, Dak Prescott and Lamar Jackson.

Advertisement

Colleges coaches are going to go after whoever they believe will give them a better chance to win. The only color these programs care about is green.

Not my opinion, but what I know. There is a well documented history of Black QB's being less preferred. There are many more Black QB's yes, but there remains a very large segment of America that still prefers a White QB, in fact white everything to the degree of sacrificing many things we once held sacred. ****, you only need to look at the hysteria surrounding Tebow, white and religious dogma, to answer your question. FYI, I'm AA and my top QB's are AR12, Pat MaHomes, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Matt Stafford, Dak Prescott and Lamar Jackson.
LOL, your top QB's are half the league. Thanks for the info..............

Colleges coaches are going to go after whoever they believe will give them a better chance to win. The only color these programs care about is green.
I agree with this. Coaches need to win to continue to make $3-7 million/year and that requires the best players available.

Now change the issue and what is the answer;
Coach A (I can’t limit this to southern coaches) has black and white QB prospects that are equal in all respects. Does the coach then have a preference? And keep in mind this answer can go both directions as come black coaches may prefer to give the opportunity to a black QB.

Advertisement

Man, you mean good, but **** if the points you make don't sound harsh as ****. To your point, there is a well documented history Black QB's not being given a chance. But TODAY, it's completely different and black QB's are getting paid and that's kinda undeniable. Can we not give credit to America and the game of football for that?

You are in AA? That seems on brand and explains your takes on King and general porsting style. Good look with your sobriety.

Does the Ohio State commit have dyed blond hair and a mullet? Lord thats ugly even for Columbus, OH.

Advertisement
Does the Ohio State commit have dyed blond hair and a mullet? Lord thats ugly even for Columbus, OH.

That man just flaunting it lol!
1622653911386.png

The sec don’t give a shi about what color the qb is. They just want to win at any costs. Plenty of examples of talented black qbs in the Bible Belt. You think auburn would have rather have had a white qb then Newton winning the championship for them?

the boosters are paying for W’s

You are in AA? That seems on brand and explains your takes on King and general porsting style. Good look with your sobriety.
I can’t tell if this is serious or not.
he said he’s “aa” not ”in aa”

AA....African American

Brown isn’t know for his accuracy. He was under 50% completions his junior season. He’s a very raw prospect.
Not gonna lie that concerns me some. Just a HS Jr so no need to panic but under 50% HS QBs do give me pause. He was 48% for 14 TDs and 7 INTs. He is making these lists for a reason though so let's see what he can do.

/now someone will find one HOF QB who had a bad statistical year in HS and use it as rebuttal material, please save your time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back