Jaccuri Brown is not hurt

There is going to be a lot dudes eating crow when it comes to Brown.

He needs the right offense and the right coaching which I’m hoping he finally has at Miami.

His ceiling is a heisman winner. If he doesn’t reach it, it’s on the coaches. He appears to have all the intangibles. I really hope people/coaches stay patient with him and let him develop.

Advertisement
Do something about it.
Blue Lot.gif

Advertisement
There is going to be a lot dudes eating crow when it comes to Brown.

He needs the right offense and the right coaching which I’m hoping he finally has at Miami.

His ceiling is a heisman winner. If he doesn’t reach it, it’s on the coaches. He appears to have all the intangibles. I really hope people/coaches stay patient with him and let him develop.

He can’t complete a pass but it’s on the coaches if he doesn’t win a Heisman?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

I don’t see them dropping TVD. The dude’s gonna get crushed if he keeps holding the ball like that.

I think he will be more comfortable with the offense by the time fall comes around.

I liked some of the route combos last night although I’m sure what we saw was like 10-20% of what it would actually look like.

Seemed to me also they weren’t going full speed and wanted to prevent any further injuries

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not sure what y’all expected. We always knew that he was best served taking a redshirt year this year bc he’s nowhere near game ready. I thought he looked a little better, honestly. Offense seems to work well for him.

Advertisement
I was blown away when I heard that Jacurri Brown was going to come into spring as the #2 QB ahead of Jake Garcia. I thought I was the only one who felt that JB was an extremely low percentage project at QB. Now that Garcia is gone and the Canes do not have viable QB2 on the roster, we're now seeing D$ reporting that Mario is searching for portal QB to come in and accept being QB2. That seems to be an unlikely scenario for success IMO. What QB that we'd actually want would make that move?

Here is a collection of every comment on Jacurri Brown from the Spring Game Thread.

I hope Brown has learned how to pass.

That was a duck by brown

Brown is not nearly good enough with deep passes for y’all to be anointing him “so good we don’t need an elite QB this cycle”.

I’ve been seeing a lot of folks doing their best to convince themselves about J.Brown.

Love the kid.. but we are in deep **** if TVD gets hurt, and when he leaves in 2024.

Emory #2? 👀

There’s no debate as to which one is better...

People just make the same mistake of falling for Spring Hype campaigns every year & crowning guys before they earn it.

If we’re going to be running an Offense that throws the ball more than 15 times a game, Jacurri is at least 2 years away from being a sufficient enough passer to compete in the ACC.

We were always gonna need a Portal QB for the 24 season.

Emory is better than JB as a QB.

If Brown isn’t ready to be a starter and win games in 2024, then he’s never gonna be. That’s year 3 out of HS. If the lights aren’t on yet, and people feel like they won’t be, he may as well move positions now.

There we go Jacurri.

He still has Happy feet though.

That wasn’t good. Come on 11

TVDs year but I’ve firmly been in the camp that next year Emory is the guy if TVD bolts.

Unless we get a big time transfer.

Brown can’t throw

Sorry.... Brown is not the dude. 😢

Jaccuri looks no different then last year, I get it's just a spring game but he's terrible tonight.

Nope. He’s a runner. Gadget QB. Maybe has a future in a true read option run offense

Jacurri still needs to work on his pocket presence and foot work

Unless Brown can get a QB that can work miracles during the summer.. I think Emory should be #2.

Jacurri Brown can’t hit anything still. He’s nowhere near ready to play. Emory Williams might be a better option as the #2 QB.

Man get Jaccuri off the field, let Emory play.

Terrible throw, Ray Ray wide open.

show me some more Emory

Brown cannot throw.

Emory looks better at this point.

Ok Brown is trash no one will fix him. He will go to a smaller school light it up cause the comp will be to low for those legs. Then fans will say we should of kept him then he doesn't get drafted and we were right. Kid can't throw it he should be in there for running. I do like the way he carries himself he's a good dude though

Move brown to RB,

I hate to say this. It’s kills me…

Jacurri needs to change positions.

Hopefully Georgia St has a backup QB for us

We look better than last year. That’s good news. That being said, we need serious help in the portal. My excitement for Brown went out the window. I am questioning everything I heard about Brown improving.

I said it last year Brown is far from being playable. I dnt think he needs to change positions but dude is far away from being an average college qb. His ceiling might be a poor mans Anthony Brown.

You can’t write JB off because of this scrimmage.

He’s not going to become a pinpoint passer in three months and 12 practices. No telling if he ever develops or not into an accurate passer, but to write him off already is stupid. He’s a grinder and seems to have a great attitude. That will help him. The rest is just unknown.

I didn’t watch the game but I was talking to a couple people earlier today telling them Emory is easily the second best passer on the team. Hes further along than Brown especially with accuracy and touch. If we got down late, having to pass after losing Tvd to injury you put Emory in if you want to win. That’s why I’ve been saying since last season Brown needs time and should spend the entire season redshirting ,working on his pocket game.

We really need to add a backup qb for the ‘23 season.

If he’s ever our starting QB, I’m sure Dawson would run a **** ton more read option.

Advertisement
I was blown away when I heard that Jacurri Brown was going to come into spring as the #2 QB ahead of Jake Garcia. I thought I was the only one who felt that JB was an extremely low percentage project at QB. Now that Garcia is gone and the Canes do not have viable QB2 on the roster, we're now seeing D$ reporting that Mario is searching for portal QB to come in and accept being QB2. That seems to be an unlikely scenario for success IMO. What QB that we'd actually want would make that move?

Here is a collection of every comment on Jacurri Brown from the Spring Game Thread.
Whats the answer in your opinion?

The FSU kid who could only run made a big turnaround the last year, there's always hope for Jacurri. Kid seems like a smart, hard-worker who takes direction willingly - not ready to throw in the towel yet.
I always thought he’d be a long-term development type. This is all too premature.

@RedSquare what can they do to try to work on Jacurri’s accuracy that has actually been done with success with others?

Garcia is worse imo he was always trash even coming out of HS. I rather have Brown than him

The FSU kid who could only run made a big turnaround the last year, there's always hope for Jacurri. Kid seems like a smart, hard-worker who takes direction willingly - not ready to throw in the towel yet.

Nobody should be. He was in high school this time last year. His story is nowhere near written. But I’ve been saying for 6 months now, 2023 has to be what 2022 should’ve been. A total reset. A complete redshirt, learning, and being coached season. See what you’ve got in 2024. If TVD gets hurt, we’re dead. Same as last year. And no portal QB we get now is gonna change that. If they can convince someone, awesome. But this season will go as TVD goes. If he gets hurt, see ya in 2024.

Advertisement
Back