Jaccuri Brown is not hurt

Advertisement
I always thought he’d be a long-term development type. This is all too premature.

@RedSquare what can they do to try to work on Jacurri’s accuracy that has actually been done with success with others?
JB’s issues are more than just accuracy. He’s seeing things late and made a couple ill-advised throws in the middle of the field , which is never good. Tbh I think that can hurt accuracy too. Rushing when you’re at the end of your progressions and the clock in your head is going off.

Last edited:
Whats the answer in your opinion?

At this point I think its two-fold:

1) Hope that Mario can thread the needle with a portal pick up.

2) Pray that TVD does not miss any time this season.

Basically, hope and prayer. lol

Seriously though, this is roster mismanagement by Mario IMO. From the outside looking in, my guess is that Mario didnt really care for Garcia and was not willing to give him any kind of credence this offseason, so Garcia left. I was on record saying that Garcia should have been declared the clear QB2 coming into spring. That may have been enough for him to stick around until the new OC was hired.

Im of the opinion that Garcia could thrive in this current offense.

At this point I think its two-fold:

1) Hope that Mario can thread the needle with a portal pick up.

2) Pray that TVD does not miss any time this season.

Basically, hope and prayer. lol

Seriously though, this is roster mismanagement by Mario IMO. From the outside looking in, my guess is that Mario didnt really care for Garcia and was not willing to give him any kind of credence this offseason, so Garcia left. I was on record saying that Garcia should have been declared the clear QB2 coming into spring. That may have been enough for him to stick around until the new OC was hired.

Im of the opinion that Garcia could thrive in this current offense.
Maybe but @OrangeBowlMagic said he’s not doing well at Mizzou and I’ve read that previously on here.

I’m not sure who we could get as a transfer who wants to be QB2 that would be decent unless it’s a guy with a few years of eligibility left and doesn’t like where they’re at for whatever reason.

Advertisement
I don’t see Williams as a disastrous #2. This is the portal world. Good teams might have a TF #2.

But Williams looks more like a #2 than Brown. I think they’d have to completely redesign things to maximize Brown and we can’t do that. Brown looks like a guy that is only functional in an offense that completely relies on running to make passing easy. We’re talking an updated version of old wishbone type stuff. He I had appeared non-functional as a thrower.

JB’s issues are more than just accuracy. He’s seeing things late and made a couple ill-advised throws in the middle of the field , which is never good. Tbh I think that can hurt accuracy too. Rushing when you’re at the end of your progressions and the click in your head is going off.
said differently, he looked lost.

Advertisement
The current problem as I see it, and correct me if my thinking is wrong (as it usually is), the only QB's that get any kind of notable development are QB1 & QB2. Given this, if Brown is listed as QB2 it will slow Williams' development. At this point, which prospect has a higher likelihood of developing into a legit QB1? Should they not be given the extra development reps at QB2?

Advertisement
I hope to be wrong, but this guy is going to be the next Robert Burns. Not with the injuries, but how some people just never accept that they aren't going to be what they thought or wanted them to be at their position. Both are by all accounts, incredible individuals. Burns injuries, Brown should switch positions. I didn't see the spring game, but I saw enough last year to say as much then.

Advertisement
He looked super raw last season. I’d give him Atleast another redshirt year at qb. Others said you take away his best element with running during a controlled scrimmage.

If he looks like this next spring I’ll get concerned, until then let him grind. Kids a hard worker and a gamer , i don’t bet against guys like that, especially those with his athletic ability / physical talent. I don’t think some realized how raw he really was.

Yep. Certain guys, for whatever reason, are better in games than in practice. Obviously that’s not ideal as you want a player to show it in practice as well but in some cases, that’s how it is. I could be wrong, but i feel he may be better the more he plays than the more he sits but he does need this year to sit but have a package every game for him

Advertisement
Back