Jaccuri on Elite 11 final roster.

A big thing with his development is that his first two seasons the offense was not built for a throwing qb. **** there were alot of games he'd throw only 4 or 5 times. Last season with new coach and offense he had his first chance to really throw the ball around.

Advertisement
A big thing with his development is that his first two seasons the offense was not built for a throwing qb. **** there were alot of games he'd throw only 4 or 5 times. Last season with new coach and offense he had his first chance to really throw the ball around.

He threw the ball 190x his sophomore yr & 184x last season as a Jr. 🤔

I listened to an interview recently w his QB coach who I recall said he’s worked a lot on mechanics, footwork, and trusting staying in the pocket and going through progressions. Said his accuracy has improved a lot and that he’s going to be a real good QB at Miami. QB coach worked w Lawrence and somebody else big time, so his word seems to carry weight.

Advertisement
He’s a running qb participating in a throwing competition… did we expect something else? He’s got three years to improve his accuracy, but even if he doesn’t whatever, Cam won a title and is barely a 50% passer.

Good thing is we’re not counting on this kid to play any time soon. Still ha a long way to go.
Good thing is Miami wouldn't be counting on any in coming true freshman to play anytime soon. They ALL have a long ways to go. Not just Jaccuri. . .

Advertisement
Good thing is Miami wouldn't be counting on any in coming true freshman to play anytime soon. They ALL have a long ways to go. Not just Jaccuri. . .
Good thing indeed. Especially seeing as we have Jake Garcia and hopefully Tyler Aronson comes in. From everything I've heard about Brown up to this... he might want to consider leaving the position of QB. I expect to see a drop in rankings for him.

Looks like UM's 2022 QB commit Jaccurri Brown Elite 11 Final ranking had him dead last at #20 after the 3 days of head to head QB competition.

Go Canes

He's really dialed into what we are trying to do. Staff view him as the unequivocal leader of the class. I'm stoked to have him on board.

Elite 11 isn't everything, it doesn't mean you will be a good college QB. Numerous elite 11 winners went on to be horrible College QBs. And countless QBs who couldn't even make the elite 11 went on to have success. Jaccuri is a run first QB.. Do you guys think Lamar Jackson would of even made it to the elite competition in high school? No and he turned out to be pretty good

Advertisement
He’s a running qb participating in a throwing competition… did we expect something else? He’s got three years to improve his accuracy, but even if he doesn’t whatever, Cam won a title and is barely a 50% passer.
Cam was 67% in college. This kid ain't Cam. At least not yet... His completion % will more than likely look a lot closer to Lamar's

Most of those early years were quick screens and slants. If lowndes ran anything over 15 yards it was a **** miracle

So I see he threw 3 more passes per game his Jr yr vs. his Sophomore yr, which is not really opening up….so I’m going to assume the difference is not him getting more pass attempts, but rather him being allowed to throw the ball deeper or more routes than his previous yr, correct?

Advertisement
This is why I didn't like this kid anywhere near the elite 11.Hopefully his confidence doesn't take a hit.Watch the recruiting sites drop him to a 3* now.

Most of those early years were quick screens and slants. If lowndes ran anything over 15 yards it was a **** miracle

Then he should've been much more accurate as those are the easy throws. Even further, if they're not throwing the ball a ton, the defense will be keyed up for the run. So when you do throw the ball, it should increase the odds of catching them sleeping on the pass.

Elite 11 isn't everything, it doesn't mean you will be a good college QB. Numerous elite 11 winners went on to be horrible College QBs. And countless QBs who couldn't even make the elite 11 went on to have success. Jaccuri is a run first QB.. Do you guys think Lamar Jackson would of even made it to the elite competition in high school? No and he turned out to be pretty good

No, it isn't everything. It would be on this board had our guy been near the top of their rankings though.

No, it doesn't mean you'll be a good college QB, but there sure have been a **** of a lot of them that were very successful.

There's always going to be players that end up being a big deal that weren't ranked high or didn't attend this camp. That is inevitable or we would just be **** out of luck if we didn't get one from this camp or the top 20 tanked QB's. Same essentially with every position.

He isn't Lamar running the ball. Lamar is the outlier though as for every Lamar, there's a ton of prospects that never approached what he did.

He's a big question mark at QB in my opinion. Good thing is, we aren't asking him to be ready right away. Refine your game, learn behind some ahead of you, and after a few years we hope you're ready.

There's every reason to doubt this kid as a passer at this time and there's nothing wrong with that. Hes a project, most recruits are, but when you're the QB and a big component of that is passing, it's a concern. Hoping for the best in his development.

Advertisement
Back