J.Will

skeeter

Junior
Premium
Look I've defended James Williams a long time…Even through the penalties I've been a fan and think he's gotten a little better every year. And I actually think he is having an excellent season overall and have said it many times on this board week-to-weke. Has taken a clear step forward this year, and because of his versatility I think has a chance to go in rounds 2-3 of the draft.

But I don't understand how these kids make tweets like this…After BRUTALLY MISSING THAT TACKLE AND GETTING PUNKED on the game sealing drive by NC State. We needed to hold them to a field goal to have a chance and he basically was man-to-man embarrassed by their back.

I'd be so angry with myself right now I couldn't be spoken to all week...

My god it's a different world today…These kids really have inflated opinions of themselves…Makes you wonder if he even realizes how important that play was.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Look I've defended James Williams a long time…Even through the penalties I've been a fan and think he's gotten a little better every year. And I actually think he is having an excellent season overall and have said it many times on this message during the season Has taken a clear step forward this year, and because of his versatility I think has a chance to go in rounds 2-3 of the draft.

But I don't understand how these kids make tweets like this…After BRUTALLY MISSING THAT TACKLE AND GETTING PUNKED on the game sealing drive by NC State. We needed to hold them to a field goal to have a chance and he basically was man-to-man embarrassed by their back.

I'd be so angry with myself right now I couldn't be spoken to all week...

My god it's a different world today…These kids really have inflated opinions of themselves…Makes you wonder if he even realizes how important that play was.

J Will didn't cost us that game. EVEN if we hold them to an FG, TVD threw two more INTs so what makes anyone think we were going to score on NCSt?

I didn't say he cost us the game

You are clearly missing the point
Ok.

J Will made some great plays then also cost us two TDs, not 1. Yes, Wesley was likely responsible for the FB but the Safety is there for a reason.

Advertisement
These kids grew up on drake and they get attacked by trolls/our fans (not saying you but I would hope you are aware other fans DO contact these kids even if they playing well in heat of moment making a bad play)/other team fans posing as ours/etc. This is how the "express" themselves, thru social media, they grew up with it, they live on it. Most wont understand but it is what it is..

Its not inflated opinion, its just how it is.

Our defense is the reason we are 6-3 and not 2-7. I'll give most of them a pass on **** like this. Williams especially has had more good plays than bad this season and his effort is there. He hits hard and is a menace. Can't wait to see him knock some Tallahassee clowns around this weekend. We may lose but at least I get that little bit of joy.

No disagreement there. Maybe instead of 3-6…Love the overall direction the defenses is heading.
Guidry MUST be retained. He has assembled a championship caliber squad and knows how to coach 'em up. I will be watching that Clempson goal-line stand several times this offseason. If we can get an offense going, we are competing with the best.

Advertisement
James Williams is playing like the player we all expected him to be. He’s everywhere. 1 missed tackle and a bad horse collar bs call ain’t the reason we lost. He’s made countless winning plays this year.

J Will didn't cost us that game. EVEN if we hold them to an FG, TVD threw two more INTs so what makes anyone think we were going to score on NCSt?
Who gives a **** if he didn't cost Miami the game? Give effort and make the tackle. Oh and stop getting 15 yard penalties every single **** game.

James Williams is playing like the player we all expected him to be. He’s everywhere. 1 missed tackle and a bad horse collar bs call ain’t the reason we lost. He’s made countless winning plays this year.

Didn't say it was reason we lost…And didn't even bring up the horse caller…Horse collars happen and he was trying to stop a big player from turning into a TD. It happens.

Advertisement
Who gives a **** if he didn't cost Miami the game? Give effort and make the tackle. Oh and stop getting 15 yard penalties every single **** game.

He didn't cost us the game because our Offense was offensive with 6 total points.

Assuming JWill tackles both RBs, NCSt likely kicks two FGs making the score 12-6.

JWill doesn't have a 15-yarder every game but we don't have another SS on the roster.

He didn't cost us the game because our Offense was offensive with 6 total points.

Assuming JWill tackles both RBs, NCSt likely kicks two FGs making the score 12-6.

JWill doesn't have a 15-yarder every game but we don't have another SS on the roster.
Sorry, I wasn't being literal. I was hoping you would understand that. But he has had 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties against NC State and GT. Go back on the gameday threads, and in each thread, posters are saying things like, "waiting for the inevitable James Williams 15 yard penalty". **** like that doesn't simply get made up. We all know that James Williams has a problem with his emotions and he commits stupid 15 yard penalties. Say that he doesn't.

Again, not about it costing us the game, because no it didn't…About my surprise at him tweeting that NOW…after that play. It's mind-boggling to me.

But in all fairness…13-6, if a field goal was good…At least gives the option to mix in a few runs if we are going to break down the whole gameplay structure.

Advertisement
Probably the most improved player on the entire team. He's been awesome this year.

Lots of improvement which makes the losses that much tougher to eat.
My big improvers:
Rivers has been a blessing at LT.
Cooper at RG.
Young & George at WR.
JHH at DT.
JW at S.

James Williams is a fuqin human being, fellas. He's not a robot. He putting his all into this team. Players gone fuq up. He's made extraordinary improvement in all facets of his game and he's cleaned up far more tackles from other missed tackles more than he's missed, all season.

The negative comments on this sole play because fans are in their emotions about the TEAMS(QB&HC) lack thereof is unbecoming and lame.

Him missing that tackle was not and should name be a talking point in any of the fans post game criticism and discussion. Defense been playing lights out all year outside of ONE quarter.

All the flack I'm seeing the young man get is egregious and unwarranted. Guidry and Addae should be the only 1s on his *** bout his fuq ups.

I have no issues with James. He messes up and gets caught up in his emotions and lack of self control with costly penalties, but he plays with a chip and an edge. He gives a **** every time he's out there. I think he is going to become a big time player in the NFL with better coaching. JMO of course.

Advertisement
Back