Ivy League moving football to the Spring

I’m a mask guy. Asians wear them, and they are the top dogs on pandemics.

But if masks are as effective as the studies now claim them to be, our “experts” have committed one of the greatest acts of negligence in human history.
They screwed it up by lying at first to protect the limited supply. We had that limited supply because we were completely unprepared as a country to deal with a pandemic. Apparently, they thought it was better to lie for the greater good to preserve our limited supply of masks for the healthcare professionals. They knew that Americans are ***** and that they'd hoard every mask like the idiots did with toilet paper for months.

The "experts" have since then been pounding the mask drum incessantly. Everyone now knows that masks are helpful.

The people who have continued to choose not to wear masks aren't making that choice because Fauci told them it didn't matter at first; they're electing not to wear masks because they're selfish babies, who refuse to suffer even the most minor inconvenience for the greater good. They stomp around like 2 year olds and invent constitutional treatises on masks instead of just putting the fcking thing on when they're in a spot where social distancing isn't possible.

Advertisement

But if masks are as effective as the studies now claim them to be, our “experts” have committed one of the greatest acts of negligence in human history.
Me too, if social distancing isn't possible. Even though people don't wear them properly and can't keep their hands off them. And even though I think restaurants are responsible for a lot of the transmission due tot he viral load aspect.

But ya gotta admit this is still funny.

1593972159996.png

Stipulate everyone fūcked up, the government (CDC, NIH, the Executive and Legislative branches, etc etc)

Personally, I also stipulate this would have gone the way it has, no matter our response, because in the long run we end up in the same place.

Hopefully, when this ends we will have learned much, including attenuating a better response from the CDC, NIH, and the WHO.

Now, can we get back on topic?

Last edited:
True, but having a P5 season in the spring still pays the bills satisfactorily. As long as it’s in the 2020-2021 academic calendar, athletic departments will survive. The only thing they can’t survive is a complete cancellation of the season and not playing ball again till fall 2021. So if they don’t think they can do it this fall, they will 100% move it to the spring and they still get the TV revenue in time to keep things afloat.

like I’ve been saying nothing is going to be any different t playing in Fall or Spring. Covid will still be around, we will still have the same concerns and consequences. So if we play in Spring wtf was the real point. I’m watching a English Premier soccer game currently. We canceled the NCAA Tourney in March and it’s now July and **** is worse than before. No vaccine is coming and if it does without proper testing, we rush it and we could die from that. In Spring a bunch of kids will sit out and not play and prepare for NFL. We need to learn to play and live with it and if you don’t want to play than do what’s best for you and your family. But delaying sports another few months when pandemic will be the same makes no sense.

I’ve been furloughed but I’m starting back up again tomorrow, and I’ll be in Hotels, restaurants and bars, selling, tasting and talking to people. Am I concerned and worried, yes I sure am but I need to pay the bills and I’ll take all precautions I can.

In some places in China they dont leave the house ever without a mask. Japan too.

And have been doing so for years and years.

Whoops.

Advertisement
You're boring. Same **** note in every thread. Now take your chihuahua, ILuvRuiningThreads, for a walk.
Again, you forgot your usual facquit, ****, bukake pic/reference, "I'm the Legend", "I run this place", Androol better not say **** to me, blah, blah, blah, blah.

You are quickly moving up the Muppet rankings.

You are powerwash cycle today--always best for those deep hard to treat stains.

Don't make me get the fishnet lamp.

Last edited:
They screwed it up by lying at first to protect the limited supply. We had that limited supply because we were completely unprepared as a country to deal with a pandemic. Apparently, they thought it was better to lie for the greater good to preserve our limited supply of masks for the healthcare professionals. They knew that Americans are ***** and that they'd hoard every mask like the idiots did with toilet paper for months.

The "experts" have since then been pounding the mask drum incessantly. Everyone now knows that masks are helpful.

The people who have continued to choose not to wear masks aren't making that choice because Fauci told them it didn't matter at first; they're electing not to wear masks because they're selfish babies, who refuse to suffer even the most minor inconvenience for the greater good. They stomp around like 2 year olds and invent constitutional treatises on masks instead of just putting the fcking thing on when they're in a spot where social distancing isn't possible.

If what you’re saying is true, they committed fraud instead of negligence. And they wonder why nobody trusts them.

One contradiction after another .
Funny the discussion began with Ivy league schools. It seems like alot of the faulty "experts" were groomed at those schools. So it's a no brainer they would want to delay the season. Imo, i see no relevance in their opinion when it pertains to big boy football...

As far as the decision makers, there really is no relevant opinion right now. It’s all just sheer speculation.

A lot can happen between today and the middle of August. I think that determines where the decision makers heads are going to be when they have to pull the trigger, one way or the other

In some places in China they dont leave the house ever without a mask. Japan too.

And have been doing so for years and years.

Whoops.
Hmmm. Did not know that about Japan. But China makes sense with their pollution issues, at least in the past.

Advertisement
If what you’re saying is true, they committed fraud instead of negligence. And they wonder why nobody trusts them.
You would be horrified at how easily integrity can be tested, and in some cases cast aside, by all politicians and appointed position civilians (who are sucker fish to political tribe that got them nominated in first place).

With that said, its also easy to arm chair quarterback any leadership position when one has never been in, or around, said positions. Like many, many, many porsters here--they do provide me entertainment though.

Government decision making is actually worse than a sausage factory--again you would be horrified and furious if you knew how it actually works.

Last edited:
As far as the decision makers, there really is no relevant opinion right now. It’s all just sheer speculation.

A lot can happen between today and the middle of August. I think that determines where the decision makers heads are going to be when they have to pull the trigger, one way or the other
Very realistic concept. Cooler heads prevail. A lot of emotionally charged reactions and decisions right now. Things need to play out....

Again, they don't trust Fauci, yet they trust the government folks who tell them what they want to hear or who spew the rhetoric that resonates with them. This isn't about overall mistrust or skepticism of all politicians, which is completely normal and advisable.

This isn't about rational people at this point. Rational people know what they should be doing. This is about the lunatic fringe that thinks everything that's an inconvenience to them is a conspiracy against them in particular.

Advertisement
Again, they don't trust Fauci, yet they trust the government folks who tell them what they want to hear or who spew the rhetoric that resonates with them. This isn't about overall mistrust or skepticism of all politicians, which is completely normal and advisable.

This isn't about rational people at this point. Rational people know what they should be doing. This is about the lunatic fringe that thinks everything that's an inconvenience to them is a conspiracy against them in particular.
Funny who gets to decide who's rational?

I was referring to politicians, my bad
Fauci is a politician too. You can hear it in his answers. He answers questions like a politician instead of just answering truthfully. When they were asking him obvious questions, and the answer was inapposite to Trump's current stance, he'd hedge his answer to try to keep Trump happy. That's a politician.

Advertisement
Fauci is the government
If we want everything to get back to what it was pre-pandemic, the actions over the last two months that many in this country have taken and more importantly the messaging from our leaders needs to change. And fast. The results during that same time range, and especially in the last month prove as much.

Last edited:
Fauci is a politician too. You can hear it in his answers. He answers questions like a politician instead of just answering truthfully. When they were asking him obvious questions, and the answer was inapposite to Trump's current stance, he'd hedge his answer to try to keep Trump happy. That's a politician.
Yeah, that’s true. Good point. I didn’t think about it like that..

The lunatic fringe gets more attention than their actual impact. The core of the epidemic is LA, Miami and Houston. These are international cities that voted blue.

The people in Stuart County yelling about masks and politics aren’t driving this epidemic.

Advertisement
Back