J.Will

James Williams is a fuqin human being, fellas. He's not a robot. He putting his all into this team. Players gone fuq up. He's made extraordinary improvement in all facets of his game and he's cleaned up far more tackles from other missed tackles more than he's missed, all season.

The negative comments on this sole play because fans are in their emotions about the TEAMS(QB&HC) lack thereof is unbecoming and lame.

Him missing that tackle was not and should name be a talking point in any of the fans post game criticism and discussion. Defense been playing lights out all year outside of ONE quarter.

All the flack I'm seeing the young man get is egregious and unwarranted. Guidry and Addae should be the only 1s on his *** bout his fuq ups.
I was one of the most critical people of James Williams the past couple of years. He is a completely different player this year. He has shown massive improvement this year.

The game should never have come down to him having to make the tackle in the first place. ****, he already shown he can do it when it actually ******* matters (Clemson anyone? Remember he made that game saving tackle in the open field).

The defense and anyone on it is the very last thing us fans should be critical of this season. If we had even the slightest clue on offense we should have been able to score at least 2 ******* TDs against a very mediocre NC State team.

Advertisement
I was one of the most critical people of James Williams the past couple of years. He is a completely different player this year. He has shown massive improvement this year.

The game should never have come down to him having to make the tackle in the first place. ****, he already shown he can do it when it actually ******* matters (Clemson anyone? Remember he made that game saving tackle in the open field).

The defense and anyone on it is the very last thing us fans should be critical of this season. If we had even the slightest clue on offense we should have been able to score at least 2 ******* TDs against a very mediocre NC State team.

Precisely. I started middle linebacker from lil league minors all the way to 1 year in college then I quit football. I will forever be hyper critical of defensive players and coaches because its my side of the game.

Over 60 FBS teams AVERAGE over 30 points a game. Our defense is playing **** good football.

Their mistakes are magnified and our expectations of that unit rise to unbelievable heights because of the inability of the offense to score points. It's unfair criticism in relativity.

This is exactly what I said Saturday but some ****tits wanted to pick fights with me. Not once did I say he cost us the game. It's 3 years of continued stupidity that I have had enough with. Then has the balls to go to social media.

Last edited:
SmartSelect_20231105_093649_Video Player.gif

Advertisement
Look I've defended James Williams a long time…Even through the penalties I've been a fan and think he's gotten a little better every year. And I actually think he is having an excellent season overall and have said it many times on this board week-to-weke. Has taken a clear step forward this year, and because of his versatility I think has a chance to go in rounds 2-3 of the draft.

But I don't understand how these kids make tweets like this…After BRUTALLY MISSING THAT TACKLE AND GETTING PUNKED on the game sealing drive by NC State. We needed to hold them to a field goal to have a chance and he basically was man-to-man embarrassed by their back.

I'd be so angry with myself right now I couldn't be spoken to all week...

My god it's a different world today…These kids really have inflated opinions of themselves…Makes you wonder if he even realizes how important that play was.

Willing to hold the player accountable. Unwilling to hold the coach accountable.

Interesting CIS dynamic

Y'all point out every bad play this kid makes and don't say **** when he makes good plays. Every player in history of the game has missed a tackle or gotten a penalty. Get the **** over it. Just because he was a 5 star y'all expect him to be perfect. Even Ed and Sean had bad plays. And no I'm not saying he's either one of them but the hate for this kid is ridiculous.

Y'all point out every bad play this kid makes and don't say **** when he makes good plays. Every player in history of the game has missed a tackle or gotten a penalty. Get the **** over it. Just because he was a 5 star y'all expect him to be perfect. Even Ed and Sean had bad plays. And no I'm not saying he's either one of them but the hate for this kid is ridiculous.

We need to push for players like this to come back, not leave early, too

Advertisement
I had already quit watching by that point and would be a hypocrite to bash him for doing so. Completely understand that he was beyond frustrated and he knew perfectly well that even if we'd held them to a FG in that spot, our offense was absolutely not going to tie the game up.

I had already quit watching by that point and would be a hypocrite to bash him for doing so. Completely understand that he was beyond frustrated and he knew perfectly well that even if we'd held them to a FG in that spot, our offense was absolutely not going to tie the game up.
The horse collar wasn't even that big of a deal because the QB had already ran for a first down and he probably gets another 20 yards anyway if he doesn't horse collar him. That play 31 had QB responsibilities and he ran outside to the back and looked completely lost.

The touchdown run he just didn't wrap up but yea the game was already over. It was over when we failed on 4th down. The defense had held all night, it was only a matter of time before they tired out.

If you are of a certain age and generation.

I would strongly advise not trying to understand this social media/Tic Tok era kids.

They all do it. They can’t and will not see it the way we do. They aren’t build like that.

Everything is about social media likes and clout. You stressing yourself out trying to understand it.

Advertisement
Refuses to wrap up. 3 years of this.

Again, Williams played a good game before this. And he's really having a great season.

What was bad about that play was that Mauigoa was already slowing the runner down somewhat…So it was an easy wrap up if Williams decided to do that. But no, he arrogantly went for a kill shot and got punched and the kid went another 20+ for a TD

I guess like only 1/5th of the posters in this thread read the actual original post here where I commended what an excellent season #20 has had. Amazing.

I guess like only 1/5th of the posters in this thread read the actual original post here where I commended what an excellent season #20 has had. Amazing.
I misunderstood. Much like on the field, JW is emotional which is likely why he tweeted it.

Playing college or pro ball at a high level requires thick skin. He will really hate the pros when teams don’t want them posting this type of stuff.

Advertisement
Sorry, I wasn't being literal. I was hoping you would understand that. But he has had 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties against NC State and GT. Go back on the gameday threads, and in each thread, posters are saying things like, "waiting for the inevitable James Williams 15 yard penalty". **** like that doesn't simply get made up. We all know that James Williams has a problem with his emotions and he commits stupid 15 yard penalties. Say that he doesn't.
He's been a lot better this year than I expected as far as actually getting called for 15 yard penalties..how many does he actually have called against him this year?

This is exactly what I said Saturday but some ****tits wanted to pick fights with me. Not once did I say he cost us the game. It's 3 years of continued stupidity that I have had enough with. Then has the balls to go to social media.
Bro why you be so upset? Might need take some time and touch grass.. I’m really concerned for you bud.

Look I've defended James Williams a long time…Even through the penalties I've been a fan and think he's gotten a little better every year. And I actually think he is having an excellent season overall and have said it many times on this board week-to-weke. Has taken a clear step forward this year, and because of his versatility I think has a chance to go in rounds 2-3 of the draft.

But I don't understand how these kids make tweets like this…After BRUTALLY MISSING THAT TACKLE AND GETTING PUNKED on the game sealing drive by NC State. We needed to hold them to a field goal to have a chance and he basically was man-to-man embarrassed by their back.

I'd be so angry with myself right now I couldn't be spoken to all week...

My god it's a different world today…These kids really have inflated opinions of themselves…Makes you wonder if he even realizes how important that play was.

This is what social media has done. It created opinions from fans that were kept in living rooms and stadiums. Now you have dumb asses (myself included) saying stupid sh and they read it. How could you not be tempted to fire back? I know I would.

He probably reading all negative things and that hurts this program. I used to think it didn’t but it does I haven’t gone full mope cause of it. Being as patient as I can be and I have no patience.

Advertisement
Back