Jaccuri is not hurt

Advertisement
If TVD is healthy then he should be the guy. Now if he's still in pretty bad shape moving forward then that's a different story.
TVDs mistakes weren’t because he was hurt. He just doesn’t have it mentally right now. He’s playing like Eyore out there.

Mostly a joke yes. But being non-sober also makes it seem like it isn't a terrible idea.

1) TVD is cooked. Mentally he is not there. His hand or leg injury weren't the cause of his terrible decision making, and thereby poor play.
2) Jacurri may suck, but consider the fact that he's had an entire offseason with the program now. Last year he was a true frosh. Hopefully he's used this time to improve.
3) Jaccuri was good enough for us to beat Georgia Tech last year
4) No tape on him in a Dawson offense yet
5) offers another dimension, as he can run, unlike TVD who's slower than mi madre
6) yes, he was the one who requested the redshirt, but he wont be losing it in this case.
7) much improved oline should give him more time to process, which helps young QB's.

Seriously, if TVD comes out next week and throws an INT, he just needs to get benched for either Emory or Jacurri.
Just stop. Jacurri will not play a down this year. He is not a good QB and was passed up by Emory.

1698586886993.gif

Mostly a joke yes. But being non-sober also makes it seem like it isn't a terrible idea.

1) TVD is cooked. Mentally he is not there. His hand or leg injury weren't the cause of his terrible decision making, and thereby poor play.
2) Jacurri may suck, but consider the fact that he's had an entire offseason with the program now. Last year he was a true frosh. Hopefully he's used this time to improve.
3) Jaccuri was good enough for us to beat Georgia Tech last year
4) No tape on him in a Dawson offense yet
5) offers another dimension, as he can run, unlike TVD who's slower than mi madre
6) yes, he was the one who requested the redshirt, but he wont be losing it in this case.
7) much improved oline should give him more time to process, which helps young QB's.

Seriously, if TVD comes out next week and throws an INT, he just needs to get benched for either Emory or Jacurri.
I agree with everything you said about Brown. You can’t win games with Emory consistently because you can’t produce enough offense with him. The games Brown played in last year, We didn’t lose any games because of him. We lost games because of our defense was horrible and a depleted offense line, RBs and WRs hurt and our trash OC. Even if we had a gameplan of straight RPOs and read options with Brown and our RBs and Oline while moving Smith around, teams would have to put 8 in the box and we can go play action and bomb them. He gives us the best chance to win out. Also, our **** defense could actually rest a bit. He has 4 games to play and the bowl game

Advertisement
I agree with everything you said about Brown. You can’t win games with Emory consistently because you can’t produce enough offense with him. The games Brown played in last year, We didn’t lose any games because of him. We lost games because of our defense was horrible and a depleted offense line, RBs and WRs hurt and our trash OC. Even if we had a gameplan of straight RPOs and read options with Brown and our RBs and Oline while moving Smith around, teams would have to put 8 in the box and we can go play action and bomb them. He gives us the best chance to win out. Also, our **** defense could actually rest a bit. He has 4 games to play and the bowl game
So we have 3 QBs that can't produce enough offense right now... what a disaster.... sounds like the OC will need to do a better job scheming us to wins going forward...

Every team we play looks more organized on offense than we do...

Shocked that people are still calling for TVD to start. He’s the worst QB we’ve had in a while. Lashlee dumbed down the offense for him and we had Rambo in 2021. That was an outlier. He is a low IQ player who gets frazzled easily. I’m sure he practices great but he becomes a huge liability on game day. Our scheme to succeed involves marginalizing him as much as possible. It’s ******* nuts!!
Who on the roster do you think would play better?

You can't produce enough offense with Emory??....Lol...Stop it. There's not a throw he can't make. For Kosar and Testaverde, not to mention his teammates & coaches to rant and rave about him, tells me all I want to know.

What games did you watch? JB was. 50% passer in a dumbed down offense. He gives us the least chance to win, because in today’s game you need to throw downfield. He was so bad last year he himself asked for a redshirt to get better. What is the obsession with Jacurri? WTF?

Advertisement
do you know how uneducated it comes off asking for our third string QB to start the next 4 games despite taking no snaps all year and with FSU and Louisville (and NC State for that matter) coming up?
Just to add...

A 3rd string QB with extremely limited passing ability at this phase of his development.

TVDs mistakes weren’t because he was hurt. He just doesn’t have it mentally right now. He’s playing like Eyore out there.
Some of them for sure are. There’s bad decisions but there’s also issues with driving the ball because of three injuries. Ligament damage in index finger which is big in itself. Then there’s a knee injury and another injury with his core. Which is the most painful. All three of those have a hand in pushing the ball down field. Below is an example of what I mean, it’s the first Int. He has X open by 2-3 steps and is a throw Tvd has made in his sleep through the years. The deep ball is his strength. The ball has no steam and X has to come to a compete stop. It’s picked off. The spacing is also bad by George which has nothing to do with the pick but it‘s still an iseue. If he’s not able to make this throw anymore what are we doing?

885D99B5-EBAF-4BA8-8910-EEE620EC2599.png
7A77D270-845C-488C-9D3C-150A3CE7B133.png

Last edited:
Some of them for sure are. There’s bad decisions but there’s also issues with driving the ball because of three injuries. Ligament damage in index finger which is big in itself. Then there’s a knee injury and another injury with his core. Which is the most painful. All three of those have a hand in pushing the ball down field. Below is an example of what I mean, it’s the first Int. He has X open by 2-3 steps and is a throw Tvd has made in his sleep through the years. The deep ball is his strength. The ball has no steam and X has to come to a compete stop. It’s picked off. The spacing is also bad by George which has nothing to do with the pick but it‘s still an iseue.

View attachment 263449View attachment 263450
I honestly think it’s kind of ****ed up to play TVD. We saw how good he can be vs tamu and that was with a messed up finger. That’s the best you’re gonna get from him. I think it does all parties a disservice to play van dyke until he’s healthier.

Play Williams, use JB in select packages with a wrinkle or two. I honestly think our run game with Brown could provide a (hate to say it) Tebow like dynamic that the turds had his freshman year. He also has an energizing presence. Get a little creative for god sakes. I am happy to be 6-2. Should be 7-1… let’s get a w next week

Advertisement
I honestly think it’s kind of ****ed up to play TVD. We saw how good he can be vs tamu and that was with a messed up finger. That’s the best you’re gonna get from him. I think it does all parties a disservice to play van dyke until he’s healthier.

Play Williams, use JB in select packages with a wrinkle or two. I honestly think our run game with Brown could provide a (hate to say it) Tebow like dynamic that the turds had his freshman year. He also has an energizing presence. Get a little creative for god sakes. I am happy to be 6-2. Should be 7-1… let’s get a w next week
At this point he’s damned if you do and damned if ya don’t. That’s why I say give him the first half next week and if it continues move on .

I’d honestly like to see Jacurri play. It’s not like TVD or Emory are throwing deep balls. Only quick bubble screens and short passes. I’m sure Jacurri can do that AND run if need be

Advertisement
I wonder what, if anything, Dawson learned about the history of the Veer Offense during his 4 years at WVU.

Shocked that people are still calling for TVD to start. He’s the worst QB we’ve had in a while. Lashlee dumbed down the offense for him and we had Rambo in 2021. That was an outlier. He is a low IQ player who gets frazzled easily. I’m sure he practices great but he becomes a huge liability on game day. Our scheme to succeed involves marginalizing him as much as possible. It’s ******* nuts!!
Do people forget the QBs we've had in recent years? Jarren Williams, Malik Rosier, N'Kosi Perry, Jacurri's starts last year, etc. C'mon people. TVD is not without flaws but MOST of this board was all about the kid his first year with Lashlee and he's put up big yards in certain games this year. He's not without flaws but acting like he's the worst QB is absurd.

The last 3 weeks are a very odd INT trend that he hasn't shown before. He's never thrown multiple INTs in back to back games but has now in 3 straight. UNC has his number as he's had 6 INTs against them over the past 3 years (15 against the other 22 opponents). Something is "off" and he's an easy target bc of his personality......but it's up to these coaches to make it comfortable for him and allow him to put up the stats he did earlier this year. A&M was the best D we played and he lit their *** up.

I just went back and watched the 2nd half of that Clemson game again. There's nothing in there that makes me think we could outscore FSU running that offense.

At this point he’s damned if you do and damned if ya don’t. That’s why I say give him the first half next week and if it continues move on .
but that's a disservice to Emory bc then you want him to come in and clean up TVDs mess? n assuming TVD starts he's getting most reps with the 1s in practice right? so Emory won't have those much needed reps

but that's a disservice to Emory bc then you want him to come in and clean up TVDs mess? n assuming TVD starts he's getting most reps with the 1s in practice right? so Emory won't have those much needed reps
It’s actually the opposite. If TVD were to stink it up it puts Emory in a no lose situation. He’s just coming in and playing. Emory has been getting majority of the snaps the last two weeks so I wouldn’t worry about that either.

Regardless I doubt it happens. I just think with the injuries and bad play Tvd is in a bad spot. It’s pretty obvious.

Advertisement
Back