J.Will

Advertisement
This is what social media has done. It created opinions from fans that were kept in living rooms and stadiums. Now you have dumb asses (myself included) saying stupid sh and they read it. How could you not be tempted to fire back? I know I would.

He probably reading all negative things and that hurts this program. I used to think it didn’t but it does I haven’t gone full mope cause of it. Being as patient as I can be and I have no patience.
Exactly this!

These players get killed on social media for every mistake. Little or big. Fair or not. His post is directed at all those people.

Probably the most improved player on the entire team. He's been awesome this year.
Guidry addressed it in the PC but in what world was that a 15 yard penalty when he threw Armstrong on his ***** ***?

Dude was playing like a psychopath out there and I loved it. The last play was rough but his season has been a big bright spot

Advertisement
Guidry addressed it in the PC but in what world was that a 15 yard penalty when he threw Armstrong on his ***** ***?

Dude was playing like a psychopath out there and I loved it. The last play was rough but his season has been a big bright spot
Everyone knows Armstrong is a ****y fu*k. And what happens to ****y fu*ks,they occasionally get throw on their a**.Kids becoming a throwback, hope it’s real. We are in dire need of that toughness, that edge, that leadership.let’s play it out, could be fun.#CANESNATIONLIFER🙌🏽

Look I've defended James Williams a long time…Even through the penalties I've been a fan and think he's gotten a little better every year. And I actually think he is having an excellent season overall and have said it many times on this board week-to-weke. Has taken a clear step forward this year, and because of his versatility I think has a chance to go in rounds 2-3 of the draft.

But I don't understand how these kids make tweets like this…After BRUTALLY MISSING THAT TACKLE AND GETTING PUNKED on the game sealing drive by NC State. We needed to hold them to a field goal to have a chance and he basically was man-to-man embarrassed by their back.

I'd be so angry with myself right now I couldn't be spoken to all week...

My god it's a different world today…These kids really have inflated opinions of themselves…Makes you wonder if he even realizes how important that play was.

He's a moron and extremely selfish. The coaches don't ever sit him so he'll
just keep doing it. #howyoudoanythingishowyoudoeverything

Seeing James Williams play so fundamentally sound all season then lose his cool on that missed big hit attempt last week told me that it's all about frustration. I fully understand where the kid is coming from. The defense gave up 17 points in a night game on the road in the ACC. That should be enough to win the game. Instead they had to try to make big hits and get another takeaway to compensate for poor coaching and dismal QB play.

I'll roll with James Williams on my squad any **** day.

Advertisement
Social media has trashed this game. JW is a great player and person but I don't understand tweets of individuality after a loss

If you are of a certain age and generation.

I would strongly advise not trying to understand this social media/Tic Tok era kids.

They all do it. They can’t and will not see it the way we do. They aren’t build like that.

Everything is about social media likes and clout. You stressing yourself out trying to understand it.

F*ckin Restrepo after fsu WR CATCHES THE GAME WINNER AGAINST US 2 YEARS AGO....RAN TO SOCIAL MEDIA TO STATE THAT THE KID WAS..."goated"

I promise you im in my 30s and if he was on my team he honestly may have gotten punched in the lockeroom for that tweet by someone on the teams i played on.

These kids are just different. They do EVERYTHING for the likes and content.

Wow. I’m amazed at how the majority of the commenters missed the point of the OP. It’s not about JW’s play. It’s about JW making a “look at me” tweet the day after we lost to those redneck clowns. The tweet itself is pretty benign, it’s just completely tone deaf and lacks awareness. It’s like when a guy spikes the ball and does a dance after scoring a TD late in the 4th Q trailing by 20. That’s it.

100% over so many heads. Willful ignorance and lack of honest/critical thinking is outstanding in here. The defending and rationalization of Williams’ play is next level **** on CIS. They defend this dude with Back the Blue level passion no matter what he does. If Flagg did some of the foolishness that no. 20 has done these people would be on here cursing the entire city of Houston for it.

Advertisement
Social media has trashed this game. JW is a great player and person but I don't understand tweets of individuality after a loss
What’s great about him as a player? Other than being tall for no reason, what’s special about him? Big hits from time to time, but he rarely makes game changing plays. I believe he’s responsible for exactly 1 turnover this year, which to his credit was a big one against Clemson. I just don’t see what others see. He’s a feast or famine guy, wildly inconsistent and reckless, not in a good way.

What’s great about him as a player? Other than being tall for no reason, what’s special about him? Big hits from time to time, but he rarely makes game changing plays. I believe he’s responsible for exactly 1 turnover this year, which to his credit was a big one against Clemson. I just don’t see what others see. He’s a feast or famine guy, wildly inconsistent and reckless, not in a good way.
He's playing now more consistently something I expected to see last season but I said great player not elite

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back