J.D. Speilman in portal

He's had 170rec 2,546yds & 15TD's in 3 years...

Minnesota kid probably goes home. A duo of Rashod Bateman & Spielman would be dangerous AF in the B1G.

Plus their QB Tanner Morgan had a pheneomal Sophomore season last year.
Dang Morgan’s only a sophomore? Lucky for them. PJs got something going let’s see if he keeps it going. They got a new OC this year but they had a nice run game to compliment Morgan with a big O-line

Advertisement
Seems likely that the less time we have for practice and other college level football participation and education, the more advantage we gain by having experience transferring in - at least for this year. It may be a little short-sighted but Manny's got to have results THIS year, period. Even the Covid excuse won't help with too many losses . . . unless, of course, the young man has some problems that we don't need . . .

Advertisement
I think he ends up with the gophers. Makes sense with Tyler Johnson graduating and his dad being the GM of the Vikings, PJ Fleck’s record with WR’s etc. That being said I looked up the portal and Nebraska has 19 kids in there currently. Talk about attrition.
Must be Frost’s attempt to “change the culture”. 🤣 ain’t no one buying what Scott is selling out in the cornfields. He had a cushy job at UCF, I know it’s his alma mater but still; we think we’ve had it rough these past 15+ years....

He seems a bit small and his game is similar to Harley’s. I wouldn’t worry about taking him due to concern about the kids confidence. I probably wouldn’t take him because we have a player like him already on the roster and he doesn’t bring much difference. I do bring him in if you don’t think Harley is the man.

He seems a bit small and his game is similar to Harley’s. I wouldn’t worry about taking him due to concern about the kids confidence. I probably wouldn’t take him because we have a player like him already on the roster and he doesn’t bring much difference. I do bring him in if you don’t think Harley is the man.

Bring him in

His game is similar to Harley's with the exception of him being a better WR who gets open more, catches the ball more and makes more yards on his own.

Advertisement
His game is similar to Harley's with the exception of him being a better WR who gets open more, catches the ball more and makes more yards on his own.

You are correct that he is more productive than Harley. However, due to the similarity in their game, we don’t need him if we believe Harley will flourish in our new system. We should expect that Harley would be as productive. However, if there is a feeling that Harley is going to be just another WR, then you take the kid to give us what Harley cant.

There is no tomorrow for manny Diaz. There is no tomorrow for the Miami football program. We need to be ALL IN for the 2020 season. Get this kid. His production speaks for itself. Last years’ schedule (and many before that one) and this upcoming schedule were/are easy. 2021 is Alabama, 2022 is A&M and Clemson. 2020 is *crucial*. If we don’t capitalize this season with king, we will basically become Nebraska- a program that was *once* elite. We aren’t Nebraska yet but we are close.

You are correct that he is more productive than Harley. However, due to the similarity in their game, we don’t need him if we believe Harley will flourish in our new system. We should expect that Harley would be as productive. However, if there is a feeling that Harley is going to be just another WR, then you take the kid to give us what Harley cant.

Just because they play primarily out of the slot, doesn't mean they play a similar game. I'd say at this point, JD Spielman has more nuance to his game. Sets up his routes a bit better, a bit tougher, takes it downfield a bit more, accelerates to the catchpoint. He's definitely faster and is better in the openfield as he's also lined up in the backfield and Nebraska fed him into space. He has played outside a bit, too. He can take a sideline route, turn the corner, accelerate, and scoot upfield.

Advertisement
If we’re taking another transfer then I’d rather get the RT from Delaware St. that played in the SWAC. I trust that Lashlee already knowS that’s Brevin, Jordan, Dee and Jeremiah are gonna be his guys and his focal points. Even though adding him would be awesome, it’s more important to protect D’Eriq.

Are you kidding me? Similar because of their size? Have you looked at their relative production?

Advertisement
Are you kidding me? Similar because of their size? Have you looked at their relative production?

I said that they have similar game not production. When I say game, I mean in terms of the type of player. Keyword being “type”, like characteristics. At this stage Spielman is a better player for sure. Question is, have we seen the best of Harley? If the answer is yes, you bring Spielman in. But if you think there is another level for Harley than it would expected that he could give us what Spielman could and we don’t need him

Do we have the numbers to work with bringing in another guy??

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I skimmed from the first page to the last.

Do we have the numbers to work with bringing in another guy??

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I skimmed from the first page to the last.
Miami could try to bring him in as a blue shirt. But the numbers and blue shirt possibility don't matter, he's not coming.

Advertisement
Back